• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
also also can i ask why the infraction for prejudice is less serious than trolling

trolling is harder to define and you can get hit for trolling on harmless shitposts sometimes, but prejudice seems pretty cut and dry and also should prolly be more points
I do agree that prejudice should definitely get at least 30 points compared to what it gets now. Seriously, I once saw on a Discord server where someone compared being a dub fan to being a Jew during the Holocaust. The mods of that server told him to basically retract what he says or get banned permanently for Holocaust denial.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
“No bad mouthing Iris”. Doesn’t seem like a bad idea. And yeah considering there once a rule once saying we couldn’t say “Japanese VA” and had to Google each characters voice actor and name them, I doubt that should be their main priority
oh ye, I remember that moment lmao. Ngl, that was an actual "loser" moment. Hate to say it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
No bad mouthing Iris”. Doesn’t seem like a bad idea. And yeah considering there once a rule once saying we couldn’t say “Japanese VA” and had to Google each characters voice actor and name them, I doubt that should be their main priority
FEH_Blood_Tome_Animation.png

Sham

The Guardian of War
Qoh ye, I remember that moment lmao. Ngl, that was an actual "loser" moment. Hate to say it.
Yea not trying to throw anybody under the bus but yeah, I doubt anybody listed on here is going to randomly delete your hate comments on other characters and series unless your cursing, trolling etc. That’s pretty petty.

All of us have bias. It’s only when biases end up creating double standards where I take issue. If a thread gets derailed because people started talking about Pokeshipping or Advancedshipping, but it’s okay to talk about Pearlshipping or Amourshipping, fan art and Twitter drama and all, that’s when I take issue.
That part.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Before I get asked no I didn't lock this thread. I always give a heads up when I'm about to lock a thread.

Hopefully everyone's concerns got noted or get noted.

Same. Have no idea who locked it.

Definitely.

PsychoLogical

Alright uh....the thread's been freed from prison so I guess a recollection of some current hopes/demands:
  • Updates to the rules and infraction system
  • Officially reopen the mod application form (It's technically not closed and still open but any new applications are basically unofficial and essentially don't count)
  • Continuation of the last point: New mods, especially for the PAD. Some of us did put out some recommendations on potential candidates but it's unclear if that'll even matter since I assume anyone is going to have a fair shot, even for those that have caused trouble in the past unless they were really bad. (which I also assume will be automatic rejections)
  • Username changes.
  • Bot situation.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Alright uh....the thread's been freed from prison so I guess a recollection of some current hopes/demands:
  • Officially reopen the mod application form (It's technically not closed and still open but any new applications are basically unofficial and essentially don't count)
  • Continuation of the last point: New mods, especially for the PAD. Some of us did put out some recommendations on potential candidates but it's unclear if that'll even matter since I assume anyone is going to have a fair shot, even for those that have caused trouble in the past unless they were really bad. (which I also assume will be automatic rejections)
  • Username changes.
  • Bot situation.
Great recap @PsychoLogical.

One more thing to add to this list: More transparency on moderation decisions, thread locks, post and thread deletions, etc. At a minimum, the person being infracted should get a DM telling them who made a moderation decision, what post caused the infraction, and what rule was broken.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I think more visible and responsive tech support would be nice I can't use my thread tools tab for some reason and I had a hard time finding where can I post this problem and when I found the help subforum and posted my issue there were no responses.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Great recap @PsychoLogical.

One more thing to add to this list: More transparency on moderation decisions, thread locks, post and thread deletions, etc. At a minimum, the person being infracted should get a DM telling them who made a moderation decision, what post caused the infraction, and what rule was broken.
Yeah
Would love it to be mandatory for every mod to clear up an infraction via DM unless it's for like a very obvious hate post. Would rather get proper transparency and communication than ignorance and snarky comments

PsychoLogical

Also, remove the minimod rule. That's like the most pointless rule to exist there.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Also, remove the minimod rule. That's like the most pointless rule to exist there.
I think we should just replace it with a “no pinging the mods unless urgent“ rule. It makes more sense

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
An infraction that really needs put in place is "abusing the report system."

There's some users on here that really abuse the heck out of the report system. So many posts get reported that aren't even "infraction" worthy or even worthy enough of attention, and it's usually reported by the same users. It's honestly annoying. Especially when going through hundreds of reports in the mod queue. There's times when reports are worthy of discipline, but there's other times where they aren't.

In the morning there's tons of spambots to attend to. Reports that don't even warrant any importance only add to the mess in the queue.

keepitsimple

site of lies
I think that's already a thing. I could be completely wrong but I remember reading that years ago in the infractions thread, but unfortunately that's gone so i cant check

Ryker101

• Username changes.
  • Bot situation.

Yes please make these happen. Great to see things are looking up here

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I think we should be allowed to double post as long as the gap between the two posts is more than an hour.

Last edited:

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I agree. Some topics you sort of need to double post especially if it involves the news or something urgent happens.
I agree in my case I just don't want some particular discussions or threads to die down because there is still lots to talk about