• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Journal Discussion and Suggestion Thread

McDanger

Discuss the issue of the Serebii Journal here, anything from what you liked the most to what you disliked as well as what you would want to see in the next issue. Updates on the next issue will be posted here such as the number of articles, the theme, and some of the article names.

Last edited:
This months article looks good. Just a note there will be an article on the Serebii Tournaments Section in next months article :)

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Don't centre-align entire articles for gods sake. x_x

Otherwise good content this time.

The Master Chief

Although it can't get Taunts off faster, it is usually not as good as its Defensive counterpart.

Refering to the Deoxys Article: Do you mean "Although it can get Taunts off faster, it is usually not as good as its Defensive counterpart."? Maybe i read that wrong :u

I just wanted to say that I learned something really cool from this issue, even though I've only read a small portion so far. When I first read the part about if Zygarde had Mold Breaker, I thought it was an error to say that it would be able to KO Dragonite, as I thought the Ability only affected whether a move could be used in spite of the opponent's Ability and had no effect on damage output. This prompted a short trip to the AbilityDex, which showed I was off.

Considering I'm not yet very knowledgeable about competitive Pokémon, I figured you would be glad to know that even the little things are sometimes generating interest in finding out more about how things work! Thanks for all of the work you put into this!

McDanger

I just wanted to say that I learned something really cool from this issue, even though I've only read a small portion so far. When I first read the part about if Zygarde had Mold Breaker, I thought it was an error to say that it would be able to KO Dragonite, as I thought the Ability only affected whether a move could be used in spite of the opponent's Ability and had no effect on damage output. This prompted a short trip to the AbilityDex, which showed I was off.

Considering I'm not yet very knowledgeable about competitive Pokémon, I figured you would be glad to know that even the little things are sometimes generating interest in finding out more about how things work! Thanks for all of the work you put into this!
Thats exactly why i started this several months back, glad you liked it :p

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Glad to see that theorymon is still going to be a part of this, keeping things fresh this time with abilities rather than possible moves again. Bulletproof is an interesting one for Metagross. It's not the usual Iron Fist, Tough Claws and Analytic that people usually suggest, and it tries to help Metagross out from a totally different angle. Archeops would also definitely love Aerilate instead of Defeatist, but to be fair, any physical Flying type would love Aerilate as an option (Thrash Salamence, Extreme Speed Dragonite/Rayquaza, etc).

The Risk vs. Reward analysis was a good one too, it's definitely something people need to learn about instead of assuming everything is about being "good" at prediction. It might sound a bit complicated for people just getting into competitive, but it's still important to understand things are more than just simple guesswork.

Not sure I have any other suggestions or comments, I like it.

McDanger

I may do retyping instead of new moves in the next issue, i dont want to burn out new abilities in a row, but if its thats what everyone wants i dont mind doing it again

McDanger

Sorry for not posting some updates on the august issue, life got crazy again

The theme will be Dragon Type and we will be featuring our first guest writer, Gray who will be picking and writing the featured pokemon

finally, how does everyone feel on an article on the current suspect thread, i`m impartial myself but we can write one if everyone would like that

ger9119

Sorry for not posting some updates on the august issue, life got crazy again

The theme will be Dragon Type and we will be featuring our first guest writer, Gray who will be picking and writing the featured pokemon

finally, how does everyone feel on an article on the current suspect thread, i`m impartial myself but we can write one if everyone would like that

I think there should be an article on the current suspects and the upcoming suspects maybe ( M-Mawile and Thundy) , the current suspects have caused alot of chatter as of late with the community being torn on what to do with Aegislash. Maybe have well known good players state what they think should happen to Aegislash. All include a pros and cons with it like how would keeping it affect the metagame as well as what will happen if it was banned.

The July Issue was really good, maybe an article on underrated pokemon and cores in OU or underrated sets from the top tier threats that can prove to be very effective. Also I think an article about Gimmicks should be included and how to differentiate what is a gimmick and what isn't.

McDanger

We will be doing an underrated threat article in the near future, as for gimmacks, that may earn a spot next month comparing innovative sets to gimmacks

McDanger

Due to issue within the lives of most of the writers, the issue will be postponed till next month. As such the issue will likely be twice as large to compensate.

Due to Technical Issues this Month's Serebii Journal will be postponed for a couple days it will be up prior to the end of the month

- Eliteknight and Ragnarok