• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Journal Discussion and Suggestions Thread - October Issue

Discuss the issue of the Serebii Journal here, anything from what you liked the most to what you disliked as well as what you would want to see in the next issue. Updates on the next issue will be posted here such as the number of articles, the theme, and some of the article names.

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
It was nice to see this issue be a bit of a change of pace from many of the previous ones; a non-staff member being interviewed, a heavy focus on LC- a less commonly played metagame on Serebii- and the inclusion of new writers. The first article was also nice because it helps people learn regardless of tier; a gimmick is still a gimmick whether your playing VGC, Ubers, OU, RU, or any other tier.

With ORAS coming next month, it might be fun to do an article on Hoenn Pokemon that have received buffs this gen, and maybe some speculation on ones that are slated to receive buffs come ORAS.

Last edited:
Seconding what MMS said. I'd like to see something on Hoenn mons that are relevant in OU. I'd also be willing to write it if possible.

Other things I'd like to see are looks at other metas like balanced hack ones or almost any ability. I've been taking a break from OU lately and been playing these other metas. And I have to say that they're really refreshing. It's something I'd consider adding to this in a future issue.

It was nice to see this issue be a bit of a change of pace from many of the previous ones; a non-staff member being interviewed, a heavy focus on LC- a less commonly played metagame on Serebii- and the inclusion of new writers. The first article was also nice because it helps people learn regardless of tier; a gimmick is still a gimmick whether your playing VGC, Ubers, OU, RU, or any other tier.

With ORAS coming next month, it might be fun to do an article on Hoenn Pokemon that have received buffs this gen, and maybe some speculation on ones that are slated to receive buffs come ORAS.

Seconding what MMS said. I'd like to see something on Hoenn mons that are relevant in OU. I'd also be willing to write it if possible.

Other things I'd like to see are looks at other metas like balanced hack ones or almost any ability. I've been taking a break from OU lately and been playing these other metas. And I have to say that they're really refreshing. It's something I'd consider adding to this in a future issue.

The next article will have a focus on ORAS. And possibly another tier featured.