• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net 8th Advent Calendar Discussion & Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Ninetales

Ninetales Trainer
Heh, so THAT was it. I kept trying to think of more elaborate things. Such as the scandal caused by skipping Green to Blue. And FR/LG was a scandal here too at first cause of how everyone was sure they were gonna make a blue version instead.

mewtwo78

pokemon master
40 is rarecandy

Dark_Water

3 - Gorebyss
5 - Darkrai
6 - Politoed
10 - Stargazer Colosseum
13 - Kabutops
24(Across) - Dragonair
24(Down) - Dowsing MCHN
25 - Harbor Mail
30 - Dubious Disc
34 - Nidoking
37(Across) - Sudowoodo
37(Down) - Scrappy
38 - Lairon

20 - Soundproof
24 - Dowsing MCHN
34 - Nidoking
40 - Rare Candy

Last edited:

Phoenix Ninetales

Ninetales Trainer
For those that want the easy way out, I will include a spoiler in this post with the answers.

Across:
7. Tropius
11.LuckyEgg
12.Bonemerang
14.SteelWing
15.VoltTackle
16.Chatot
17.Samuel
20.Soundproof
21.Jynx
24.Dragonair
29.Flareon
30.DubiousDisc
32.Celebi
33.Spoink
37.Sudowoodo
39.Giovanni
40.RareCandy
41.Floatzel
42.Stantler

Down:
1.Gallade
2.Smeargle
3.Gorebyss
4.Mt.Sorbet
5.Darkrai
6.Politoed
8.SevaultCanyon
9.ProfessorBirch
10.StargazerColosseum
13.Kabutops
14.StealthRock
18.ShoalCave
19.SunyshoreCity
22.Palpark
23.Brandon
24.DowsingMchn
25.HarborMail
26.Magnetpull
27.Beautifly
28.BadDreams
31.Shieldon
34.Nidoking
35.StevenStone
36.Pokegear
37.Scrappy
38.Lairon

Last edited:

Cimarronboy

Pokemon Hero
Dang, this is a hard one...looking for 20 across, 24 across, 40 across, 6 down & 34 down?

3: Porygon2
5: Darkrai
10: StargazerColosseum
13: Kabutops
25: HarborMail
30: DubiousDisc
37: Scrappy
38: Lairon

20: Soundproof
24: Dragonair
40: Rarecandy
6: Politoed
34: Nidoking

I need:
4 down: "This area is one of the areas articnuo can be found"
28 down: "Causes damage to sleeping opponents"
36 down: "Device owned by some trainers"

Psyduck Ranger

Celebi's Guardian
Thanks, although it was 24 across I needed, but you've put that anyway... So I just need 6 down...

Incidentally, 36 down is spelt wrong. The accent is important! :p

mewtwo78

pokemon master
pokegear

mewtwo78

pokemon master
finnaly finished the crossword

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I have to say, the games are a little challenging. But what i REALLY am looking forward to are the MSN Icons and the Wallpapers! new ones everyday makes me happy!

Illusione-Tempus

Dark_Water said:
Across:
20 - Soundproof
41 - Floatzel

Down:
2 - Smeargle
14 - Stealth Rock

How could I even forget about Smeargle... I already know it ends with "rgle", but I can't even think about it... And Soundproof! I answered that before the 2nd puzzle change, but I couldn't even figure out what I answered again xD

Anyway, thanks!

Psyduck Ranger

Celebi's Guardian
Aha! I've figured out the trick with these larger sliders! In particular, for when they don't have the missing piece as on of the corners as most do. Simply box off the square that will be left empty until it is the corner square of a mini/pseudo square, like a 9x9 or if you'd prefer, bigger. It's so simply...

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
make some more word games, like Pictionary.

oh, yes, post 360. sweeeeeet!

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Happy Merry Flaunting YES!!!! I finally finished the 4th Sliderpuzzle!

1088 moves, and 1109 seconds.. Holy Miltank!

Maybe I should stop doing four of these in one night.. Get some sleep in! xD

*Yes, I did slider 3 and 4, the Dialga/Palkia-jigsaw and the most recent Crossword in one go.. Now, I'm dead...xD

Illusione-Tempus

I may be able to provide WordFits in the latter part of the Advent Calendar...like I did last year when I introduced them. Interactive too :)

Sweet! Hopefully you can tone down the difficulty of the final WordFit... I still can't solve last year's final WordFit. So many 6-lettered words T3T

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Sweet! Hopefully you can tone down the difficulty of the final WordFit... I still can't solve last year's final WordFit. So many 6-lettered words T3T
Where's the fun in that :p

Happy Merry Flaunting YES!!!! I finally finished the 4th Sliderpuzzle!

1088 moves, and 1109 seconds.. Holy Miltank!

Maybe I should stop doing four of these in one night.. Get some sleep in! xD

*Yes, I did slider 3 and 4, the Dialga/Palkia-jigsaw and the most recent Crossword in one go.. Now, I'm dead...xD
I am starting to wonder if I should stop increasing the difficulty on the sliders...still got 3 levels to go

Illusione-Tempus

Serebii said:
Where's the fun in that :p

That's true... but at least add a little more 7-lettered words... Last year, the word Torchic being at the bottom with only 2 words intersecting it makes it hard T3T

Oh, and anyone happened to save the Bubbly Totodile wallpaper set? I seemed to missed it last year (since I still can't get over my Totodile hatred back then)

Psyduck Ranger

Celebi's Guardian
I seriously got stuck on today's puzzle...until I read the description and realised I could right click them...made even easier by the realisation that flipped pieces are darker than they should be. At first, trying to fit some corners in, I thought the green indicator thing had been taken away, and even the ability to snap into place that last one is definitely too far for an online puzzle...), but then I managed to fit the other two in normally...

Heh, but this was more fun than the previous ones :p

Status
Not open for further replies.