• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net 8th Advent Calendar Discussion & Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I didn't see this on the daily updates and I was wondering if it was going on. Glad to see it is.
Was posted about on December 1st. Will have it in the top part every so often and wont update about it again until December 24th (which incidentally has a MegaCrossword)

lucky_u

Was posted about on December 1st. Will have it in the top part every so often and wont update about it again until December 24th (which incidentally has a MegaCrossword)

You saved the hardest game as the surprise?@@
Need to save some brain cell for that one

Could you whip up the code breaker just like last year?
That one was fun.
Although I'm guessing there isn't a java version for that one.

KnightofTime

Kanto Kid
I agree, The code breakers were fun.

You can provide two puzzles to make up for the no java script. Like 1 slider/puzzle to play online, and 1 code breaker to print out.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
how about some wallpapers and avatars from past movies? like Mewtwo Strikes Back, The Power of One... Celebi, the Voice of the Forest... *glances at Serebii*

oraclelink

Just a little pointer

If you are going to make a clue that says "Home of a Normal-type Gym" try not to make the word cross at a letter that both possible answers share.

I mean, (open spoilers if you don't mind)
petalburgciTy
goldenrodciTy

It crosses at the T in both, and since they are both Cities, with the same amount of letters, both fit perfectly and there is no way to know which is correct without checking. (Though obviously, when I did, the correct one was Petalburg but I had put Goldrenrod)

Psyduck Ranger

Celebi's Guardian
I think Serebii must just give it the words & clues then it orders them randomly, because in the original it was different; then he changed it to remove the accidental space.

But yeah, it was a bit of an unfair one...

That said, what right do any of us have to complain or demand anything? Serebii's providing us with loads of free entertainment & resources all year round. We should be making him the calendar :/

Batsutousai

Woobatty
I miss the code breaker puzzles a lot, personally. I've never cared for slider puzzles, so those days are a bit of a let-down for me. I mean, I like that the puzzles are interactive now, since I don't have a readily accessible printer, but I'd totally go out of my way to print out a code breaker. (So much fun... o_O)

I do wish, however, that the interactive crosswords had the numbers on them. I mean, you can click on each line and it'll tell you the question, but sharing the answers here on the forum would be way easier, as would picking out which questions you can answer without any questions. As it is, I have one window open with the print-out version and one window open with the interactive version, so I can keep track of which number's which.

I dunno. Just some thoughts. Feel free to ignore me... ^.^"

Ultimate Glalie

Just a small mistake I found on the latest crossword - the clue for 8 Across is "Raises the user's Attack three stages". The clue should be "Raises the user's Special Attack three stages", since the answer is:

TAILGLOW

Last edited:

Illusione-Tempus

I miss the code breakers... they were fun ;_;

Plus, are you run out of wallpapers and pictures? Cause the only ones that I haven't got are the movies and the rumble wallpapers, and the rest appeared last year too...

Illusione-Tempus

I'm stuck in 5,12 and 23.Can anyone give me the answer,please?

My 5, 12 and 23 are:

5. Heatran
12. Mawile
23. Legend

While I'm here, I'll be posting the answers.

crossword3y10.png

No Guard took me quite some time...

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
To webmaster Serebii:

About Down 6 in crossword #3: while I am aware it isn't an incorrect spelling considering you reside in Brittan, 'Sky Forme' might give some Americans bit of trouble (as 'forme' is spelled 'form' in the US). A 'UK spelling' side note in Down 6's clue would be helpful for your North American visitors. Thanks.

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
Is it not know as Forme everywhere?

I'm from Britain and would normally spell it form, I thought that was just how its spelt in pokemon.

(Also it's not Brittan, its Britain.)

Edit: May need help with 11 Down, is it not SuckerPunch? It fits, but won't accept it ):

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

I'm from Britain and would normally spell it form, I thought that was just how its spelt in pokemon.

Edit: May need help with 11 Down, is it not SuckerPunch? It fits, but won't accept it ):
Forme is used within the name in all English versions. The actual word is Form but on Legendaries, Nintendo decided to call them Forme. It's not a UK spelling at all. It's a ridiculous extra e that Nintendo added

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...

Oh, it is? I guess I said my dumb thing for the day right there. -_-' On top of that, I typo'd Britian.

Really, an extra 'e'? o_0

Status
Not open for further replies.