• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net 8th Advent Calendar Discussion & Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion_Blastoise

I know you can't do them anymore (because they're not interactive) but I really miss the sudokus.

Also....

Everyone here raise your hand if you didn't read the new puzzle's instructions and spent ages trying to figure it out before realising that some pieces had to be flipped and rotated X_X.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Just wait til the next jigsaw :D

Bwahahahahaha

Dark_Water

xDDD
Serebii used Evil Eye
I liked today's jigsaw ... Tricky ;P
Oh, and about yesterday's slider too, I really liked both images. Where can I find it bigger? BTW I've solved it in 628 moves, in 211 seconds. =3

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
xDDD
Serebii used Evil Eye
Oh, and about yesterday's slider too, I really liked both images. Where can I find it bigger? BTW I've solved it in 628 moves, in 211 seconds. =3
Impressive :)

The images used in all the sliders have been screencaps from various episodes. Sliders tend to be from before the 16:9 episode era and Jigsaws from after

Oh yeah. Christmas Eve, as you all know, we have the Mega Crossword. However, this year there will actually be two.

One, probably around 250 words will have questions on everything including Black & White, but for those who don't have Black/White or want to be spoiled, I'm going to have another one, probably about 200-220 words, same clues as the others just sans any BW related ones

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
xDDD
Serebii used Evil Eye
Impressive :)

The images used in all the sliders have been screencaps from various episodes. Sliders tend to be from before the 16:9 episode era and Jigsaws from after

Oh yeah. Christmas Eve, as you all know, we have the Mega Crossword. However, this year there will actually be two.

One, probably around 250 words will have questions on everything including Black & White, but for those who don't have Black/White or want to be spoiled, I'm going to have another one, probably about 200-220 words, same clues as the others just sans any BW related ones

Illusione-Tempus

Serebii said:
Just wait til the next jigsaw :D

Bwahahahahaha

Yay! I can't wait for the next one! I'm such a jigsaw fan :p

Serebii said:

*Stares quietly at the number of words*

W00t! That means lots of things to do for the holiday! I never know what to do in the holidays every year, probably eat, sleep, do stuff at my computer... =D

How long are you going to keep the calendar up?? I don't think i will have access to it on christmas, or a bit after that.

EDIT: Also, answers to 17 Down, 31 Across and 53 Across would be greatly appreciated :p

Last edited:

Illusione-Tempus

Down:
5. This area is not completely linear
17. Houses a variety of stores (I believe this is a town though)
24. Allows you to hit first in the speed priority bracket
30. Used to steal Pokemon (I believe it's the thing at the Colosseum games, but since I never know about it...)

Across:
15. Their logo features Lunatone (It is the Phobos army, just exactly what's their name)
18. Cures all status problems
27. This Pokemon's highest stat is Attack
31. Exists in an as-of-yet un-named region
39. A vehicle that travels on a set path in several areas
51. Lowers damage from Dragon-type moves
52. Changes its hold items after time
53. Has two entrances

Dark_Water

WoW! Thanks, Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
A few of them were driving me crazy! x_x

yeminied

Wow, these crosswords are certainly getting harder. I only got about half the answers this time. Thank you Dr. Doofenshmirtz! for the answers. It's great to finally get the answer to one you particularly want to know.

Flammable Hippie

Leader-in-training
Is it possible for someone to email me a .zip of this year's stuff? I wont be able to get on the internets on something other than my Wii till January i think. T_T

lucky_u

Today's slider is 7x7. Next time would be 8x8 I suppose.
Took me about 12 minutes and 1000 moves.
I'm not looking forward for slider.

Illusione-Tempus

Surprised to see the wordfit to be placed now. Looking forward for the final wordfit. Thinking about it excites me, even though I still haven't finished last years :D

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Surprised to see the wordfit to be placed now. Looking forward for the final wordfit. Thinking about it excites me, even though I still haven't finished last years :D
Strangely, this was also the same point of the month the WordFits were introduced last year :)

It's a bit easier due to the Check Puzzle button, but still

Status
Not open for further replies.