1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Serebii.net AniméDex - Release Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by Serebii, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Serebii.net AniméDex - Release Discussion Thread

From Serebii.net;

The section that sprung out of one of the forthcoming animé section updates has been completed. This section is essentially an encyclopedia of every Pokémon's appearance in the animé. For every appearance, including one second appearances in the background is documented where ever possible and placed in this database. It will be regularly updated whenever an episode has aired so it will never be behind. It categorises the Pokémon by trainer and includes a picture of that said Pokémon where applicable. However, as this is a man-made database, unlike the game sections, there is likely to be a couple of errors so if you see some, be sure to let me know.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/dex/

Discuss

2. Slowking[George]

Slowking[George] #SPP-WiFi HOP

First comment!

Amazing work; only a true anime fan can appreciate it. And the pics are lovely. Well done. :)

3. TeddiUrsa

TeddiUrsa Well-Known Member

I really like this new addition to your site, serebii.

Now we can finally stare at the horror that is the list of Beedrill and Steelix in the anime. Good stuff ^^

4. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

It's great! I'm looking through it now and it's lovely to see how many times Turtwig has been in the anime. It sure helps being owned by a main character, huh! Golbat's another Pokemon that's been in the anime loads.

5. Serebii

Glad the consensus is good...I came up with the idea of doing it originally when I was doing an update for the episode toolbars (coming within the week) and thus used the database for that with this.

Originally it was just going to be this; http://www.serebii.net/anime/dex/001-a.shtml but discussion with others in the staff chat and decided to seperate the trainers. I think I made the right decision

6. TeddiUrsa

TeddiUrsa Well-Known Member

You certainly did. I was hoping for a feature like this for a long time.
    It´s great to look back and see how many times your favourite Pokémon appeared during the series.

Must have been a time-consuming work, eh?

7. Averyy

Averyy Ima firin' muh lazer

I was just thinking the other day " I wonder if they'll add something so we can search what episodes the pokemon have been in..." and whaddya know, here it is. Good work.

8. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

Goodness, the first site-related feature in ages that I may actually pay attention to! (no offense; I just never cared about EV's, the location of a region on a map, or what Pokemon a random Bug Catcher in Hoenn is going to torment me with. I'm sure others do and want to plan accordingly for said battle.)

Having not seen Legend of Thunder, the guide has already been useful in showing me that Hun also has a Steelix, enabling me to further update my list I throw at people while emphasizing its overexposure. It's a very useful tool when I need to compare Dunsparce's appearances to say...Arcanine's.

Fantastic addition, as said. Hopefully it can stay continually updated unlike that Team Rocket Mecha page that fell off the face of the planet. Hope you also have fun updating that Pikachu page every week. (Unless you have some dafaulting robot for it. I'll never doubt you English and your crazy gadgets.)

9. Serebii

Yeah but this past week I've had nothing but free time so I've been just working on it

10. PurpleMew

PurpleMew no promises

Lol if only we all had time to do stuff like this.

Awsome job Joe, and i think it looks better the second way around, the one you descided not to go for was a little boring and not very intresting.

11. That is truly brilliant, I have to say. Thank you.
    It's quite a bit more comprehensive than the brief mention of the anime appearances, usually plonked on the end of the PoTW, and it is something which I appreciate.
    Good choice also in taking the second design, over the first, btw...

12. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Very nice Joe, and looking through a few pages it seems to be decently in-depth. You got the miscolored Breloom that was in one frame from Weekend Warrior mentioned, most impressive.

13. Serebii

I have bigger plans for the site than this now, especially seeing the positive reaction :)

14. PurpleMew

PurpleMew no promises

Just when i think it can't get any better. Awsome.

15. Pearl's Perap

Pearl's Perap Well-Known Member

What a great addition to the site, I'll definitely be using this quite a lot, just to find out what episodes my favourite pokémon are actually in ;D

16. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

Another potential effect this feature may have is since now people have the ability to easily reference which episodes starred their favorites, they can hunt those episodes down, hopefully even buying the DVD's.

17. ShinxesAreCute

ShinxesAreCute I srsy am a Shinx

I finally got a site to load: Serebii, of all places. o_0 Anyways, I'm thankful you made the animedex, as I now can know which episodes have Shinxes in them! *hopes that loading lag doesn't cause a 15x post or something stupid like that*

18. stellarleader

stellarleader Active Member

In just one word: Awesome!

I've seen several attempts to do something like this in the forums, but this is much better with pictures and all.

An incredible work that proves your true dedication to this site, Serebii. Congratulations.

19. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

I really like this Serebii. This is the first site I know of that does this and in fact I've been trying to find something like this.

20. Jonouchi

Jonouchi Chibi-cario

This is awesome. I've always been wondering which Pokemon appeared in which episodes, and now I have an easy reference to look at.

Nice work. Ima gonna go look through it now. =)