• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net App

Do you want a Serebii app? If so for what?

• Yes, Iphone/touch

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Yes, Blackberry

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Yes, Droid

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Yes, other

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollowfication

Vasto Lorde
I think that there should be an app for iPhone/Touch, Droid, Blackberry, etc. for Serebii.

It would be useful and really cool, considering i get all my Pokemon news and info from Serebii

I can't be the only one, so post ideas and other things.

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
If you add it to your home screen, it's just a link to the Internet. We need a legitimate iPhone app. I post from my phone sometimes when I can't get on the computer and half the time I am randomly logged out, my posts don't show up, or I double post on accident.

So it's a good idea.
@hollowfication you live in South Dakota? There is hardly any internet connection in that state, haha.

Last edited:

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Sitewise, I think the ios devices handle the website pretty well. The way the website is coded would require an unimaginable amount of work to convert it to mobile much less app. Then it has to go and be approved by Apple.

Forumwise, soon enough vbulletin will probably put out mobile functionality and it will be available to forum owners abroad. It won't be an app but it'll be a step forward.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I would think that Serebii would be working on an App right now. It would get much more site views because it would be the first Pokemon fansite app and with everyone on the go these days, it would be swell.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I talked to him about this once before, I believe. He said something about taking hits away from the site and copyright issues.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I doubt it. Serebii has turned down RSS Feeds in the past because it's hits to the website and clicks on the ads that pay for the server. If he lost a number of those clicks then the server wouldn't be paid and the site wouldn't exist.

Hollowfication

Vasto Lorde
Okay I should have said Mobile Friendly app

I don't like the home screen idea because i=I don't like non-mobile format for websites. Do you honestly think I wouldn't have tried that?

Thanks for the info on this stuff

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Serebii's formatting doesn't always work well for a Mobile site. Actually the newer guide pages does not.

There is also stuff you may consider not adding to a Mobile app, that seems appropriate for this site. Remember you've got a small screen.

Ok, Reformatting almost all the entire site for Mobile app can be done, but Serebii is the only one that can do this. He has limited what you can do on this site. (Try right-clicking)

As I post this: There are 38 Pokémon Apps on the Droid Market.. Most are "themes", several are Themed games, there are less than 10 actual useful apps, two are "cheats" There are Two Paid PokéDex Apps, A Free Version of one of the Dex Apps, a addon on for the Free/Paid App. And there is one free IV checker!

The Free Dex app is Actually useful, you yell PIKACHU! and It reads out the Info on Pikachu, and displays info about it. (It also does a very good impersonation of the Anime Pokédex.) Want to know what the paid version contains? Links to Serebii site, and Shiny pictures installed. The add ons have the foot Print and the cry. (Except I think that they have Charizard's and Ryhorn's cry mixed up).

Hollowfication

Vasto Lorde
The Free Dex app is Actually useful, you yell PIKACHU! and It reads out the Info on Pikachu, and displays info about it. (It also does a very good impersonation of the Anime Pokédex.) Want to know what the paid version contains? Links to Serebii site, and Shiny pictures installed. The add ons have the foot Print and the cry. (Except I think that they have Charizard's and Ryhorn's cry mixed up).
Thanks i have a Pokedex app on my touch and it has a link to serebii and bulbapedia

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
i woudl like one for all phones

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
i woudl like one for all phones
No chance. Actually, Android being the most Linux of all the Phone OSes, has seen on just about most Smartphones (even ones that normally don't come with Android 2.1, or Android at all).. Ask TweetDeck team.

That brings up two issues, one who to include and leave.

I said I use a Pokedex app on my Android phone.. The only two things I use it for is to check movesets, and more often the Evolution method/level.

I usually look at the sites like Serebii, Veekun and Bulbaedia, when I'm looking to build my team, properly. I've also used MetalKid and Waiting for Seedot mainly for their tools unique to their sites.

I only use the said App when I'm playing where I can't get to my PC. Same goes for the Twitter apps I use. TweetDeck for Windows, and TweetDeck for Android.

Actually I lied about the App. The free version has also the Links to Serebii, Mariland and Bulbaedia..

Ok, Serebii needs Ads or Payment to keep this site going. While Android has Adverts in their apps, the developer wants that, and not to Serebii. Some stuff has trouble selling with prices on it.

I'm going to say not expecting to happen.

I was just thinking about it, when's Serebii going to bring one out. I'd pay money for it because I know Serebii would keep it up to date. There's a PokeDroid app, but it's buggy.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
I'd love for serebii to devolop an app, Mind you,making an app is pretty hard work...

Plusle.

Plusle!
We do not need a app. I can post this message perfectly fine on my Iphone.

Dynamo_Blitzle

Champions League ★
Would love an android app! :D

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
If it relies on internet connection, you mightenswell go to teh website on your phone/whatever :p
I would still like one though but it would take ages and be a pain to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.