• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Event Database - Release Discussion thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
From Serebii.net

For the past few years, we've had a simple event page dotted with basic details about the events of the past. This page had the details for the Pokémon but was rather hard to navigate, and to top that off, we stopped updating it last year. However, for the past couple of weeks, my good friend Dragonite & I have been hard at work on the Serebii.net Event Database. This database contains almost 600 different event entries from around the world making it a vital resource for all of you event collectors. We have a variety of different navigational methods including the ability to check the details of events by Pokémon species and by year. However, despite the amount of events, we may still be missing some so if you see that we're missing any, just let us know.

Discuss

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
I really love just browsing the Event Database out of boredom, so making it more organized is a big plus, because I love seeing just how many event Pokemon there are :D

How fortunate that I have the forum in my address bar, otherwise I'd completely forgot how to get to the forums XD, Is the Site down right now? I keep timing out when I try to access http://www.serebbii.net/index2.shtml

Dragonite

#SPP + #SPP-Wifi SOp
It's nice to see the end result, much better than any other resource on the internet. Good that it'll be updated frequently now, in comparison to the old event page :)

yankeesrule3526

Actually, it is somehow even worse than the old list and definitely not better than any other resource on the internet. Every single page in it has countless errors, some of which are blatantly wrong and not even possible to screw up and yet are.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Actually, it is somehow even worse than the old list and definitely not better than any other resource on the internet. Every single page in it has countless errors, some of which are blatantly wrong and not even possible to screw up and yet are.
Care to give example?

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
I noticed some a re missing Screen shots...I have some of US B/W wondercards and I just took a step-by-step of DW Togekiss. If Serebii is interested in them just tell me where to post 'em (my email is down or I would use that)

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
I noticed many events that were missing, like some of the GTS events. If you want details on anything not listed just ask.

Last edited:

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
o_O nothing special....ouch..LOL You de bosss ;)

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
Also, will Korean Pokemon ever be listed? Initially there were rules against trading them, but ever since I hosted the first NoK's in my shop and the rules were changed, people are comfortably trading them as higher value events.

Lady Ariel

Event Collector
Also, will Korean Pokemon ever be listed? Initially there were rules against trading them, but ever since I hosted the first NoK's in my shop and the rules were changed, people are comfortably trading them as higher value events.

I agree Korean Pokemon events should be listed on the Event Database, since they aren't region locked anymore.

jayred7

Off and On Trainer
I agree with the Korean events as well. Why were they locked in the first place? I have a few and tried trading via GTS a week ago but could not trade it and it said I wasn't allowed

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
Why were they locked in the first place?

The reason they were initially locked was because the only way to get them onto a language of game other than Korean in 4rth gen. and below was through ROM's, which are illegal on this site.
Now, of course, Korean events would be a great addition to the database for those who would like to learn about these events.

Th@t GUY

Event Hunter
The event database is great, its helps me check to see if pokemon are legit!

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Thanks to serebii I've been updated in all the events so far and the only missing event-exclusive pokemon I don't have is deoxys and a celebi
lol kinda ironic due to the fact the whole sites mascot is celebi and is one out of two so far I don't have and that of 200 other pokemon missing from
my pokedex.