• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net HeartGold & SoulSilver Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Posting this now in order for me not to be rushed when the coverage does begin around this time next week.

This thread will be where myself or other members of the staff such as SkittyOnWailord will post our discoveries within the game. Unfortunately, as Coronis has exams, it is unlikely that he will be able to assist this time.

I'll keep you posted on all the discoveries we make, minor and major and I'll be constantly updating this thread and the site (and quite possibly my Twitter, depends if I can be bothered). However, like the past discovery threads, this thread is just for us posting so please use the following discussion thread; http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=416250

I hope you enjoy our complete coverage. With DP & Platinum, we were the fastest and most thorough on the entire Internet and I am not about to let that change.

Enjoy!

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
So, beginning with a big bang, just as I promised. From Serebii.net;

In The Games Department
HeartGold & Soul Silver - World Exclusive Reveal

I am happy to announce that I can exclusively reveal a variety of aspects of Heart Gold & Soul Silver before our coverage begins. Please note, it is possible that the information changes by launch but it is not likely. It's also probable that we don't have complete details on the activations of the main details within this update, so it's best to be cautious. (This corresponds to the legends, starters & misc info) I hope you enjoy this and be sure to come back for our HGSS coverage.

HeartGold & Soul Silver - Legendary Pokémon

I am happy to exclusively reveal to you a list of all the non-WiFi Legendary Pokémon within HeartGold & SoulSilver. There are a few surprises here as well as a few that people have expected so be sure to check it if you are interested. However, it does contain some major spoilers so be sure to check only if you want to know.

HeartGold & Soul Silver - Starter Pokémon

Another of the surprises within the game is in regards to the Starter Pokémon. These surprises are also relatively major and thus are spoilers so again only click and check if you do not mind getting the game spoiled. Click the picture to go to the specific Starter Pokémon Page

In addition to the above details, I also have a few bits of minutia I can reveal.

• First, Pal Park is in this game and is located in Fuchsia City where the Safari Zone was in FireRed & LeafGreen
  • Next, you can trade from Diamond, Pearl & Platinum immediately
  • Snorlax is findable outside Diglett's Cave again at Level 50.
  • Red is findable in Silver Cave again, with a slightly different Pokémon Roster

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
In behalf of Serebii, allow me to put this update.

Chuck's HGSS Team

Primeape Lv. 29 (up two levels)
Poliwrath Lv. 31 (up one level)

Prize: TM01 Focus Punch

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Jasmine's HGSS Team

Magnemite Lv. 30
Magnemite Lv. 30
Steelix Lv. 35

Prize: TM23 Iron Tail

Serebii

Staff member
Admin

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
On the main menu screen you have three options:
- Top option gives you the Game controls
- Middle Option talks about your goal in the game
- Bottom option is to start the game

- Prof. Oak welcomes you at the introduction

New Bark Town
- You have a Wii
- Oh yeah, at the very start you can't change the options
- Went downstairs and talked to mom. She gave me the bag, trainer card, Save, and the Options.
- In the trainer card menu, the top screen shows the Badge Case, then the Trainer Card at the Touch screen. Yes, it's been reversed.
- OMG! You can hear the faintest sound of your footprint while walking and running. And it depends on the surrounding. If grass, you hear your footsteps brushing through it.
- When you head outside you bump into Marill and see Hibiki/Kotone coming out of Prof. Elm's second floor but you don't talk.
- After choosing your Pokémon and upon heading outside, the aide will give you 5 Potions
- I head outside and meet Kotone. Kotone lives on the house directly south of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.