• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net HeartGold & SoulSilver Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Some random trainers that appear in All Star Mode on the Pokéthlon;

Maylene - Lucario, Meditite, Machoke
Jasmine - Steelix, Magneton, Magnemite
Whitney - Miltank, Clefairy, Clefable
Komomo - Espeon, Umbreon, Eevee
Falkner - Swellow, Pidgeot, Staraptor
Hajime - Machamp, Rhydon & Granbull

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Just complying to a request. Here's a list of PokéWalker-exclusive Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokémon.
I sure hope this helps, especially those lazy to look it up...

PokéWalker-Exclusive Pokémon:

300 Skitty (Hoenn Field)
318 Carvahna (Warm Beach)
320 Wailmer (Warm Beach)
349 Feebas (Quiet Cave)
351 Castform (Tree House)
352 Kecleon (Tree House)
361 Snorunt (Cold Mountainpath)

422 Shellos (Rough Sea)
442 Spiritomb (Quiet Cave)
456 Finneon (Rough Sea)
459 Snover (Cold Mountainpath)

For the complete list, browse it here.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
The Johto Safari Zone actually seems to offer more than currently known, and many currently labelled unobtainable Pokemon are actually obtainable. There appears to be further gimmicks that the items you place in each zone work, which could lure out even rarer species to each area.

We still don't fully understand how it works yet, but it involves a 'levelling up' system in each area and their placed items, which has something to do with time. I placed 30 grassland items in the Marsh area, and one day later, I encountered a level 47 Seviper, which is up til now, considered unobtainable in HGSS.

Many more testings are needed, but if this all works out, rare species including the Bagon line, Beldum line, Gible line and Riolu lines are all obtainable in the Safari Zone.

This makes the true unobtainables in HGSS much less, mostly the 4th gen starters, the other legendaries, and several Sinnoh exclusive lines like their own fossils, the Stunky/Glameow lines, Drifloon line and Rotom. Of course, we can't get Leafeon, Glaceon, Probopass and Magnezone as well due to the evolution area. Other than these, all seem to be in.

Coronis~

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I can further confirm this, I just put 30 Forest items in the Desert one and got Vibrava & Cacnea immediately

Seems we need to fill up the areas with a specific kind to get all the Pokémon. Lots of investigation needs to get underway. Will try and work on it for tomorrow

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I've also gone through and painstakingly checked all Headbutt areas etc. and added all Headbutt locations, all Pokémon found in Safari Zone so far and PokéWalker locations to the Pokédex. Previously, this stuff was just in the site's respective sections

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
To clarify, so far the Pokémon unaccounted for in HGSS & PokéWalker (other than starters & legends) are;

Nosepass
Torkoal
Corphish
Crawdaunt
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Bagon
Shelgon
Salamence
Cranidos
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Drifloon
Drifblim
Glameow
Purugly
Stunky
Skuntank
Gible
Gabite
Garchomp
Riolu
Lucario
Rotom

And Magnezone, Leafeon, Glaceon & Probopass for obvious reasons

Will we find them? Who knows

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Whats this, another new discovery?

It appears that after three years with just fan names, HeartGold & SoulSilver has finally given Cherrim's two forms names. The first form is the form Cherrim generally in both inside and outside of battle. This form has been given the name of the Negative Forme (ネガフォルム, literally NegaForme). The second form, the form which people generally associate with Cherrim is the form that appears when Sunny Day has been in affected which features Cherrim open up. This form is called the Positive Forme (ポジフォルム, literally PosiForme). It also shows the "selection" sprite for Cherrim

cherrim.png

Status
Not open for further replies.