• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net ItemDex Discussion Thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Well, the latest project is now up on Serebii.net. This is the ItemDex. It contains details for all the items within the games since Red & Green including effects, locations and pictures

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex

However, I have more than likely missed a few locations so if you have found one we don't have listed, let me know :)

Skirgedot

I knew it. I just knew it.
For what I've seen so far it is excellent. :D

I'll try to find some missing stuff.

Again, just really cool.
Thanks. ;)

SilverMorty

wow it's awesome thanks :)

i didn't even realise things like Big Root programmed as being held by wild Lileep.

maybe a suggestion in the feature, can there be a list of Pokemon with a chance of holding items? Like it shows all the pokemon who have the chance of having hold items so I know which ones I should use Thief on?

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I knew it. I just knew it.
For what I've seen so far it is excellent. :D

I'll try to find some missing stuff.

Again, just really cool.
Thanks. ;)
I had a feeling you'd like it :p

wow it's awesome thanks :)

i didn't even realise things like Big Root programmed as being held by wild Lileep.

maybe a suggestion in the feature, can there be a list of Pokemon with a chance of holding items? Like it shows all the pokemon who have the chance of having hold items so I know which ones I should use Thief on?
Not a bad idea, but that may be more relevant to the respective game sections

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Honestly a tremendously awesome project.
Features I like most are that Pokearth and the Berry Dex are interconnected with the Itemdex, and also the details given on some item pages, such as fossils, mails, and key items, e.g. fame checker.
Something which the community needed to be honest and that everyone will use.
Kudos Joe

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
I just got back from glancing through it, and I love how you used the itemball sprites to show where they were available. It made me giggle a little.

Of course, I had to look at the often overlooked Berry Juice item. Is the thing about it turning into a Rare Candy when held by Shuckle fourth gen only? I've yet to play HGSS, so I wouldn't have known about that. Also... is it found on RockSmash Shuckle, or is that just some of that extraneous data that isn't actually used in the game?

Sorry for being nitpicky, but I really want to know this stuff.

Private Caboose

Enthralled
So I'm guessing that if say, a berry, was obtainable only via an event (being held by a legendary such as the Custap berry is held by the event Regigigas and the Rowap berry is held by the event Arceus), it won't be listed as the location? Arguably though, it's not a location but it's definitely how to obtain it.

-PC

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
You can buy MooMoo Milk in Platinum at the cafe north of Solaceon Town. I don't recall if you can get it in D/P though.

I'm also pretty sure you can buy Lava Cookies in Veilstone Dept. Store in Platinum in the new basement.

Private Caboose

Enthralled
You can buy MooMoo Milk in Platinum at the cafe north of Solaceon Town. I don't recall if you can get it in D/P though.

I'm also pretty sure you can buy Lava Cookies in Veilstone Dept. Store in Platinum in the new basement.

You can get the MooMoo milk in D/P too at the same place.

-PC

Sp00nMan

Black Mage
this is excellent, but would it be possible to add which items can be purchased in the battle frontier? also if possible, TMs? i think that would be very helpful

razor fire

Definitely about time that this was made.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
this is excellent, but would it be possible to add which items can be purchased in the battle frontier? also if possible, TMs? i think that would be very helpful
Items purchasable at the BF are there. TMs, I haven't decided if I'll include them in the whole thing yet

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
So I'm guessing that if say, a berry, was obtainable only via an event (being held by a legendary such as the Custap berry is held by the event Regigigas and the Rowap berry is held by the event Arceus), it won't be listed as the location? Arguably though, it's not a location but it's definitely how to obtain it.

-PC
I've been considering putting event pokemon's hold items in. If I do, then it'll appear, but it'll be a while

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
It's on all wild shuckle in FRLG and HGSS :)

Okay, thanks. (doesn't even remember FINDING wild Shuckle in FR)

Hmm... there's another Pokémon I need for my living Pokédex in Platinum...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The Sport Ball page's In-Depth effect says it was used to obtain Pokemon in the Safari Zone, should be in the Bug-Catching Contest instead ;)

EDIT :
- also, Safari Ball is obtainable in G/S/C? I thought the Safari Zone doesn't even exist? :p
- and what about items being held by in-game trainer's Pokemon?