1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Serebii.net Pokéarth - Release Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by Serebii, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Well the Project is now up and to keep suspense I'm forcing you to go to the site to see it. Enjoy it and if you find any errors, let me know here to I can fix asap

Enjoy

2. Misaki-chi

Misaki-chi loves Rutger

^ was clearly just a ruse to get us to go to the site and not just the forums x)

Anyway, looks good! Good work, and to Erik/Sednananana/Cyn/Riyuyuyu/Skiks/George/Ellie too.

3. Lottie

Lottie Ff Muffin to you...

Love the new feature - well done everyone!

No more getting stuck for me! Wuhahahaha.

4. MCXD

MCXD Sucks at PASBL

Oh my. This is really awesome. Definitely worth the big build up.

5. Blazios

Blazios Well-Known Member

Totally not obvious.

I have to say, I hate the way you've done Orre.

And there's a mistake already. The link to Route 223 is where Route 222 is, and there is no link where Route 223 is.

EDIT: And the Snover image in this page is missing.

EDIT2: And in the same page as the missing Snover image, you've forgotten the Gible quest and put it as a Wild Pokémon instead. Along with Snover, it would seem, but you have still forgotten the Quest.

EDIT3: In this page, there is no Quest 61, you're thinking of 41P, which, as I have said before, is called "Pachirisu's Hide & Seek".

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  6. DoctorOak

DoctorOak Me > Serebii :p

Hey Joe. Was wondering what this big project you were touting was gonna be - and I have to say I'm impressed.

One issue may be that it's theorised the volacanoey island in Almia is a reference to Orre (and thus Orre could be in the wrong place) - but it's not like it's confirmed canon or anything so it doesn't really matter.

Good work - it's nice to see new unique projects springing up in the fandom again - sometimes I feel like I'm all alone in trying to put together anything new. :p

Though I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when it comes to updating this thing the next time a game comes out...

Here's a question though - will you be appending the Mystery Dungeon worlds to this map as well?

And maybe you could do an alternate version for the anime - including all the places unique to the anime - and for each area you could list the events that go on there, the pokemon captured or whatever and maybe links to the relevant episode/movie guides.

Seems like a pretty flexible idea, so it'd be cool to see it expanded.

7. Blue Snover

Blue Snover Cold as ice

Nice job Joe, it looks great.

Also congrats to everyone who helped, i can't wait until the 2nd half is done.

I think World's End was a very fitting title actually, considering what you've come up with.

Keep up the good work.

8. bonecold1

bonecold1 33 & still not dead

Absolutely awesome. Couldn't have wished for anything better. Many thanks Joe and everyone else involved.

9. Serebii

1. Going to go fix now
    2. Fixing now
    3. The Gible Quest is obtained outside in Boyleland

10. WolvesareFunny

WolvesareFunny Lucario hugger!

Pokearth

Wow serebii cool!

11. Serebii

Na, the lore of the Mystery Dungeon games is that they take place in a different world. This project is for main games only....and the Ranger ones as they reference Sinnoh and so forth

12. Blazios

1. I see you've already fixed it.
    2. I've just looked, and none of the partner pictures are there, with their Quests.
    3. So it is. Just noticed that.
    4. See my other edit.

13. WolvesareFunny

What gave you the idea for pokeearth anyway joe?

14. Serebii

For the sake of the database not exploding on me, I had to call it #61 :p

15. firepokemon

firepokemon Fire and Ice

Well done. What I expected, what I long thought it would be. Something I believe the pokemon community needed for a long time. Something anyone would use. And I await as every other website does something similar.

And damn you for being bright and doing it and doing it quickly. My own work on something similar is taking forever.

16. Serebii

It's taken me 4 months fp...hardly quickly :p

17. Blazios

OK then...?

Nothing to do with this project, but at some point, could you possibly update this page with the name of the Pachirisu mission?

And though I didn't say this before, but this is very well done. Though tsome of the Johto pics are a bit low quality, and you need Sinnoh route pics, this looks extremely useful. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  18. firepokemon

firepokemon Fire and Ice

Nah it may have taken you four months but considering how many images it uses I say its quick. I'm still stuck at RBY.

19. WolvesareFunny

Really 4 months?

20. Serebii

Actually no, 3 months.