• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Pokéarth - Release Discussion Thread

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Stop bickering over the damn map. Im gunna start handing out infractions, this is just plain stupid.

Since after all, you know, this thread is about the actual project.
So yeah
This should be useful for EVing and whatnot.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
it's not so much an error, but in the alima region, maybe you could put whether a pokemon will appear only once or will appear every time. it got a little confusing.

Tom Nook

Feel free to browse
Just browsed through PokeEarth and found several errors. This is the right place isn't it?

1) Ponyta is not found in the Mount Ember interiors. Should be Machop instead.

2) Marill is found while surfing on Four Island in LeafGreen, not Wooper.

3) Wooper is found in the Icefall Cave while surfing in FireRed, not Marill.

4) The wild pokemon in the grass at Memorial Pillar is the same as those in the Five Isle Meadow. (Hoppip, Meowth, Persian, Sentret, Pidgey, Pidgeotto and Psyduck/Slowpoke)

5) In Crystal only two Super Nerds can be found at Mt Mortar. One had a Seadra and the other a Slowpoke, both had a HM move each.

6) The Sr. and Jr. on Route 125 have a Swablu, not an Altaria.

If I find anymore errors I'll post them here.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
For Black Belt Davon on D/P Route 228, it says that in the VS Seeker rematch, he has a lvl 90 Hariyama. I haven't played D/P in a while, but I am assuming it should be lvl 59 or lvl 60 maybe?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
One thing that kinda bothers me about Pokearth is how poorly the overworld map is drawn. The only thing that actually looks pleasant is the Sinnoh map, simply because its unedited.
A green square does not mean its a cave, it just means its a place that's not a city that you can fly to.

Here's my version of a D/P styled Kanto I made a long time ago:
~snip image~
There's one mistake in that, and that is that Rock Tunnel and Mt.Moon should have a green mark, just like Sinnoh has green marks at caves you can fly to. To explain it better, in D/P/P you can't fly to any random place like Spear Pillar or Ravaged Path, but you can fly to Pal Park and Victory Road. And in FR/LG you can't fly to Seafoam Islands, but you can fly to Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel. Really, just get a better spriter to do the maps.
Well Rock tunnel and Mt.Moon are green so idk what you're talking about and second not to sound snobby about my work but the way you proportioned the cities on the map is just down right ugly. I slightly messed up the shading in the higher left hand side of johto but I didn't realise at the time how the map would be connected to Orre. You have to realise there were two styles used here not just one. As for the way I shaded the water I was thinking of johto and kanto as a whole and not separately. So thats why it's not neatly in a circle like yours.
As for the seafoam Island deal Joesph wanted me to mark all extra areas regardless of whether you could fly to them or not. So I just followed what he asked me to do.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well congratulations Serebii on a very great project, and I hope that everyone here uses it in good health, as my grandfather used to say. Just a quick question though. Why for the maps in R/B/Y/G/S/C it shows where and what the item it, but in FR/LG/R/S/E/D/P/Pt it tells you what items are there but it doesn't show on the map where they are?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Well congratulations Serebii on a very great project, and I hope that everyone here uses it in good health, as my grandfather used to say. Just a quick question though. Why for the maps in R/B/Y/G/S/C it shows where and what the item it, but in FR/LG/R/S/E/D/P/Pt it tells you what items are there but it doesn't show on the map where they are?
Different extraction methods

pkmnhippy

Banned
One thing that kinda bothers me about Pokearth is how poorly the overworld map is drawn. The only thing that actually looks pleasant is the Sinnoh map, simply because its unedited.
A green square does not mean its a cave, it just means its a place that's not a city that you can fly to.

Here's my version of a D/P styled Kanto I made a long time ago:
testcy7.png

There's one mistake in that, and that is that Rock Tunnel and Mt.Moon should have a green mark, just like Sinnoh has green marks at caves you can fly to. To explain it better, in D/P/P you can't fly to any random place like Spear Pillar or Ravaged Path, but you can fly to Pal Park and Victory Road. And in FR/LG you can't fly to Seafoam Islands, but you can fly to Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel. Really, just get a better spriter to do the maps.

Actually, red means city while the rest is green.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
In Lost Cave, there is a missing trainer. It was a Psychic with maybe three Natu's in the high forties, but I wasn't paying much attention to the pokemon, or the name, so I will try and verify this...... sorry =(

For the Tanoby Ruins, the Super Rod section for LeafGreen is missing 1%, which will most likely be Slowpoke.

In the B1F of [url="http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/icefallcave.shtml]Icefall Cave[/url], Swinub is supposed to be there instead of Piloswine.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
In Emerald's Route 110, Gulpin has only a Minimum level, and not a Maximum level, as all the others do.....

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
In Ruby/Sapphire's Route 110, if I remember correctly, PokéFan Isabel has a Plusle and a Minun, not a Plusle and a Butterfree......

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
There's still a problem with the water routes displaying land, instead of dark blue water, like on Hoenn's map in Gen III.

Pokexplosion

Pokemon Researcher
Personally I love PokeEarth and think that's it is a great addition to the site.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
In Emerald's Battle Frontier, on the main page, under the Ribbon's section, it says you get a "Ribbon Of 50 Consectutive Wins In The Battle Tower" after 50 wins, and then it says that you get a "Ribbon Of 100 Consectutive Wins In The Battle Tower" after 50 wins.

Also under the Battle Shop Far Right section on the same page, Kings Rock is spelt wrong

In Rusturf Tunnel, IIRC the Sapphire Team Aqua Grunt has a Poochyena instead of a Poliwhirl.

And for the same page, it says for the Emerald Team Aqua Grunt that he has a Poochyena if the player picks a Mudkip?

For R/S Route 102, it says Youngster Calvin in a Trainer Eye rematch has a level 0 Linoone.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
For Route 11, the building that leads to the sleeping Snorlax. Upstairs there in LeafGreen, the trade is supposed to be your Nidorina for their Nidorino. In FireRed, you have it correct.

According to the map of Hoenn, Mirage Island is south of Sootopolis, and North-East of Pacifidalog Town, but why isn't the link clickable?

Last edited: