• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Pokéarth - Release Discussion Thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Erm, it is consistant and it was done by an actual spriter. It's perfect in my eyes. The only thing you can rightfully complain about is Sinnoh's positioning, but as stated...that was done for space

flameswy

Lord of Light
umm, i knowest that sinnoh is south of the other lands, shouldent it be north? i mean its coldest point is at the top... did some body already say this? if so sorry...

Chaos Rush

Erm, it is consistant and it was done by an actual spriter. It's perfect in my eyes. The only thing you can rightfully complain about is Sinnoh's positioning, but as stated...that was done for space
Well, to me it looks ugly. I don't care about Sinnoh's positioning, just that:
1. You know every region has the "blue circles" around them? They look just fine in every region except Johto, Kanto, and Sevii Islands. In those 3, they look REALLY sloppy.
2. Johto and Kanto are WAY too small. Especially Johto. If you noticed, in FR/LG they didn't re-use the exisiting R/B Kanto map, they created a new one that matches the size of the GBA screen. Johto and Kanto should be resized to be more proportionate to the DS screen. What really needs it is Johto, because everything looks REALLY squished, since it wasn't even resized from the tiny GBC screen.
3. The "region shadow" on the Sevii Islands looks REALLY sloppily done, and it is inconsistent.
4. A green mark does not mean it's a cave. It's only supposed to be some place that's not a town/city you can fly to. Notice how you can't fly to places such as Seafoam Islands or Whirl Islands. The only green marks Kanto should have is Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel. Johto should only have Mt.Silver and Lake Of Rage.

Here is a D/P consistent Kanto map I made a while ago:
testcy7.png

I'm not trying to show this off or asking you to use it, I'm just saying that the maps shouldn't have flaws. I did things like taking note of how Sinnoh has "double routes" which I included, and Kanto is proportionately re-sized to match the DS screen rather than the tiny GBA screen. And yes, the map I posted does have one flaw: there should be a green mark at Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel, since those are places you can fly to that aren't cities.

I don't mean to sound like I'm being offensive or anything, I just can't stand something as brilliant and useful as the Serebii site having some poor mapping to pass off as "official".

Last edited:
I'm back. This time I collected the errors I found while playing through all of Emerald (which means I may repeat myself). I thought I could attach a text file to my post, but failing that spoiler tags will do...at least I can add links now. Beware: this is long.

I played all the way through Emerald while consulting Pokearth in order to verify the Hoenn-Emerald data. Therefore, unless otherwise mentioned, corrections or additions are meant to apply to the Emerald section of Pokearth Hoenn. Also, I started with Treecko, so those are the only Rival battles I've verified so far.

There are a small number of things I've yet to verify, the most noteworthy being Rematches. Whenever I might get around to one or more of these things, I'll let you know if I find anything to correct or add. I also don't claim that I've gotten everything right.

I don't expect that all of my suggestions will be heeded. Feel free to ignore those suggestions you don't care about (such as "Gym Leader" vs "Leader", I'm sure); such suggestions are likely born of the perfectionist in me.

For the most part, I've organized everything by area (Route, City, etc.), more or less in the order I encountered them. To start with, though, there are a few issues that apply to a number of areas (or to Pokearth in general), or which are otherwise comments on why I've made certain suggestions later on.

GENERIC
1) Can an exit (North/South/East/West) have more than one entry? "Contains" can (e.g., Route 115 "contains" Meteor Falls and Terra Cave). Terra Cave, Marine Cave, Route 111, and SS Tidal list exits in directions where there aren't actually any. For SS Tidal, the exits at least approximate the relative location of the destination (Lilycove is East, Slateport West, BF South), but the others have far less rhyme or reason.
2) The water routes with dive spots have an Underwater section, but there's no anchor-link to it (like the floors in Sky Pillar have links, for example).
3) The Hex Maniac sprite seems to be missing her pupils; in-game, you can clearly see them.
4) The female Psychic sprite should have her arms spread (though for all I know, this could just be Emerald).
5) The Ruby and Emerald listings for Registeel (Route 120) and Regice (Route 105), and the Battle Frontier's Sudowoodo, say "-%", but the other Regi listings and Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza do not.
6) IMO, if you're going to give furniture/decoration listings in the Battle Frontier and at the Department Store, then you should give them everywhere (e.g., Trick House 8, Ash Shop (wrong route, but we'll get to that)). In the same vein, mails you can buy are shown, but mails in the Trick House were overlooked.
7) In battle, at least, Gym Leaders are called "Leader [Name]"; when they register in the PokeNav, though, it says "Gym Leader [Name]".
8) "Interviewers Gabby & Ty" (from Pokearth) are called "Interviewer Gabby & Ty" in-game. Also, their last 3 rematches are listed only under Route 111, but some of those should (also) be on Route 118 or Route 120. I'll make this more clear under those sections.
9) Pokearth says "Picknicker", but in-game it's "Picnicker" (at least: Routes 110/111/112/113/114, Jagged Pass, Fortree City).

POKEARTH HOENN

----------------------
Littleroot Town
MISSING
>Your Rival gives you 5 poke balls after you get the Pokedex.

----------------------
Route 103
ERRORS
>Aroma Lady Daisy leads with her Shroomish.
>Twins Amy & Liv's Minun is level 15, not 5.
>>Also, some of Amy & Liv's rematches are probably wrong, especially the last.

----------------------
Route 102
ERRORS
>Youngster Allen's Zigzagoon is level 4, not 5.

----------------------
Petalburg City
MISSING
>Rare Candy found by Itemfinder.
>In the Gym: CoolTrainer George, with his level 26 Slakoth.
>In the Gym, TM42 gift from Norman.
ERROR
>TM46 is not in Petalburg. This was probably meant to be TM42, from the gym.

----------------------
Route 104
MISSING
>Pecha Berry Tree in the south half of the route.
>The youngest sister in the Flower Shop gives a random berry daily:
>>Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, Oran, or Persim.
ERRORS
>Twins Gia & Mia are "Gina" & Mia.
>Fisherman Ivan's first Magikarp is level 5, not 6.
UNSURE
>I didn't find Dire Hit.
SUGGESTION
(Here and further, there are some items that don't say who they're from; if I could identify them easily or clearly enough, I made the suggestion.)
>The Chesto Berry is from the Old Woman (a.k.a. Expert).

----------------------
Petalburg Woods
MISSING
>X Attack found on the Floor.
ERRORS
>Miracle Seed is not found on the Floor; it's a gift from a Woman.
>"Poke" Ball (found on Floor) is actually a Great Ball.
SUGGESTION
>The Great Ball gift says "from Man", but more accurately it would be "from Devon Researcher".

----------------------
Rustboro City
MISSING
>The key item Letter is a gift from the Devon President.
ERRORS
>X Defend is not a gift, it is found on the Floor.
>In the Rival battles, the "If [x] chosen" icons (like this or this) are wrong, suggesting that your Rival chose the same pokemon you did. They are essentially offset, with the last battle missing such an icon; the intended first icon may have ended up on the Team Aqua Grunt's battle in Rusturf Tunnel.
>Lileep and Anorith (the gift pokemon) are level 20, not 30. (I believe the same goes for RuSa.)
>There's no Awakening in the Poke Mart.
>In the Gym, Roxanne has two level 12 Geodudes.
SUGGESTIONS
>HM01 is from the Cutter.
>Great Ball is from the Devon Researcher.
>Premier Ball is from a boy in the Devon Apartments (second floor).
>Exp. Share is from the Devon President.
>Quick Claw is from the Trainer's School Teacher.

----------------------
Route 116
SUGGESTION
>Repeat Ball says "from Devon Employee", but if he's the same guy we saw in the Woods (as I assume), it might more accurately be "from Devon Researcher".

----------------------
Rusturf Tunnel
ERROR
>The Team Aqua Grunt's battle has the "If Mudkip chosen" icon; this may belong in the Rustboro Rival battles.
SUGGESTION
>HM04 is from Wanda's boyfriend, the Black Belt.
>The Devon Goods are from the Team Aqua Grunt.

----------------------
Dewford Town
MISSING
>TM36 is a gift from a (Poke/Bug)Maniac in the Dewford Hall.

----------------------
Granite Cave
MISSING
On 1F...
>HM05 is a gift from the Hiker by the entrance.
>Escape Rope found on the Floor.
On 1F-2...
>TM47 is a gift from Steven.
On B1F...
>Poke Ball found on the Floor.
On B2F...
>Repel and Rare Candy found on the Floor.
>Two Everstones found by Itemfinder (one you have to use the Mach Bike to reach).

----------------------
Route 107
ERROR
>Triathlete Camron is male.

----------------------
Route 108
MISSING
>Star Piece found on the Floor.
ERRORS
>CoolTrainer Carolina's Manectrics are both level 24 (the last being lv7).
>Sailor Cory's Tentacool is level 24, not 244.

----------------------
Abandoned Ship
MAPS
The Abandoned Ship has way too many maps as near as I can tell. Though I could count 7 maps (if you split separate quarters), there are still internal inconsistencies such as no Room3 nor B1FRoom1, and 2 rooms for B2F though there's only one set of quarters.
I've abandoned the part of Pokearth's structure which is missing maps and used my own hopefully unambiguous (if exhaustive) notations.
Also, besides the maps and native pokemon, no trainers or items are listed for this area, so everything below is to be added.
HALL 1F
>In the left hall, Tuber Charlie has a level 26 Marill.
LEFT QUARTERS (2 rooms)
NORTH ROOM
>Revive found on the Floor.
>Ruin Maniac Garrison has a level 26 Sandslash.
>Tuber Jani has a level 26 Marill.​
SOUTH ROOM
>Young Couple Kira & Dan have a level 25 Volbeat and a level 25 Illumise; they also register in the PokeNav.​
RIGHT QUARTERS (4 rooms)
NW ROOM
>Harbor Mail found on the Floor.​
SE ROOM
>Youngster Demetrius has a level 25 Zigzagoon and a level 25 Electrike.
>Beauty Thalia has a level 25 Wailmer and a level 25 Horsea; she also registers in the PokeNav.​
HALL B1F
>Sailor Duncan has a level 25 Spheal and a level 25 Machoke.
NE QUARTERS (a.k.a. Storage Room)
>TM13 found on the Floor.​
NW QUARTERS (2 rooms)
EAST ROOM
>Dive Ball found on the Floor.​
SOUTH QUARTERS (3 rooms)
WEST ROOM
>Escape Rope found on the Floor.​
2F ROOM (no current map or section; the room with Capt Stern's Researcher)
>Storage Key found on the Floor.
HALL B2F
QUARTERS
ROOM1 (SW)
>TM18 found on the Floor.
>Rm. 4 Key found by Itemfinder.​
ROOM2 (Smid)
>Scanner found on the Floor.​
ROOM3 (SE)
>Water Stone found on the Floor.
>Rm. 1 Key found by Itemfinder.​
ROOM4 (NW)
>Rm. 6 Key found by Itemfinder.​
ROOM5 (Nmid)
>Rm. 2 Key found by Itemfinder.​
ROOM6 (NE)
>Luxury Ball found on the Floor.​

----------------------
Route 109
MISSING
>Potion found on the Floor.
>Revive found by Itemfinder.
>Soda Pop x6 is a gift from the Seashore House's owner/proprietor/to-be-salesman.
ERRORS
>Under the Shop section, it's "Seashore House" (in-game), not "Seaside Hout".
>Sailor Dwayne has a Tentacool (still lv11), not Ivysaur.
>Fisherman Carter's Tentacruel is level 25, not 5.
SUGGESTION
>The Soft Sand gift should more accuractely be from a Tuber (Girl), not a Youngster.

----------------------
Slateport City
MISSING
>The prize (gift?) for beating (3 straight matches in) the Battle Tent is a Full Heal.
>The Fan Club President will give several scarves (for each Contest stat) as gifts.
>Market for the Powder Jar woman.
>>Energypowder = 50
>>Energy Root = 80
>>Heal Powder = 50
>>Revival Herb = 300
>>Protein = 1000
>>Iron = 1000
>>Carbos = 1000
>>Calcium = 1000
>>Zinc = 1000
>>HP Up = 1000
>>PP Up = 3000
>Museum map is missing.
ERRORS
>TM46 is not on the city Floor, it's a gift from a Team Aqua Grunt in the Museum.
>In Market 1...
>>"[Letter] Mat" is "[Letter] Note Mat" in-game.
>>"C Sharp Mat" is "C High Note Mat" in-game, and it costs 500, not 50.
>The Effort Ribbon mistakenly appears after the last Trainer in the Museum.
>DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale are not given in the Museum, they're given in the Slateport Harbor.
SUGGESTIONS
>TM41 you might say is from the Sailor "in the Battle Tent".
>Soothe Bell is from Fan Club woman.

----------------------
Route 110
MISSING
>Red Tent or Blue Tent is a gift for beating Trick House 8.
>Dire Hit, Elixir, and Rare Candy found on the Floor.
>Nanab Berry Trees (3 plots).
>In Cycling Road, Psychic Jaclyn has a level 16 Abra (like RuSa listing).
>In Trick House...
1: Orange Mail found on the Floor.
2: Wave Mail and Harbor Mail found on the Floor.
3: Wood Mail and Shadow Mail found on the Floor.
4: Mech Mail found on the Floor.
6: Glitter Mail found on the Floor.
7: Tropic Mail found on the Floor.
8: Bead Mail found on the Floor.
ERRORS
>Rival when Treecko is your starter leads with Wingull (still lv18), not Wailmer.
>All of the Trick House maps (Emerald) are wrong.
>Psychic Mariella in Trick House 7 is Psychic "Mariela" in-game.
SUGGESTION
>Given that each Gym's TM gift is listed under the Gym, methinks Trick House gifts should be listed under each Trick House.
>Itemfinder is a gift "from Rival".

----------------------
Mauville City
MISSING
>Treecko Doll is a gift from a woman in the Game Corner.
>20 coins are a gift from a man in the Game Corner.
>The Trader will trade decorations (supposedly...hell if I know which ones, though).
ERROR
>There is no Potion, Escape Rope, or Repel in the Poke Mart.
>I didn't find a TM32 gift. Considering it's also a Game Corner prize, this gift might be an error.
SUGGESTIONS
>Acro Bike and Mach Bike are from Rydel.
>BasementKey is from Warren; also, it's "Basement Key" in-game.
>TM24 is from Wattson (after shutting down New Mauville).
>I'd like to see the Exchange Counter listed with the Game Corner shops.

----------------------
New Mauville
MISSING
>Escape Rope, Parlyz Heal, Full Heal, Thunderstone, and Ultra Ball found on the Floor.
>Three level 25 Voltorbs are disguised as poke balls...Interact Pokemon?

----------------------
Route 117
ERROR
>Triathlete Melina's pokemon is a Doduo, not a Farfetch'd.

----------------------
Verdanturf Town
MISSING
>TM45 is a gift from a woman in the Battle Tent.
ERRORS
>The Contest Pass is a gift in Lilycove, not Verdanturf.
>The Metronome move tutor is in Fallarbor, not Verdanturf.

----------------------
Route 118
ERRORS
>Fisherman Barny's Carvanha is level 25, not 5.
>Interviewer Gabby & Ty only have one listing; they should have two rematches (Magneton and Loudred, both level 36; and Magneton and Exploud, both level 39) on Route 118, both of which matches are listed on Route 111.

----------------------
Route 111
MISSING
>Razz Berry Trees (2 plots).
>In Desert, Stardust found by Itemfinder.
>The Winstrate House map is missing.
ERRORS
>In-game, there are three western exits (two to Route 112 and one to Route 113), but in Pokearth Route 113 is given as the eastern exit (which exit doesn't exist in-game).
>Interviewer Gabby & Ty have three rematches listed (4 matches total), but they should only have two: they don't have a match with their pokemon at level 36 on Route 111.
>The Macho Brace is not found on the Floor; it's a gift from Winstrate Victoria (mother), given in the Winstrate House (so it should be under that section).
>Regirock is listed under the main Route, but since there's a Desert section, he should be there.
>The Desert section shouldn't have a map (it's part of the route).
>The Winstrate family members are called "Winstrate", not PokeFan/Lass/Expert.
UNSURE
>I didn't find Bluk, Nanab, Wepear, or Pinap Trees.
SUGGESTION
>The Razz Berry gift is from Daily Berry (a la Route 114's "Daily Berry").

----------------------
Trainer Hill
MISSING
>Shop
(before E4)
>>Super Potion = 700
>>Antidote = 100
>>Parlyz Heal = 200
>>Awakening = 250
(after E4)
>>Hyper Potion = 1200
>>Max Potion = 2500
>>Full Restore = 3000
>>Full Heal = 600
>>Revive = 1500
(before & after E4)
>>X Speed = 350
>>X Special = 350
>>X Attack = 500
>>X Defend = 550
>>Dire Hit = 650
>>Guard Spec. = 700
>>X Accuracy = 950
>Great Ball is the prize for beating Normal, Variety, Unique, or Expert Tag Match.
*I didn't write down the trainers, but if you want to know them, I can go back through it (sooner or later)...or you could look it up in a FAQ, or ask someone else.

----------------------
Mirage Tower
MISSING
>On 4F, Claw Fossil and Root Fossil found on the Floor.

----------------------
Route 112
ERROR
>Ash Shop belongs on Route 113, not here (RuSa & Em).

----------------------
Route 113
MISSING
>Super Repel, Max Ether, and Hyper Potion found on the Floor.
>Last two items in the Ash Shop:
>>Pretty Chair = 6000
>>Pretty Desk = 8000
ERROR
>The White Flute costs 1000, not 100.
SUGGESTIONS
>In-game, the order of the flutes in the ash shop is Blue/Yellow/Red/White/Black.
>The last glass item says "Ash Steps", but the rest of the items say "AshSteps" (RuSa & Em).

----------------------
Fallarbor Town
MISSING
>The Metronome Move Tutor is in the Pokemon Center. (This MT was mistakenly in Verdanturf.)
ERROR
>The town is "Fallarbor", not "Fallabor" (Pokearth).

----------------------
Route 114
MISSING

>Energypowder and Rare Candy found on the Floor.
>Lotad Doll is a gift from Lanette.
SUGGESTIONS
>TM05 is from a Gentleman.
>TM28 is from the Fossil Maniac's little brother.

----------------------
Meteor Falls
MISSING
>In 1F-1, Full Heal, TM23, and PP Up found on the Floor.
>In B1F-2, TM02 found on the Floor.
>B1F-1 map is missing.
ERROR
>I was unable to find a Dragon Fang on the Floor in B1F-2, but considering it can also be stolen from the Dragon Tamer in 1F-2, this (item in B1F-2) is probably an error.
>Does the RuSa section even have a 1F-3? (Its map is missing.)

----------------------
Mt. Chimney
MISSING
>A few trainers listed in Jagged Pass actually appear on Mt. Chimney after Team Magma leaves.
>>Beauty Shirley, Beauty Sheila, Beauty Melissa, Expert Shelby, and Hiker Sawyer
ERROR
>The second Team Magma Grunt (with Numel) is female.

----------------------
Jagged Pass
MISSING
>Burn Heal found on the Floor.
ERROR
>Beauty Shirley, Beauty Sheila, Beauty Melissa, Expert Shelby, and Hiker Sawyer belong on Mt. Chimney, not here.

----------------------
Route 123
ERRORS
>The "Poke" Ball found on the Floor is an Ultra Ball.
>The Berry Master's Wife cannot give an Occa Berry, since it is a 4th gen berry.
>Collector Ed's Seviper is level 30, not 32.
>Expert Fredrick leads with his Makuhita.
UNSURE
>I may or may not have found the Rare Candy on the Floor...

----------------------
Route 119
MISSING
>Hyper Potion, Elixir, and Nugget found on the Floor.
>There's an invisible level 30 Kecleon that can be interacted with.
ERRORS
>Bird Keeper Hugh's lead is Wingull (still lv25), not Swellow.
>At the Weather Institute...
>>The first Team Aqua Grunt is female, and her Carvanha is level 28, not 27.
>>The fourth Team Aqua Grunt is female.

----------------------
Fortree City
SUGGESTION
>The traded Plusle ("Pluses") is holding Wood Mail.

----------------------
Route 120
MISSING
>Daily Berry gift depends on the last digit of your Trainer ID:
>>0, 5: Figy; 1, 6: Wiki; 2, 7: Mago; 3, 8: Aguav; 4, 9: Iapapa.
>There are four invisible level 30 Kecleons that you can interact with (including the one Steven shows you).
ERRORS
>Parasol Lady Clarissa's Wailmer is level 28, not 25.
>Ninja Boy Riley's lead is a Nincada, not a Ninjask.
>Battle Girl Callie's Makuhita is level 28, not 29.
>Interviewer Gabby & Ty only have one listing; they should have one rematch (Magneton and Exploud, both level 39) on Route 120, which match is listed on Route 111.

----------------------
Route 121
ERRORS
>Hex Maniac Tammy's pokemon are level 29, not 28.
>Sr. and Jr. Kate & Joy's Slaking is level 32, not 30.

----------------------
Safari Zone
MISSING
>In the North East area, Calcium found on the Floor.
>In the North West area, TM22 found on the Floor.
>In the South West area, Max Revive found on the Floor.
>In the Extension North area...
>>Nugget found on the Floor.
>>Zinc and Rare Candy found by Itemfinder.
>In the Extension South area...
>>Big Pearl found on the Floor.
>>PP Up and Full Restore found by Itemfinder.

----------------------
Mt. Pyre
ERRORS
>The third Team Aqua Grunt has a Carvanha (lv30) instead of Wailmer.
>The fourth Team Aqua Grunt is female.
>Max Ether and Ultra Ball are found by Itemfinder in Outside; these were probably mistakenly attributed to the Summit (in any case I found no Max Ether/Ultra Ball at the Summit).
>Cleanse Tag is not found on the Floor at the Summit; it is a gift from the Old Woman on 1F.
>Magma Emblem is not found on the Floor at the Summit; it is a gift from the Old Woman at the Summit.
UNSURE
>I didn't find any Ultra Ball by Itemfinder at the Summit (there's supposed to be 2).

----------------------
Lilycove City
MISSING
>Max Repel found on the Floor.
>A gentleman gives one of the following berries daily:
>>Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, Oran, Persim, Lum, Sitrus.
>PokeBlock Case is a gift from the Contest Hall Receptionist.
>TM44 is a gift from the dozing Man.
>The lottery prizes should be listed (I'm sure someone knows them...there's FAQs at least).
>Also, (in PokeCenter) Favor Lady and Quiz Lady prizes (refer to Bulbapedia).
ERRORS
>Occa Berry can't be given as a gift because it's a 4th gen berry.
>In Department Store shop 5F-3, Pika Poster costs 1500, not 1000.
>In Department Store shop 5F-4, the "Spin Matt" item is "Spin Mat" in-game.
SUGGESTION
>The order of the items in-game for Department Store shop 3F-1 is Protein/Calcium/Iron/Zinc/Carbos/HP Up.

----------------------
Magma Hideout
MISSING
>In Room1, Rare Candy found on the Floor.
>In Room3, Full Restore and Max Elixir found on the Floor.
>In Room4, Nugget found on the Floor.
>In Room5, PP Max found on the Floor.
>In Room6, Max Revive found on the Floor.
>In Room7, Escape Rope found on the Floor.
ERRORS
>In Room2, the second Team Magma Grunt is female.
>In Room3, the first Team Magma Grunt is female.
>In Room5, the first and third Team Magma Grunts are misplaced; the first belongs in Room1, the third belongs in Room4 and is female.

----------------------
Aqua Hideout
MISSING
>On 2F, Max Elixir, Master Ball, and Nugget found on the Floor.
>On 2F, there are two level 30 Electrodes disguised as poke balls that you can interact with.
>On 3F, Nest Ball found on the Floor.
ERRORS
>On 2F, the first and third Team Aqua Grunts are female.
>On 2F, the fourth, fifth, and sixth Team Aqua Grunts are misplaced; they belong on 3F.
>>Also, the fifth Grunt has a Carvanha, not Zubat; and the sixth Grunt is female.
>On 3F, Aqua Admin Matt leads with Mightyena.

----------------------
Route 124
MISSING
>Blue Shard, Red Shard, and Yellow Shard found on the Floor.
>In Underwater, Green Shard, Carbos, Heart Scale, Calcium, Heart Scale, Big Pearl, and Pearl found by Itemfinder.

----------------------
Mossdeep City
MISSING
>Net Ball found on the Floor.
>Sun Stone is a gift from the Sailor in the Space Center.
>In the Space Center, there's another Team Magma Grunt with a level 32 Baltoy right before Magma Admin Tabitha.
ERROR
>In the Space Center, the first Team Magma Grunt is female.
SUGGESTION
>It's "Space Center" in-game, not "Space Centre".

----------------------
Route 125
MISSING
>Swimmer Stan has a level 34 Horsea.

----------------------
Shoal Cave
MISSING
>In HT-R1, Big Pearl found on the Floor.
>In HT-R2, Rare Candy found on the Floor.
>In LT-B1F, Ice Heal found on the Floor.
>In LT-B2F, Focus Band is a gift from the Black Belt.
ERRORS
>The Shoal Shells in HT-R1 all belong in HT-R2.
>The Shoal Salts in LT-R1 are misplaced: 2 belong in LT-R2, 1 in LT-B1F, 1 in LT-B2F.
UNSURE
>I didn't find a Hyper Potion in LT-R1 (or anywhere else in Shoal Cave).

----------------------
Route 126
MISSING
>Green Shard found on the Floor.
>Swimmer Dean (same lineup as in the RuSa section, but his pokemon are level 31).
>Swimmer Brenda (also same as RuSa section, but Goldeen is level 34).
>In Underwater, Ultra Ball, Stardust, Big Pearl, Heart Scale, Blue Shard, Yellow Shard, Pearl, and Iron found by Itemfinder.
ERROR
>Triathlete Pablo has the wrong sprite.

----------------------
Sootopolis City
MISSING
>Wailmer Doll is a gift from a woman in the house east of the PokeCenter.
>Kiri gives two of the following berries daily:
>>Figy, Iapapa, Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, Tamato, Cornn, Magost, Rabuta, Nomel.
UNSURE
>I didn't find an Ether.
SUGGESTIONS
>Elixir is from the Fisherman or Hiker for showing a large Lotad or Seedot.
>In the Gym, Lady Briana is Lady "Brianna" in-game.
>In the Gym, for the TM03 gift, both the RuSa and Em sections currently say "from Wallace/Juan"; can't they be separated for each section?

----------------------
Route 127
MISSING
>In Underwater, HP Up, Red Shard, Heart Scale, and Star Piece found by Itemfinder.
ERRORS
>Bird Keeper Aiden is "Aidan" in-game, and has a second pokemon (a level 32 Skarmory).
>Fisherman Henry has a Carvanha (not Sharpedo, but still lv31) which he leads with.
>Triathlete Donny is female.

----------------------
Route 128
MISSING
>In Underwater, Zinc and Pearl found by Itemfinder.
ERROR
>Triathlete Isaiah has the wrong sprite.

----------------------
Seafloor Cavern
MISSING
>In Room10, TM26 found on the Floor.
>Room9 map is missing; I only count 9 rooms anyway (excluding the entrances), not 10.
ERRORS
>In Room1, the first Team Aqua Grunt's Poochyena is level 36, not 32.
>In Room4, the second Team Aqua Grunt is female.

----------------------
Route 129
ERRORS
>Triathlete Chase has the wrong sprite.
>Triathlete Allison has the wrong sprite.

----------------------
Route 131
ERROR
>Triathlete Taila has the wrong sprite.

----------------------
Pacifidlog Town
SUGGESTION
>TM21 is from the Gentleman (like TM27 says).

----------------------
Route 132
MISSING
>Protein found on the Floor.
ERRORS
>Swimmer Linda belongs on Route 133, not here.
>Expert Paxton's pokemon are level 33, not 34.
>CoolTrainer Darcy is female.

----------------------
Route 133
MISSING
>Swimmer Linda (Horsea & Seadra at level 33) from Route 132 belongs here.

----------------------
Route 134
MISSING
>Sailor Hudson has a level 34 Wailmer.
ERRORS
>CoolTrainer Marley is female.
>Swimmer Laurel is female.
>Swimmer Jack's Gyarados is level 34, not 33.

----------------------
Victory Road
MISSING
>On 1F, Max Elixir and PP Up found on the Floor.
>On B2F, Full Heal found on the Floor.
ERRORS
>On 1F, "Poke" Ball found by Itemfinder is actually Ultra Ball.
>On B1F, I didn't find Full Heal, Max Elixir, and PP Up on the Floor; they were probably meant for B2F, 1F, and 1F, respectively (which was mentioned above).
>CoolTrainer Michelle, CoolTrainer Mitchell, and CoolTrainer Halle from B2F belong on B1F.
>On B2F, "Max" Elixir found by Itemfinder is actually just Elixir.
>On B2F, CoolTrainer Vito has Dodrio and Electrode, not Doduo and Voltorb.
SUGGESTION
>On B2F, CoolTrainer Diane is "Dianne" in-game.

----------------------
Ever Grande City
ERRORS
>Champ Ribbon is mistakenly displayed under Super Rod pokemon.
>At the shop, Full Restore costs 3000, not 300.
>Pokemon League section is missing map.
>Elite Four Sidney's Mightyena is level 46, not 42.
SUGGESTION
>In-game, it's called "Ever Grande" City, not Evergrande.

----------------------
SS Tidal
ERROR
>In Basement, Leftovers is listed twice, but it's only found by Itemfinder (not on the Floor).
SUGGESTION
>In Cabins, Young Couple Lea & Jad are Lea & "Jed" in-game.

----------------------
Battle Frontier
MISSING
>Poke Mart
>>Ultra Ball = 1200
>>Hyper Potion = 1200
>>Max Potion = 2500
>>Full Restore = 3000
>>Full Heal = 600
>>Revive = 1500
>>Max Repel = 700
>>Protein = 9800
>>Calcium = 9800
>>Iron = 9800
>>Zinc = 9800
>>Carbos = 9800
>>HP Up = 9800
ERROR
>Under Move Tutors, Mega Kick costs 48BP, not 24.
SUGGESTIONS
>Between Move Tutors and the Shops, BP is abbreviated inconsistently ("B.P" or "B.P."; in-game it's just "BP").
>Scott gives you 3BP (gift?).
>Under Move Tutors...
>>Mega Punch comes before Mega Kick;
>>Fire Punch comes after Ice Punch and Thunderpunch.
>For "Battle Shop - Right", the order of the items is Protein/Calcium/Iron/Zinc/Carbos/HP Up.

----------------------
Artisan Cave
MISSING
>On 1F, Carbos found on the Floor.
>On B1F, Calcium found on the Floor.
>On B1F, HP Up found by Itemfinder.
ERROR
>I found no Carbos by Itemfinder on B1F (it was probably misplaced/mislabeled from 1F, above).

----------------------
Southern Island
ERROR
>Lati@s is lv50, not 40. (I believe this should be the same for RuSa.)

----------------------
Marine Cave
ERROR
>N/S/E/W exits are listed, but there's really only one exit.

----------------------
Terra Cave
ERROR
>N/S/E/W exits are listed, but there's really only one exit.
There's also a few things I found through some more free-form exploration.

STYLE
>Hoenn pages have a Ruby/Sapphire section header and an Emerald section header. Kanto pages have # Gen section headers and Yellow/Crystal headers, but no R/B or G/S section headers. Therefore, anchor links to R/B and G/S are broken. Sinnoh pages have a Platinum section header, but no D/P section header (and, again, no anchor).
>Headers like Pokemon/Trainers/Items have a font size of 4. The Kanto, Johto, and Emerald section headers have a font size of 5, but the Ruby/Sapphire, Platinum, Colosseum, and XD headers are only size 4.
>On some pages (e.g., Ever Grande City, Saffron City), pipes ("|") appear before and after map links (like Gym or 1F/B1F/B2F); on others (e.g., Sky Pillar, Mt. Battle), there's no pipe before the first link.

POKEARTH MAP
Kanto
>There is a (broken) link to titleeringcave.shtml on Six Island, behind the link area to Outcast Island. This should perhaps be alteringcave.shtml, but even so at present the link is unclickable (since it's behind Outcast Island).
Hoenn
>Rustboro and Mauville have a redundant link area (a square at the corner inside a larger square). This also contrasts the pattern for cities like Eterna and Pewter, which use two overlapping (but not quite redundant) rectangular link areas.
>The Route 109 link area is short: it only covers the middle of the route.
>In-game, Southern Island is directly south of Fortree, not south of Ever Grande.
Fiore
>The Ringtown link area seems too tall (I've never played the original Ranger, so I don't know for sure, but it extends down into the sea).

=================================

ALMIA

>"Veintown" and "Vein Forest" are Vientown and Vien Forest.
>The Rain Dance icon (in Vien Forest) is missing.

It seems that Almia doesn't list any of the Team Dim Sun battles. Why not?

=================================

KANTO

>"Seavault Canyon" is Sevault Canyon in-game.

----------------------
Indigo Plateau
>3rd Gen maps are missing

I plan on running through XD again, so I'll hold a couple of things I've got for Orre until then.

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
3) The Hex Maniac sprite seems to be missing her pupils; in-game, you can clearly see them.
4) The female Psychic sprite should have her arms spread (though for all I know, this could just be Emerald).

These sprites aren't "incorrect". Those are JAPANESE sprites, changed by NoA.

Four sprites were edited for the American versions: Hex Maniac, Female Psychic, Male Cooltrainer and Sailor.

Sailor's hands were edited because the gesture he was making is considered as offensive in the west. The Hex Maniac has been drawn pupils because lack of pupils is considered as satanic here.

However, I have NO idea why Female Psychic's Hands and Male Cooltrainer's Hair have been changed. Probably some NoA worker didn't like them, so he used his spriting skills and changed them for no good reason.

Interesting, isn't it?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
In Diamond/Pearl's Seabreak Path, the pictures aren't working when I load the page, and I refreshed/reloaded the page a few times.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Some of the trainers that you have in Jubilife City, like Picnicker Diana and Camper Curtis, are supposed to be in Oreburgh Gate, and Worker Colin and Worker Mason are supposed to be in Oreburgh Mine, instead of Veteran Grant.

The picture of Platinum's Eterna City Gym don't show up, and I refreshed the page a few times.

For R/B/Y's Route 22, the pictures with the character you play as in R/B/Y aren't coming up, that show what Rival's team would be based on the starter you pick. I refreshed page a few times, but nothing came up.

For G/S/C's Viridian City, it says that you need to Surf to reach the man that gives you TM42 Dream Eater, but you really only need Cut.

Why is there a separate page for the Pokemon Tower, when the Pokemon Tower is in Lavender Town?

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
This is all for the US Red and Blue. And perhaps Yellow.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route1.shtml#rbb

R/B: Pidgey and Rattata have an even 50/50 chance of appearing. You have 55/45.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route2.shtml

R/B: The percentages for Rattata and Pidgey are mixed up. Same with levels. Pidgey appears 45% of the time, with levels ranging from 3-5, whereas Rattata appears 40% of the time, with levels ranging from 2-5.

Yellow: Pidgey and Rattata both appear 35% of the time.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/viridianforest.shtml

Red: Weedle is 45%, Kakuna is 40%.

Blue: Caterpie is 45%, Metapod is 45%.

Yellow: Caterpie is 50%, Metapod is 25%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route3.shtml

R/B:Spearow and Pidgey are both 45%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/mt.moon.shtml#rbb

R/B, B2F- Zubat is 49%, Geodude is 30%.

Yellow, B2F- Zubat is 55%, Geodude is 20%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route4.shtml

R/B: Spearow is 35%, Rattata is 40%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route24.shtml

Red: Weedle is 20%. Same with Kakuna.

Blue: Caterpie is 20%. Same with Matapod.

Yellow: Both Oddish and Bellsprout are 30%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route25.shtml

Red: Weedle and Kakuna are both 20%.

Blue: Caterpie and Metapod are both 20%.

Yellow: Oddish and Bellsprout are both 30%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route5.shtml

Red: Pidgey is 40%, Oddish is 35%.

Blue: Pidgey is 40%, Bellsprout is 35%.

Yellow: Rattata is 30%, Pidgey is 40%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route6.shtml

Red: Pidgey is 40%, Oddish is 35%.

Blue: Pidgey is 40%, Bellsprout is 35%.

Yellow: Rattata is 30%, Pidgey is 40%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route11.shtml

Red: Spearow is 35%, Ekans is 40%.

Blue: Spearow is 35%, Sandshrew is 40%.

Yellow: Pidgey is 35%, Rattata is 30%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route9.shtml

R/B: Rattata is 20%, Spearow is 35%, and poor Voltorb, who you completely forgot, is 20%.

Yellow: The Nidorans are only 30%. The way it is now, your chart adds up to 110%.

G/S/C: Why does Sydney have a Level 92 Onix?

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/rocktunnel.shtml

Yellow, 1F: Zubat is 50%, Geodude is 40%.

Yellow, B1F: Zubat is 40%, Geodude is 30%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route10.shtml

R/B: No Spearow, but Geodude is 35%. Voltorb is 40%.

Yellow: Magnemite is 50%, Rattata is 20%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route8.shtml

Red: Pidgey is 30%, Mankey is 30%.

Blue: Pidgey and Mankey are 30%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route7.shtml

Red: Pidgey and Oddish are 30%.

Blue: Pidgey and Bellsprout are 30%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/pokemontower.shtml

R/B, 6F- Quite a few mistakes here. Gastly is 85%, Haunter is 6%. Gastly has a minimum level of 19, whereas Haunter is either level 26 or 28.

R/B, 7F- The levels here are the same as the were for the last floor.

Yellow, 7F- Minimum level for Haunter is 22.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route12.shtml

Red: Oddish is 35%, Pidgey is 40%.

Blue: Bellsprout is 35%, Pidgey is 40%. For fishing with the Good Rod, Poliwag's minimum level is 0. I'm sure that's a mistake.

Yellow: Oddish and Bellsprout are 30%. Pidgey is 10%, Pidgeotto is 15%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route13.shtml

Red: Oddish and Pidgey are 35%.

Blue: Bellsprout and Pidgey are 35%.

Yellow: Oddish and Bellsprout are 30%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route14.shtml

Red: Oddish is 35%, Pidgey is 20%.

Blue: Bellsprout is 35%, Pidgey is 20%.

Yellow: Oddish and Bellsprout are 30%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route15.shtml

Red: Oddish is 35%, Ditto is 20%.

Blue: Bellsprout is 35%, Ditto is 20%.

Yellow: Oddish and Bellsprout are (once again) 30%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/safarizone.shtml

Red, Entrance: Nidoran M and Rhyhorn are 20%.

Blue, Entrance: Nidoran F and Rhyhorn are 20%.

Red, Area 2: Nidoran M and Rhyhorn are 20%.

Blue, Area 2: Nidoran F and Rhyhorn are 20%.

Red, Area 3: Nidoran M and Doduo are 20%.

Blue, Area 3: Nidoran F and Doduo are 20%.

Yellow, Entrance: The Nidorans are 20%.

Yellow, Area 1: The 2nd Nidoran M should be Nidorina. The Nidorans are both 20%.

Yellow, Area 2: Once again, the Nidorans are both- you guessed it! -20%.

Yellow, Area 3: Read previous correction.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/powerplant.shtml

R/B: Voltorb and Magnemite are 30%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route16.shtml

Yellow: Doduo is 40%, Spearow is 25%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route17.shtml

Yellow: Doduo is 50%, Fearow is 25%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route18.shtml

Yellow: Doduo is 40%, Spearow is 25%.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/seafoamislands.shtml

East Exit should be Route 14.

Red, 1F: Seel and Slowpoke are 20%, Golbat is 5% at Lv. 29.

Blue, 1F: Seel and Psyduck are 20%, Golbat is 5% at Lv. 29.

Red, B1F: Horsea is 30%, Staryu is 20%, Shellder is 15%.

Blue, B1F: Krabby is 30%, Shellder is 20%, Staryu is 15%.

Red, B2F: Seel is 35%, Slowpoke is 30%.

Blue, B2F: Seel is 35%, Psyduck is 30%.

Red, B3F: Seel is 30%, Slowpoke is 35%.

Blue, B3F: Seel is 30%, Psyduck is 35%.

Red, B4F: Horsea is 35%, Shellder is 30%.

Blue, B4F: Krabby is 35%, Shellder is 30%.

Yellow, 1F: Zubat is 45%, Krabby is 35%.

Yellow, B1F: Zubat is 40%, Krabby is 30%.

Yellow, B2F: Zubat is 35%, Krabby is 20%.

Yellow, B3F: Zubat is 30%, Golbat is 20%.

Yellow, B4F: Zubat and Golbat are 25%, Zubat is either Level 36 or 45, and the 2nd Krabby should be a Kingler.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/cinnabarisland.shtml

R/B: Blaine's Arcanine is only Level 47.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/pokemonmansion.shtml

Red, 2F: Koffing is 45%, Growlithe is 20%.

Blue, 2F: Grimer is 45%, Vulpix is 20%.

Red, 3F: Grimer is 4%, Ponyta is 35%, Koffing is 35%, Growlithe is 10%.

I'll edit this post with more later.

Last edited:

alakazam^

First of all, this is an excellent project. It's exactly what I was looking for some time now.

I do have some questions, though:

-How can one check the encounter rates for wild pokemon? Is it something that you have to hack for? Also, does the sum have to be equal to 100% in each area?

-How true is this project to the Japanese version of the games? I ask this because, as known, there are some minor differences in the games, not going into the whole Japanese Green, Red and Blue deal.

Since I'm playing the games, I'll check if I find any error, even though I play the Japanese versions and, therefore, there might be some inconsistencies.

One error I did find is that on Route 119, Pokéarth says we can only find a Hinbasu (Feebas) using a Super Rod but in Japanese Sapphire (I think it is the same in Japanese Ruby) I used an Old Rod (Boro no Tsurizao) and I got several Koiking (Magikarp) and Hinbasu (Feebas) but no Tosakinto (Goldeen). I think it would be the same using any of the Rods, as seems to be the rule of thumb for that pokemon.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Some of the trainers that you have in Jubilife City, like Picnicker Diana and Camper Curtis, are supposed to be in Oreburgh Gate, and Worker Colin and Worker Mason are supposed to be in Oreburgh Mine, instead of Veteran Grant.

The picture of Platinum's Eterna City Gym don't show up, and I refreshed the page a few times.

For R/B/Y's Route 22, the pictures with the character you play as in R/B/Y aren't coming up, that show what Rival's team would be based on the starter you pick. I refreshed page a few times, but nothing came up.

For G/S/C's Viridian City, it says that you need to Surf to reach the man that gives you TM42 Dream Eater, but you really only need Cut.

Why is there a separate page for the Pokemon Tower, when the Pokemon Tower is in Lavender Town?
In answer to your question, its the same reason why Rock Tunnel is seperate when its in Route 10, why Silph Co is seperate when its in Saffron City and so forth

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
lol that is your second double post I've seen :p

@gibbsTrainerExtraordinair
on Route 114 "Missing" thing you wrote, you mention Lotad Doll is a gift from Lanette. If I recall correctly, in Ruby she gave a Seedot Doll, while in Sapphire it's Lotad Doll. I don't know if in Emerald it is a random one out of those two, or is it always set as Lotad Doll.

You're lucky I decided to skip Lanette on my recent play-through of Emerald, or I wouldn't be able to answer for sure.

In the 5 resets I just did, I only got Lotad Doll, so I'm sticking by my previous answer. ;)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
In answer to your question, its the same reason why Rock Tunnel is seperate when its in Route 10, why Silph Co is seperate when its in Saffron City and so forth

Whats the answer?

If I recall correctly, in Ruby she gave a Seedot Doll, while in Sapphire it's Lotad Doll. I don't know if in Emerald it is a random one out of those two, or is it always set as Lotad Doll.

I believe its the other way around, with Ruby players getting Lotad dolls, and Sapphire players getting Seedot dolls. I don't know about Emerald though

In Pearl's Mt. Coronet's Route 211 Entrance, there is 105% in Pearl's Day section, as Cleffa is listed twice.

Last edited: