• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Pokéarth - Release Discussion Thread

ImAMuffin

I was curious if there were any plans to update the Cerulean Cave section to include its 1st generation Green and Japanese Red incarnation maps.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
For Ruby/Sapphire Route 110, Pokefan Isabel has a Plulse and Minun, not Butterfree.

In Yellow's Rock Tunnel, the PokeManiac has Charmander and Cubone, not Marowak.

Oh, and in Crystal for Route 30, it says Marril appears 10% during the day, but I haven't found a single Marril, and no other site mentions that...

Hey, I'm guessing this is the correct place to put a suggestion. Would it be possible to get full shots of the city or route in Sinnoh, like was done in the GBA games? Currently there are just single screenshots of the character standing at a point on the city/route. I have heard that this would not work because of the 3d graphics, but I found one that someone made of Snowpoint City and it looks liked it worked out OK. Take a look...

Snowpoint_City.jpg

Skirgedot

Just a simple post to show how thankful I am for this feature. <3 It is far more complete than the Bulbapedia one which is something. I was playing Emerald here, just because, and I was kinda lost trying to keep track of all the trainers in those big water routes, which in fact Bulbapedia doesn't have, so I used Pokéarth (Oddly, I rarely remember of it) and it was the simplest thing ever.

Gotta love Pokéarth.

SonOfASubmariner

GIRUGAMESH!
On Fire Red/Leaf Green, on Route 14, the 3rd Birdkeeper Marlon battle has a Level 48 Dodrio, not a Wartortle.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Hey, I'm guessing this is the correct place to put a suggestion. Would it be possible to get full shots of the city or route in Sinnoh, like was done in the GBA games? Currently there are just single screenshots of the character standing at a point on the city/route. I have heard that this would not work because of the 3d graphics, but I found one that someone made of Snowpoint City and it looks liked it worked out OK. Take a look...

Snowpoint_City.jpg

Well for starters Serebii said no, but seeing that map I guess the reason he said no is that it will be impossible to click and enlarge it (just as it happens with RSE maps).

tl;dr

Has anyone mentioned that Pokearth is really just Japan? Also, did we just forget that Sinnoh's northern region, covered in snow, happens to be along the equator of the map (theoretically the warmest zone on the planet?).

Sinnoh = Hokkaido (nearly identical)
Almia = Tohoku
Kanto = Kanto (Need I explain more?)
Sevii Islands = Small island chain south of Kanto
Johto = Chubu
Orange Islands = Okinawa and surrounding islands
Fiore = Kansai
Orre = Chugoku
Hoenn = Shikoku or Kyushu (looks more like Kyushu)

I think that we should model the map after what is CLEARLY the source for Pokearth.

evandeck

Will Pokearth be remade into HGSS like Region Maps?

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
On 1F of the Citadark Isle page, Chaser Jetsal's name is misspelled as Jestal.

Tonilugo

Thank You - Please!!!! Dude in Charge, do this please!

tl;dr

Has anyone mentioned that Pokearth is really just Japan? Also, did we just forget that Sinnoh's northern region, covered in snow, happens to be along the equator of the map (theoretically the warmest zone on the planet?).

Sinnoh = Hokkaido (nearly identical)
Almia = Tohoku
Kanto = Kanto (Need I explain more?)
Sevii Islands = Small island chain south of Kanto
Johto = Chubu
Orange Islands = Okinawa and surrounding islands
Fiore = Kansai
Orre = Chugoku
Hoenn = Shikoku or Kyushu (looks more like Kyushu)

I think that we should model the map after what is CLEARLY the source for Pokearth.

Thank You. I emailed the guy incharge of it and he told me that he just didnt want to make it that big. I think though they should update it because i mean really---> itzo obvious. Besides, if were really trying to be a one stop shop for all things on pokemon, this isnt so hard. I mean if you pix of every two seconds in any given anime we have it. Why not this?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Pokefan Isabel on Route 110 for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire does not have a Butterfree, she has a Plusle and a Minun.

JosJuice

Slightly inactive
i think poketopia should be added on the pokearth
That'd be pointless, since is no interesting information about the locations themselves.

Dusk Face

Pokemon Breeder
I don't know is this has been brought up yet but i just noticed something interesting.

While listening to the Pokemon Music station on my pokegear the other day I heard Ben the DJ say something rather interesting:
"Thursdays Pokemon Music is the Sinnoh sound that carries a hint of the Sinnoh Region atmosphere. The Sinnoh Music, the sound of the great land to the NORTH, might just lure a bunch of Pokemon to follow you!"

Now in the PokeEarth map the sinnoh region is displayed far to the south-east of the Johto and Kanto region.

I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to correct or command anyone but perhaps the Pokemon regions aren't as connected as we think.

Also i found it very interesting that they actually noted a totally differant region by name and direction (that wasn't Johto or Kanto cuz we know that they're connected)

Like i said above, if this has already been brought up before then i'm sorry (this is my first post ^^ i've been coming to Serebii.net for a very long time but i just now made an account)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Thanks, it has been brought up before but I'm glad you care enough to try and inform us :)

The placement of the regions in Pokéarth was manipulated somewhat due to space. However, I do intend to rework it when we add in Isshu this September and rectify this issue once and for all :)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Thanks, it has been brought up before but I'm glad you care enough to try and inform us :)

The placement of the regions in Pokéarth was manipulated somewhat due to space. However, I do intend to rework it when we add in Isshu this September and rectify this issue once and for all :)