• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
As soon as you finished the Groudon/Kyogre problem, the Red/Blue Orb that was given to you by the old lady in Mt. Pyre (not the Orb given to you by Maxie/Archie) becomes a regular hold item, which allows OR players to get Primal Kyogre and AS players to get Primal Groudon, assuming the player already has the other version legend, through trading or transferring.

Before that, it's a regular item but cannot be held.

----------

The Wynaut egg and Togepi egg you got in Lavaridge are strange. It seems that either those two eggs have their own Egg Cycle, or Togepi and Wynaut have new Egg Cycle.

I was hatching starter eggs, and I thought why not hatch those two eggs as well. Starters and Wynaut all takes approximately 5120 steps to hatch, while Togepi takes approximately 2560 steps to hatch.

Yet somehow, after the starters' eggs hatched, the summary for the Togepi egg and Wynaut egg are still "What Pokémon will hatch from this Egg? It doesn't seem close to hatching."

They finally hatched after I finished hatching 3 more eggs. It feels like hatching a Happiny egg, not a Wynaut/Togepi egg.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Ok, worked it out for Raikou, Entei and Suicune in my other game. Explains why I got them all in a row originally, too.

For Raikou, the time needs to be between 00 and 20 minutes past the hour, for Entei the time needs to be between 20 and 40 past the hour and for Suicune, the time needs to be between 40 and 00 minutes past the hour.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I've been doing research through Twitter, 2ch etc. and have found that

Cobalion has been captured on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Terrakion has been captured on Tuesdays and Saturdays
Virizion has been captured on Mondays and Thursdays

Now, this is just a running theory at the moment, but it seems sound

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Now, for Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf, I don't quite have specifics worked out

I know:

Mesprit stops at 8pm
Uxie starts at 8pm
Azelf is in the morning.

I'm trying to work out specific times. It might rotate every couple of hours. I'll check in two hours and see

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
So, my Japanese 3DS is ahead one hour as I never changed it back for DST

At 19:55 on my clock, I had Mesprit
At 20:10, I had Uxie
Now at 21:06, I have Azelf.

It may change every hour...but that wouldn't explain how others have struggled to get them. Still investigating

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Just something small for those who love collecting Ribbons - this might already be mentioned somewhere else, but eh, it's a new feature I don't think has been mentioned here :p

The Ribbon Belle in Mauville Hills gives the daily ribbon to all Pokemon in your team, instead of just the leading Pokemon.

In previous games, only the leading Pokemon receives the daily ribbon. This new change makes collecting the daily ribbon on multiple Pokemon becomes much easier, as now you can do 6 Pokemon per week instead of just 1 Pokemon per week.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
So, I figure I'll post this here. A small bit of Serebii.net has cropped up in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

So, someone noted a weird framed map in the south-eastern house in Dewford Town
dewfordmap.png

Looks weird, right? Well someone on GameFAQs noticed it looked somewhat like this
pokearth.jpg

This is a small version of a large map a friend & I made for our Pokéarth section. It contains the main game regions Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn, Sevii Islands as well as side game regions Orre, Fiore, Almia and Oblivia. My friend made the DP versions of the other regions and I placed them together in a large map

Now, let's flip that
pokearthflip.jpg

And resize it to match the image's size in Dewford as much as possible. Pixel resize rather than bilinear/bicubic resample to keep colour as much as possible

saywhat.png

The resemblance is utterly uncanny. So I was stunned but wanted to confirm it. Then, a friend extracted the direct texture which confirms it, and the texture isn't flipped here.
7iCFPWg.png

There's a slight differencce in colour, but it's quite clearly the site's map. Here's a comparison with mine resized and then both blown up
largemap.png

There's no doubt about it.

I am ecstatic and honoured that something I made will exist forever in a Pokémon game. Whether it was intentional or they just went to google for a Pokémon World image, I have no idea, probably the latter as there is talk that a label someone added to my image is part of it (which would explain the red bits), I don't know for sure, but it's irrelevant. It is such a nice feeling that something I created for Serebii.net is in the Pokémon games. It has made my year.

Status
Not open for further replies.