• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Slateport Stalls:
- Right Green Stall sells Incenses
- Left Green Stall sells Vitamins
- Blue Stall sells TMs: TM01 Hone Claws, TM73 Thunder Wave, TM76 Struggle Bug, TM100 Confide. 5,000 Pokedollars each.
- Pink Stall sells dolls. You need to unlock Secret Bases first.
- Orange Stall will only sell stuff to you once you get the TM for Secret Power. I don't have it yet, so I don't know what they sell.
- Fresh Water (from a fan after winning a Contest)
- Rage Candy Bar (from a fan after winning a Contest)

Slateport
- Soothe Bell (show the madam in Fan Club a Pokemon with high friendship)
- The Chairman also gives something if you've "raised your Pokemon with enough effort". None of my current Pokemon falls in that category.
- The woman at the blue stalls also gives something for "putting a lot of energy into my training". Sadly, I haven't given enough energy yet.
- TM41 Torment (Sailor at Contest Hall 2F)
- TM46 Thief (Aqua Grunt at Museum)

- Pokemart exclusives: Stat Boosters (X thingies)
- Name Rater is found here.
- Trim your Furfrou at Slateport Pokemon Fan Club.
- Buzznav Interview. Gabby at Fan Club.
- Buzznav Interview. Guy at Oceanic Museum.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Berry Blending is very effortless in this game.
Unlike the originals, you don't play a mini-game. Instead, you just pick a combination of 4 berries to blend then you get the Pokeblocks instantly afterwards.

Now, it's just a matter of which berry combinations produce the highest levels of Pokeblocks.

Red for raising Coolness.
Pink for Cuteness.
Green for Cleverness.
Blue for Beauty.
Yellow for Toughness.
Rainbow for all conditions.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Went back to Sea Mauville to hunt for Spiritomb after yesterday. Went to the bookcase where the Odd Keystone was mentioned and it said there was the feeling of being watched. Went to the item menu to grab the Dowsing Machine to see if it was hidden in the room and bam, the Odd Keystone appeared behind me and Spiritomb attacked.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Rematches seem to appear more frequently in these games. Sometimes, I just run back and forth between areas until they're ready for battle.

Also, I've been chaining DexNavi encounters (only sneak encounters) to see if it raises chances of meeting National Dex Pokemon. No luck. I guess I still need the National Dex (obtained after beating Wallace) to enable them.

BTW, to those who can't find how to enable StreetPass, it's on the BuzzNavi. Click the blue square above the newscaster.

Anyway, it's late here. I'll go to bed and post more minor findings tomorrow.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Ok, so here's the method, the most ridiculously convoluted method I have ever heard of for Pokémon. People in Pacifidlog give hints, different hints for different players, but yeah.

To get Regigigas, you need to do the following
  • Capture all three Regis
  • Have it be daytime. If night, it won't work.
  • Bring all three Regis to Island Cave
  • Have Regice hold the Castelia Cone (You can get Castelia Cone either in the Trick House (with all other regional delicacies including Shalour Sable) or by showing Regice to a girl in Mauville Hills), Snowball (Battle Maison Prize), or Never-melt Ice (Shoal Cave)
  • Have Regice have a nickname, only Regice needs it.

When you go to the middle of the Island Cave with all these conditions met, Regigigas will attack. If you don't have all them met you'll have a notification but nothing will happen. Regigigas then attacks at Level 50

There we have it. I'm stunned. If it wasn't for my friend constantly nicknaming his Pokémon which is something I never do, I'd have never have found it.

But hell, at least I had to work for it and that doesn't happen too often, outside the "Stay in the ball" moments.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Oh, I forgot to mention. On one of the Mirage Spots I went to, there were Rock Smash rocks. In them, I got the Dome Fossil, Armor Fossil and Plume Fossil, as well as the Old Amber.

I am hypothesising that these are technically version exclusives. It seems to fit the theme/pattern in Version Exclusives that seems to exist, but I can't be too sure until I get it again and StreetPass it over to Sapphire to see what fossils that gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.