• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Route 103 (Route 110 side)
Berries: Chesto x4, Leppa x4

Trick House - Trick 1
- Check the Table to find the Trick Master.
- He gives you an Escape Rope afterwards.
- Trick 1 requires Cut.
- Puzzle room items: Lava Cookie x2
- Expert Belt (Trick Master's Room)
- TM12 Taunt (Reward for clearing Trick 1)

Route 110
Berries: Leppa x2, Leppa x2, Leppa x2
- Dire Hit

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Been playing around with the DexNav feature on the first few routes. A few notes:

- Catching or fainting the Pokemon increases the chain for that Pokemon, and the count includes any you've encountered before using the DexNav. This number does not reset after leaving an area, switching off, etc.
- You need to catch the Pokemon to be able to use the DexNav for that Pokemon yourself (i.e. not from it randomly triggering).
- Quite often you get the message 'It couldn't be found nearby. Try looking in a different spot!' This basically means walk any number of steps and try again. You can do this after failing to sneak up on something too (i.e. you don't need to have a random wild battle or leave the area to get a Pokemon to show up in the overworld).
- Two steps is enough to get a successful search the second time around, just a matter of luck.
- Do try and stand away from patches of grass, but with them in view on the screen. The patch in which they appear will require a bit of walking towards, and will always be on the edge of your screen (or even *just* off screen). Sound indicates where the patch is too in stereo, which is neat.
- Noticed stars for the potential appearing around chains of 5 or up. Found a level 13 Lotad from a chain of 7 with Razor Leaf (battling it with my team then wasn't the best idea though =p). You can still get average ones appearing after a high chain number though.
- If a Pokemon has a Special move - they will replace the first move slot. So e.g. the Zigzagoon that appears with Charm in route 102 only had Charm and Growl, no Tackle.
- The first Poochyena (it's in the first route, in a tutorial about the feature so you can't miss it; but you can scare it off if you don't sneak apparently) has had Ice Fang for my friends, and Fire Fang for myself. Level 5.
- Zigzagoon have had the like of Charm and Rock Climb. Lotad has had Teeter Dance, Water Gun, Razor Leaf, Counter and Leech Seed. Surskit - Fell Stinger, have also heard it having Hydro Pump.
- Hidden abilities are not too hard to find imo.
- Have found Pokemon with items too via this method, e.g. Zigzagoon with Potion and Revives, Lotad with Mental Herbs.
- Natures tend to be beneficial; e.g. with the Lotad I caught they've all been Modest, Bold and Calm (mostly Modest).

If you have any questions I'll try to check them out! Will try some other Pokemon in early routes too. I don't have an obsession with lotad shut up

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I made this map for everyone's convenience...
Mauville City Map (Ground Floor only)
[spoil]
cEyYCPp.png
[/spoil]

Mauville Items:
- X Speed (behind the signboard next to the bikes)
- TM48 Round (woman in counter)
- Treecko Doll, Torchic Doll, Mudkip Doll (guy in front of closed Game Corner)
- HM06 Rock Smash (Wally's uncle)
- TM72 Volt Switch (Wattson)
- VS Recorder (guy in suit in Battle Institute)
- Mach/Acro Bike (Rydel)
- Speed Power Lv. 1 (Giddy on Pokemon Center)
- Critical Power Lv. 1 (Giddy on Pokemon Center)
- Befriending Power Lv. 1 (Hipster on Pokemon Center; replaces Giddy. He say's he'll give more next time)
- TM58 Sky Drop (girl at Pokemart)
- Globe (Backpacker in inner courtyard)
- PokeToy (girl on northern part of rooftop; keep saying 'Yes')
- Metronome (man on northern part of rooftop; sells it for P1,000)
- Nugget (Nugget man on southern part of rooftop; walk around until he appears)

- There's a guy on 2F northeastern stairs waiting for Genesect. I think this guy gives the Drives if you show him one.

Pokemart Exclusives (10,000 Pokedollars each)
- TM09 Venoshock
- TM40 Aerial Ace
- TM42 Facade
- TM47 Low Sweep
- TM57 Charge Beam
- TM78 Bulldoze
- TM82 Dragon Tail
- TM98 Power-Up Punch

Crooner's Cafe
- There's a guy who will teach Keldeo and Meloetta their signature moves

Ritzy Ribbon Retail
- Buy expensive Ribbons (Gorgeous, Royal, Gorgeous Royal)

Narcissus Mirror Shop
- Place to change the Kami Trio's formes

Pokemileage Center
- Exchange PokeMiles for rewards

Pokemon Reflexology Center
- One Pokemon massage a day

Mauville Gym
- Wattson's gym

TV Mauville
- Hoenn's TV Station

Battle Institute Hoenn
- Do Battle Tests; cannot be used until post-game

Inverse Battle Shop
- Inverse Battles from XY return

Rydel's Cycles
- Switch between Mach (speed) or Acro Bike (tricks)

Ultimate Move Studio
- Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, & Hydro Cannon Move Tutor

Pledge Move Dojo
- Grass, Fire, & Water Pledge Move Tutor

Song and Sword Move Academy
- There's no one here. He's at Crooner's.

Mauville Food Court
- Place an order and battle while you eat
- Currently Available (to me at least): Village Sub Combo [Single Battles; 1,000 Pokedollars; 5 turns]
- Each trainer only has 1 Pokemon, so try OHKO-ing each trainer to get a maximum of 5 Trainer Battles
- I got a Nugget and Iapapa Berry as reward

Mauville Hills
- Mauville's residentail area; access via elevator
- Access is restricted unless you know someone who lives there
- Someone tell me how to access this place...

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Via DexNav, Ralts has the likes of Destiny Bond and Shadow Sneak (and Encore) as possible moves, which are also egg moves (not surprising there). Also Grudge, and billy12451 found Memento.

With the Poochyena, from my narrow sample space of what your starter is
- 3 Mudkip = Fire Fang
- 4 Torchic = Ice Fang
- 5 Treecko = Thunder Fang.

Let me know what was the case for you and I'll update. Minor detail, but hey, it'll be neat to know and I do suspect this may be the case (RedSaphire thought so too).

Edit - must be a pattern with it! The Fang it knows is what your starter Pokemon resists.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I think, Mega Stones can be found anytime. No time restrictions.
It's morning when I found Manectite on Cycling Road, while afternoon when I found Alakazite.

--

I've been trying to beat the Cycling Road.
0 collisions, 12.11 seconds. Guy says it's still not good enough...

Unless... there's really no record to beat and no prize to gain to begin with. :/

--

Trick House - Trick 2
- Required Rock Smash
- Guy inside sells Escape Ropes for P550
- Items: Rage Candy Bar x2, Hard Stone (Reward)

Granite Cave Lower Floors (Mach Bike required)
- Pokeball (B1F)
- Repel (B2F)
- Rare Candy (B2F)

Route 118
Secret Base: Rock (near the water)
- Stardust

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Route 117
Berries: Pinap x2, Pinap x2 / Pina x2, Pinap x2
- Ether (Cut Required)
- Great Ball

Verdanturf
- TM45 Attract (Lass on Contest Hall)
Pokemart Exclusives: Heal Ball, Nest Ball, Luxury Ball

Route 116 (Verdanturf Side)
- HP Up
- Black Glasses (hidden; at the foot of the stairs)
Secret Base
- Rock (west of Bug Maniac)
- Rock (top of stairs)

-The Bug Maniac lost his Glasses. Find the hidden Black Glasses then talk to him. Then he'll leave.

Rusturf Tunnel (Verdanturf Side)
- Max Ether
Secret Base: Rock (above the Max Ether)

- Continue westward until you reach the Rustoboro exit of the tunnel. Talk to the scientist to get a Repeat Ball.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
The tricky stuff is underwater. I've actually found items in the underwater areas, hidden. Saw areas that had practically nothing so randomly moved around pressing A. Found the Griseous Orb that way. Problem is you can't use the Dowsing Machine, so it's all blind luck.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Been doing contests the past hour or so. My Pokémon from RS and DP are doing well, got Master Rank in three of them now.

After Super Rank, you meet Lisia in the Green Room and meet her rival Chaz. These meets happen the first time you beat every rank. At Master Rank, Lisia expects you to continue so you may one day be on stage with her

Status
Not open for further replies.