• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Vroomer

Auto append second posts to previous post.

On another forum I visit, if you "double post" in a thread, the forums auto merge the posts into one post for you. How about putting the burden for that on the software and not the mods?

Thank you.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
You could make some sort of feature that allows us to stop friend requests from coming in. I would love to be able to stop unwanted friend requests for good.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I hope you'll add BSTs into previous generation dexes, because looking back to Gen VI dexes is just tedious.

pokefreakceetje

Please update the look of the dexes the spin-off dexes, I mean the DPPt dexes, R/S/E/FR/LG dexes etc., since those still have the old serebii.net design, as does the archives, which is also missing pictures, and update the look of the manga and Animé pages, TCG pages and old game pages, I would also love to see a mobile friendly (responsive?) look, since the design is a mid 2000s one now, and isn't very good looking on phones.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Please update the look of the dexes the spin-off dexes, I mean the DPPt dexes, R/S/E/FR/LG dexes etc., since those still have the old serebii.net design, as does the archives, which is also missing pictures, and update the look of the manga and Animé pages, TCG pages and old game pages, I would also love to see a mobile friendly (responsive?) look, since the design is a mid 2000s one now, and isn't very good looking on phones.

We're working on a mobile friendly layout, don't worry. However, as this is essentially a one-man show and there has been a crapload of stuff continually happen this year it keeps having to be put on the backburner.

Also, TCG Pages and anime/manga pages have the new look, as do most old game pages with the rest being redone when I get time or if there is a sudden Virtual Console announcement. Archives missing pictures is not something I can really fix much unfortunately.

pokefreakceetje

We're working on a mobile friendly layout, don't worry. However, as this is essentially a one-man show and there has been a crapload of stuff continually happen this year it keeps having to be put on the backburner.

Also, TCG Pages and anime/manga pages have the new look, as do most old game pages with the rest being redone when I get time or if there is a sudden Virtual Console announcement. Archives missing pictures is not something I can really fix much unfortunately.

Sad, about the archive and the layout. I can check archive.org for possible pictures, you used back then, if you want ;). Can this old picture be one of the Pokeball UK pictures? 01.gif On the URL: http://www.serebii.net/archive/December-2000.shtml on your site.

Last edited:

pokefreakceetje

-snip- accidentally posted.

pokefreakceetje

Excuse me for posting again ;). But can't those images be found on archive.org? Also you miss really old archive pages (from April 2000~August 2000) maybe upload those again by using archive.org ;).

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Excuse me for posting again ;). But can't those images be found on archive.org? Also you miss really old archive pages (from April 2000~August 2000) maybe upload those again by using archive.org ;).

The Archive.org Database starts on Febuary 2001 for Serebii.net. And as expected with Archive.org backups alot of images don't get saved. As for Recovering images, more people are likey to look at the game sections that the news pages.

You where Brown one point Serebii? Reminds me of a 2001 M-Rated N64 game, which is now on Xbox.

Last edited:

pokefreakceetje

The Archive.org Database starts on Febuary 2001 for Serebii.net. And as expected with Archive.org backups alot of images don't get saved. As for Recovering images, more people are likey to look at the game sections that the news pages.

You where Brown one point Serebii? Reminds me of a 2001 M-Rated N64 game, which is now on Xbox.

Yes the database, but in 2003 or 2004 he had the archive of 2000 completely online (with really old posts). In 2008 or so it went missing with the migrations ;) a lot of old pages went missing.

Recently came up that there was some confusion over the games that will be compatible with Bank with Sun and Moon's release.

I then went to the Bank page to see if there was a list of compatible games, but there weren't any, so I would like to suggest, please, that there be a page titled "Compatible Games" - or something to that effect - and then simply "Generation X" followed by a short list of the games compatible with Bank as of that Generation?

Anyways, thanks for all you do Joe! Great job with the site lately!:)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Two things I want to mention.

1. The Pokemon Ranger pages are incomplete, and I think some of the location names weren't localized on it. The missions end at Steelix, with "more to come" following it. As far as unlocalized names, I think I saw Lila instead of Lyra, or something like that.
2. This sort of goes into my own personal want, but could there be a list of all the previous gen Pokemon that were spotted in these trailers?
One reason is that it might give us some insight with the Pokemon that are in Alola, but the big reason I want this has to do with the Alolan forms. Since the Pokemon seem mutually exclusive from other regions (a minor assumption), it would be great to see which Pokemon do not appear to have Alolan forms like Salamance and Politoed that were shown normally.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Two things I want to mention.

1. The Pokemon Ranger pages are incomplete, and I think some of the location names weren't localized on it. The missions end at Steelix, with "more to come" following it. As far as unlocalized names, I think I saw Lila instead of Lyra, or something like that.
2. This sort of goes into my own personal want, but could there be a list of all the previous gen Pokemon that were spotted in these trailers?
One reason is that it might give us some insight with the Pokemon that are in Alola, but the big reason I want this has to do with the Alolan forms. Since the Pokemon seem mutually exclusive from other regions (a minor assumption), it would be great to see which Pokemon do not appear to have Alolan forms like Salamance and Politoed that were shown normally.

For the list - I believe if you ask Aromantic Mist about it, he is making up a list of those pokemon we've seen in trailers

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I sort of abandoned the idea to post "other spotted Pokemon in Sun and Moon".

However, I have overheard that the previous gen Pokemon on the Japanese site are giving extensional informations, such as Pinsir and Vikavolt being rivals.

Some minor translations of what the blurbs of these Pokemon say would be great.

M_F

Don't know if already mentioned, but the avatars from Gen 5 onwards don't have the animation on here nor in the site (I think)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Don't know if already mentioned, but the avatars from Gen 5 onwards don't have the animation on here nor in the site (I think)

None of the Avatars have Animation, with possible exceptions to staff Avatars.

The Smilies such as ;025; compared to :587: . Serebii has done it that way for a reason. I can say that Pikachu is a gif while Emolga is a Png, and Png doesn't support animations.

I'm not 100% there was a second frame of Animation to make Emolga to move.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
For all intents and purposes, it might be the time to seperate Abilitydex into seperate generations, what's with the recent retcons and all.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO