1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by Serebii, Sep 5, 2006.

1. doofinc

doofinc Elite Four

perhaps add a drop down menu on the attackdex page specifically for z-moves

2. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I know they aren't compatible yet, but when you do Pokemon of the Week, could you show a Pokemon's location in Gold, Silver and Crystal?

3. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

There's absolutely no reason to put that on the PotW given the Gen 2 games are years out of date and unlike the Gen 1 games, they have no ports to the VC. However, if you're so inclined, if you click on the picture at the top of the page in the PotW, it'll take you to that Pokemon's Pokedex page. From there, if they existed in Gen 2, you can select Gen 2 Dex to pull up their Gen 2 page, which'll tell you where they were found in GSC.

4. Dragonite Fan

Dragonite Fan Well-Known Member

Serebii- If I may suggest:

I was looking at your comprehensive EV Mechanics Guide (which I am finding extremely useful, thank you).
    However- looking at your suggested defense ev location- you recommend s.o.s battles against Geodudes on route 12.
    Geodudes can self-destruct at that level, potentially disrupting the battle

I suggest s.o.s battles against Roggenrolas on ten carat hill. Same ev yeild, slightly lower encounter rate (30% as opposed to geodudes 40%) and no self- destruct.

5. MCScizorite

MCScizorite New Member

Not sure if this is right but I think Hano Beach respawns hidden items. I just found a Pearl between the four umbrellas just south of the Pyukumyuku chucker guy and a Heart Scale upshore by the Staryu/Sandygast feel free to check this out for yourselves

Edit: note I have found other hidden items in those same spots before

6. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I think the site should have a more in-depth Z-move page where all available moves are listed.

For example:

Fairy Z Moves

Twinkle Tackle
    100 Base Power Only
    Disarming Voice (Special)
    Draining Kiss (Special)
    Fairy Wind (Special)
    Nature’s Madness (Special)

Dazzling Gleam (160 Special)
    Moonblast (175 Special)
    Play Rough (175 Physical)
    Fleur Cannon (195 Special)
    Light of Ruin (200 Special)

Special Z Crystal
    Guardian of Alola (75% of Target’s HP)

Status Moves
    Baby Doll Eyes (Defense 1 stage)
    Charm (Defense 1 stage)
    Fairy Lock (Defense 1 Stage)
    Flower Shield (Defense 1 Stage)
    Sweet Kiss (Special Attack 1 Stage)
    Crafty Shield (Special Defense 1 stage)
    Misty Terrain (Special Defense 1 Stage)
    Aromatic Mist (Special Defense 2 stages)
    Geomancy (All stats 1 Stage)
    Floral Healing (Reset stats)
    Moonlight (Reset stats)

I don't know how you would formulate the algorithm for this, but this is what I had in mind.

7. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

You mean like: www.serebii.net/attackdex-sm/twinkletackle.shtml and http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/zmoves.shtml for Status Moves?

I've had them up since launch day

8. Auraninja

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  9. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

Perhaps sky drop should added to the weight mechanics page given that targets above a certain weight cannot have the move used against them.

10. jopikachu

jopikachu Grass Master

kindly make a page which gives data abut the best nature for each pokemon, the preferred stats to be ev trained, it will be very helpful for games..

11. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

That is our Pokémon of the Week section

12. jopikachu

jopikachu Grass Master

yes. i know that. but now the gen 5 pokemon of the week is removed, and also there are only limited no of pokemons in that. so kindly do a page with just the best nature and required EV training..

13. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Here you go.

http://www.serebii.net/potw-bw/

It is important to remember that the person and people running this site are human, and detailed, in-depth pages like that don't appear out of thin air. That's a sizable demand, to say "kindly make a page appear containing specific information for anywhere between 650-800 Pokémon," depending on your generation of choice, and particularly when much of that information is covered elsewhere, and particularly when the website is attached to a forum that has a handful of places to ask "what's the best in-game and/or competitive nature for..."

14. jopikachu

jopikachu Grass Master

thank you for providing the link for gen 5 pow. i can understand, making such a data is a herculean task, as i'm trying to make one with he help of my friends and the data from pow and could complete only kanto pokemons

15. missHPfan2

missHPfan2 New Member

On the page about EVs, where it suggests the best place to train a particular EV, the recycling plant in SM is suggested as the best spot to train the HP EV by SOS chaining Muks. I tried it, and quickly realized that having to use antidotes and healing items all the time against the Muks' poison was quickly gonna be a pain. I prefer to SOS chain Caterpies, and even though I have to flee if a Butterfree pops up, it's still better than being poisoned all the time. However, if you're doing this with something that's immune to poison, then that location would be the best. So, maybe add SOS chaining Caterpies on Route 5 to that suggestion, alongside the existing one?

Edit: Scratch that, SOS chaining Bounsweets is far superior. They never call anything else except more Bounsweets. Plus, no poison.

Edit 2: Uhh, actually, turns out Route 1 has Caterpies as well, and these only call other Caterpies. So maybe that'd be the prime spot? Route 1? I think it has to be at night, though.
    Yes, I'm EV training right now.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  16. VVolf

VVolf Pokèmon Breeder

You might consider upgrading the AttackDex so that egg groups are included for the individual pokemon listings. Would save the trouble of having to click into each pokemon to see egg group when attempting to breed egg moves.

17. Minedreigon

Minedreigon We are the Swarm

May we please be able to select Gen 7 Pokemon as our favourite Pokemon in our profiles ? That'd be great :]

18. Auraninja

Could you make a nature calculator for Gen I, using a listed Pokemon, level, and experience-to-next-level as inputs?

19. lezardvalethvp

lezardvalethvp New Member

Hey, now that the Pokébank is updated, can the Lowest Pokéball Levels page got Gen 7 be updated as well?

20. KSeto

KSeto New Member

Could the OHKO moves page be updated? I know OHKO moves themselves aren't particularly important, but it hasn't been updated since DP. Thank you!