• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

trentham boy

Shiny Hunter
i would like to see a shop area in the trade section so people can put up like 20 different pokemon they want to trade and say what they want for them

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I would like to see a poll on the front page that asks a question, and then at the end of the week the results are posted either on the main page or on the forums. I know there's a poll section, but it would still be fun to see a collective result from everyone, because some people don't visit the poll sections very much!
I find that concept a bit amateurish personally. It's pointless

Gliscor_111

I find that concept a bit amateurish personally. It's pointless
Really? How so? It's something more involving for those who aren't involved in the forum as much. To me, it would make the website seem a little more friendly. Maybe that's just me though.

I think we can have a "not game discussion" so we can post threads that has nothing to do with games :D

Sh1ny_Scizor

Rare Pokémon Trainer
I think it would be a good idea to autosend a message to anyone that created a topic, as soon as it got declined/accepted so people easier can track their status of their topic. And if you didnt recieve a mail it has not been checked or the Admin had not decided if it were to be declined or accepted. And the mail should if not accepted include the whole text which was written in the topic so the one who wrote it could edit it. Or write it somewhere else if thats the case.

Any thoughts or does this already exist? I posted a long post once, or atleast i spent some time writing it. So i would not bother writing it again if it does exist. Anyway i gonna search for it anyway too see what i can find, a day has passed but the admin might moved it. As i did not see any suitable thread as i was about all the RPG games in general.

fierylord

Charmander! Yay!
How about an MMORPG forum? You can discuss MMORPGS here. It can have a subforum called "MMO Recruitment." This can be used for recruitment when you will go to bosses and/or events.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
more work on ranger 2. i think some updates to those pages would be greatly appreciated.

crapp

PokeMaster Master
you should add onto the breeding mechanics page, because it says baby pokemon and legendaries are the only pokemon that can't breed, but in my experience (and some other people's too) nidoran (f)'s evolved forms can't breed, creepy how that work out, right?

Oh and some pokemon can breed into multiple pokemon (not just the ones that can use the incenses) like the nidorans (both) and the males evolved forms can have either nidoran as the egg pokemon.

I would also like to see a page with move combos on it (like raindance-thunder, sunnyday-solarbeam, in d/p a 2vs.2 battle with one having an ability that obsorbs a certain type of moves, and the other using a move of that type that hits all the pokemon in battle)

SuperYF

I have an idea.
How about integrating Pokemon Characteristics into the 4th Gen IV Calculator? Have an option in the IV calculator that lets you select what characteristics your Pokemon have (for example 'Likes to thrash about') so that you can calculate the exact IV of the highest stat.
Saves the trouble of going to the Characteristics page to find the highest IV.

IcyDragon0605

Look over there!
Well, this may have been said before but here goes:

I was watching a few Internet safety videos at school today and realized this. This forum has a thread where you actually post a picture of yourself. There are also threads where one is told to give out their name or other personal info. So my point is that it would be very easy for predator to cooridinate a crime here. I know that sounds dumb but a lot of adults know that kids like pokemon. So my suggestion is put more limits on what you can post here. I'm mainly looking at the picture thread.

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
hey serebii i have a question? will the movie shaymin from the japanese version of platinum be able to unlock the glacidea flower in the us version when it comes out?

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
I've noticed a general lack of information for most of the spin off games, but also, there's a fair few spoilers floating around without any warning.

Take for example; Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2.

Sure many people will've completed it by now, but things like the icons at the bottom of the page should still be in spoiler tags, no?

Generally speaking the site is pretty good, bar a few errors here and there, though I can't help but wonder:

What happened to the comic?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I tend not to put spoiler tags on the site, in fact other than in random news posts where its big stuff, I never have. If you go into a section, you had to expect it to include spoilers

There isnt really a lack of information for spin off games. We tend to include most of it...its just there isnt really that much that warrants seperate pages and such.

Comic stopped because the artist was getting personal attacks by idiots. Constructive criticism is one thing...but this was not it.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
I tend not to put spoiler tags on the site, in fact other than in random news posts where its big stuff, I never have. If you go into a section, you had to expect it to include spoilers

There isnt really a lack of information for spin off games. We tend to include most of it...its just there isnt really that much that warrants seperate pages and such.

Comic stopped because the artist was getting personal attacks by idiots. Constructive criticism is one thing...but this was not it.

Ahh I see. Perhaps a warning sign of some such anyway? For future reference, since it isn't made clear at all that there will be spoilers.

Makes sense then. Though the MD section missed an evolution page, detailing evo's that were different to the main games, but yeah I can see why there wouldn't be a lot in the first place. (Oddly, Gamefaqs doesn't have such a list either, guess no one compiled one, or, I couldn't find it.)

I never knew that. It's a shame because Ryuu was so very nice, and to be honest, could draw far better then half the people I could see flaming her about it.

Ah, people are so very ungrateful.

Thanks for that.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
There should be a forum with the best threads on the entire Serebii forums, specially selected for being good threads. This would be similar to the "Smogon's Greatest Hits" forum on Smogon. However, there would be no Trou du Cul equivalent, where the worst threads go, because would give trolls too much attention.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
First, this thread is for site suggestions, not forum ones. Please go to the SerebiiForums suggestion thread for ideas like this. Second, I think an idea like that would be too subjective to work well here. Smogon is smaller so it's easier to manage... but this forum seems too large for a "greatest hits" section to be a good idea, especially since we have so many diverse sections.

alli940

I can see you
on the pokedex, can you show in what tier they are, though some may be arguable, you can just say so there...