• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

There should be a page that lists important buildings, with a screenshot and text to discribe it's function and location, in each of the game sections.
I'm not talking about buildings like the pokémon centers, marts, and the gyms (allthough these buildings are very important, they are... "the usual stuff"), I'm talking about buildings like the Name Rater, Move Deleter, Move Relearner, Dept. Store, the Game Corner, the GTS, as well as stuff that is unique to certain games like Dr. Footstep's House.
I think this would be very helpful.

Last edited:

Sweet Pinpuku

Happy Happiny
Sorry in advance if this has already been suggested...

I was looking through the HGSS pages and noticed that there isn't yet a lost a what all the walking/partner Pokémon can pickup and was thinking that because creating that list of what everything can pickup would be a massive undertaking, why not get the forum community involved? My suggestion really is to have everyone make note of whatever their Pokémon is and what it picks up and then send them off to Serebii (or even just make a thread for them) that can then be collated into a proper list for the main site.

Glitches and solutions:
-people could just say their Pokémon found an item - solve this by having each item found confirmed by another member who maybe found the same item with the same Pokémon (maybe even have it confirmed several times over).
-number of Pokémon/images on the page - break up the list; have one page detailing all pickupable items for say from Bulbasaur to Golem, then a new page with a new list from Ponyta to Seadra, then Goldeen to Mew, Chikorita to... you get the idea. Or, do it in a similar style to the CardDex and give each Pokémon its own page that can be navigated via dropdown lists.

My only other suggestion to add on to this would be to hold-off actually doing until HGSS are released in UK, Australia and any other country that may not have it yet in order to allow everyone to participate and, essentially, give something back to the site ^.^

Thanks for your time x

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Sweet Pinpuku

Happy Happiny
We do actually have a list as well as of where it is found

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/partner.shtml

XD

When did that happen? For some reason, my AOL Browser doesn't show that (it shows what was there before about not having the list) yet FireFox shows that list fine. So sorry x

I know I'm continuing this off-topic-ness, but does that list apply to every Pokémon and am I right in presuming then that it's only Accessories they can pickup?

Miaka1986

the moveset calculator needs to be updated too.
I have the HGSS guidebook, and Lickytung is a good HM slave, but when I try the moveset calculator, it doesn't show Lickytung.

Jackathyn

Hey, Serebii! This is my first post- long time visitor, first time suggestor.

Anyway, I think the Pokéwalker page needs a note attached:that if your Pokémon is meant to learn a move on the level it gains from the Stroll, it will miss it as if you've chosen not to learn it.

I noticed it when training my new Mareep- very annoying to have it level 12 or so, with three attacks and realise there'll be no electric moves for it to learn until almost level 30! I think I heard Falkner snickering.

NAEWIG

I know this would take some time, but what abotu an spinoff item dex?even trought dungeon and ranch are the only ones to have itens...

-Totodile-

GOTCHA!
I was doing the Ruins of Alph puzzles today and when I came here to check them out, there's no pictures of the completed puzzles to use as a reference. Maybe you could add those pictures to the Ruins of Alph page?

ummmm, with the Steven Stone Heonn starters for HG/SS
it says activation to be confirmed.
well, i think i can confirm it, i just got them of him.

you need to have:

- 16 Badges
- Defeated Red
- Magnet Train Pass from Copycat Girl
then go into siplh co building and steven will complliment and then ask you to pick 1 of 3 stones, the answers are as follows
Red Stone = Torchic
Blue Stone = Mudkip
Green Stone = Treecko
then he'll depart for pewter city museum
:)
i can add more detial for copycats girls if people need to know :) .

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
I have a simple suggestion b ut it would take alot of copy/paste work. Make a page which just has all of the Pokemon listed and their little weakness resistance charts from the Pokedex with their names and numbers. This would make type advantage searching a bit easier than randomly clicking from page to page or trying to find a Pokemon with certain resistances.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
On the left side of the site, it would be nice to have the Video Games section organized by what type of game they are instead of having them all together in a jumbled list. For example, the top of it could have the main series of games (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, White, and Black) then under that would be the Mystery Dungeon games, then the Ranger games, and then a section of games that belong to no other series (Trading Card Game, Trozei, Puzzle Leage, etc.)

This would make browsing for games a whole lot easier, though I imagine it would take a good bit of work on the site. If you get around to it, considder the idea?