• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Rachel

Goddess of Pikachu
...Custom avatars for either:

A.) People over 18.

B.) People who haven't broken a rule in over a year.

C.) People who have joined several years ago.

Kreis

Still Dirrty

A.) People over 18.

It won't happen. It's unfair to those who just joined, and the moderators will have to keep avatars in check constantly to see that they do not break any rules. In addition to that, I believe it takes up server memory or something to the like.

IamBryce

Should add more detail in Pokearth about trainer's Pokemon!

I don't know how Serebii is about hacks & emulators! But I do know that every Pokemon game has a catch other trainer's cheat code now if someone (not nominating myself I cannot be bothered!) where to go through catching and making notes on trainer's Pokemons Moves maybe some other (but I only see the point of moves!) it would be kind of cool info! ;390;

Manene!

For Pokearth: A list of the HMs and other moves that will be needed for each place, like I'm currently heading to Mt. Silver, but I have no clue about I how I should prepare. Like, which HMs I need, or if I need Flash. I think that would defiantly be worth doing.

A.) People over 18.

Or people who've been here for several years with more than 10 post... ;)

Manene!

Oh, I see that now. But it would still be alot easier to find a certain game if they were organized by what series they're in. Or at least by consol.
I agree, and suggested it before. While it's organized in a sense, it still takes a minute to find what you're looking for. It would defiantly be easier if it were organized by series.

Extremely minor thing this, but you should specify on the Pokéwalker guide that you can't unlock Hoenn Field before you have beat Elite Four and unlocked NationalDex.
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml

Yeah, I realize that this should have been blatantly obvious, but in my exam stressed stage I had to pour all my blonde out somewhere, and I suppose the Pokéwalker claimed the blonde XP
And I think that maybe other people might have this problem as well. Especially kids that are not Pokémon veterans and don't have full control of how the Pokédex system works^^,

So yah. Minor suggestion, but in case anyone agree and you've got time^^,

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I doubt this will get anything done but it can't hurt!

Would it be at all possible to get a navigation system better than "gigantic list of links"? The leaning tower of links may have worked in 2000, but it has not aged well as you've added 540 new games and 255 new TCG sets and 4 new anime sagas to it. It also works very poorly on game pages with large numbers of subsections.

Some suggestions to that end:
1)Either blatently sort games by gen(as in, have each gen be its own "section" like we have the anime/video games/TCG/etc. sections now) OR seperate main games from side games. I shouldn't have to squint to find, say, Ruby and Sapphire squished between various Ranger/mystery dungeon/Gamecube games. If you sort by side games, try to clump similar side games together(ie. all the Mystery Dungeons would be together, as would all the Rangers, all the Gamecube games, etc.).
2)Move the movies/Pikachu shorts into the main Anime section. Have a "movies" link, and have that lead to a list of the movies & shorts(ala the lists of episodes in each saga). Or at least move the movies/Pikachu Shorts sections right below the anime section, because it's pretty silly to order things "anime" "video games" "(anime) movies" "Pika shorts".
3)You know the lists of links in each video game page? For the games with more than, say, ten pages, split their listings up into sections. Example: HGSS is currently a bloody mess that makes it difficult to find anything not at the very top or bottom of the list. Putting graphics with "Pokemon", "Events", etc. to obviously split up sections would make it easier to navigate. Looking at it now, you already have things kind of split into subsections, but making those subsections more obvious would do wonders to make video game pages easier to navigate. And looking at the Ruby/Sapphire page, you actually did this once, and it really did make the sections easier to navigate.

I know this would take precious time away from Project Mysterious Myster...I mean, Valhalla, and there's so much news now that you legitimately have less time to work on the site itself, but fixing the site's layout NOW will be easier than having to do it later, when you have more info to move around and more pages to update. And the layout has to be updated eventually, right? Right? Right?

Zalman

Master of Puppets
First of all Serebii, I love your site. Definitely the best Pokémon place on the internet. However, I was just looking through your old game pages (before 4th gen) and they're really lacking compared to your new standards.

Therefore, if there's nothing to do and no news for a while, I suggest you rewamp some of those pages. :)

natie

Mr. F
I like the custom avatar idea :p But really, it can't be THAT much of a strain on the servers, it's not like people WILL use custom avatars if they're allowed to do so. Also, why hand all the hard work of checking everyone's avatar to see if they don't break the rules to the mods? There's a bunch of active members on here I suppose, so whenever they see something bad they just report the user to the mods and he/she will be banned ASAP. Or at least have the avatar removed.

Also, name changes. A mod (I can't remember who exactly) told me name changes are only done when you have a typo in it, otherwise the servers suffer. Lies. It's not like 1000 members change their name every day. And even if that were so, you could make a new rule like 'You can change your name x times' or 'You can change your name only once a year, so think about it.' I would love to change this name, because no one knows me by it. Which is retarded because I'm a frequent poster on other forums, which I've seen some of you have account on to.

Limit signature size to something small, like yours (talking to Serebii). Some people on here have signatures that take up almost my entire computer screen. If they really want to show off their teams/shinies/whatever, let them have a link in the sig, but not the massive images. And most of the times their posts aren't even half as big as their sigs. Which leads me to another idea: your sig can only be as large as your average post. (J/k.)

Less mods. Seriously. It's like every member here is a mod. You say you need all of them, but that's not true. A forum I frequent is much larger than this one and it has nowhere near as many mods. What you need is about 10-15 real staff members, who do their moderator duties like their life depends on it. From different timezones, of course, so that every moment of the day at least 2 of them are online.

That's all, I hope you consider my ideas :D

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1. The Custom Avatars would be stored in the database. This would cause more issues in the lag until we find the error causing it to happen
2. Actually it is true. The error that occured when we seperated the forums across several servers actually has the forums slowing to a crawl whenever a name change is done
3. We have set signature guidelines. I'm not going to force people to go with an even more limited space
4. Every member here a mod? Wow, we have 110,000 mods. That's awesome. On a less sarcastic note, no we do not need less mods. If anything, we need more. We're not going to force people to spend their lives just searching through these forums considering we get many thousands of posts added each day. We have to have enough mods to try and cover each section so each major time zone is covered with Super Mods and Admins to do any clean up work across forums. We only have a few dozen mods. It's not many at all. Sure there may be bigger forums with less staff, but due to the nature of the franchise this site is based on, we have to tackle more immaturity. I also fail to see how having less mods would actually improve anything.

First of all Serebii, I love your site. Definitely the best Pokémon place on the internet. However, I was just looking through your old game pages (before 4th gen) and they're really lacking compared to your new standards.

Therefore, if there's nothing to do and no news for a while, I suggest you rewamp some of those pages. :)
That's the plan. However, the key words there are "have nothing to do". Yes, everything before FireRed/LeafGreen is of poor quality, but it's not a priority.

Keruso

Here, Birdy birdy!!
hey, Serebii. im not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this, but is it possible to update the Team Rocket Mechas page? i know that will take quite a while, since i believe there hasnt been a new mecha in it since Charizard went to the Charicific Valley (which i believe was about 5 or 6 years ago). if you do, good luck, if you dont, i just thought id mention it

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
When did the moveset checker go live? I don't remember it. It looks great by the way!
Originally? 2007. However, like most things in Game Mechanics, it fell into the sea of obscurity. Now it's back on the frontburner because I'm sick of people saying we don't go in-depth