• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Ok, from the last week

Saturday; Credited Filb for the pictures in Pokémon Sunday and yaminokame for the Movie 13 pamphlet that confirmed Black & White compatibility with Gen IV
Friday; Credited the OFLC for the PokéPark news and the official site for the Lost Link details
Thursday; Credited the official site for the Legendary Beast news and the Black & White screenshots

I can provide much more if you wish

aj876

The thing I'd like the most, which doesn't really seem to be covered anywhere else on the 'net is a mailing list for Wi-fi/Mystery Gift events. I know you have pages up, but for me Pokemon is something I play periodically, and the events always seem to happen when I'm not playing and so not checking the site. So a quick email anytime something new is announced or released would be extremely helpful, preferably tied to each user's registered country so we don't have to be constantly reminded that Japan gets 10 times as many events as anywhere else.

P.s. sorry if this has already been suggested, didn't want to read 73 pages worth of posts to check.

Kazooie959

What I would like to see the most is a TM location guide in the itemdex. All the games have their TM locations but there is no place to see them all together. I like to know if I can get a another TM before I use it and what TMs can be bought in one game are not the same as another...

Manene!

I've said the before, but I'll say in again: List of HMs and TMs that wiil/could be necessary for each area added to Pokearth. It would be extremely helpful.

Shock Master

I would like to see a page that explains in detail how to catch the Roaming Legendary Pokemon. It could detail all the attacks and abilities that prevent escape, the pokemon that can learn them, good move sets for catching different pokemon etc.

Shock Master

I would like to see a page that explains in detail how to catch the Roaming Legendary Pokemon. It could detail all the attacks and abilities that prevent escape, the pokemon that can learn them, good move sets for catching different pokemon etc.;381;;144;;244;

talala

could you add quilava to ash's bio under "pokemon going to have" like torterra and infernape were when the new intro came out?
[IMG200]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8256/13367547811530.png[/IMG200]

MBlack475

Falcon PUNCH!!!
Sorry that I don't have time to search through this thread to see if the idea has been suggested.

A Serebii.net iPhone/iTouch/iPad app.
Complete with everything on serebii except for the news updates.
Completely offline, but it does check for updates to the site periodically .
Maybe it could have a twitter feed through it that pops up every time serebii tweets for site updates.
There's a lot of things that could happen for it. :D
Just an idea. Tell me if you like it. :D

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
On the IV page, it should mention another option available for HG/SS users (possibly Platinum users as well, I never bothered to get Platinum so I would never know). The Super Nerd/Collector/PokeManiac (I can't determine which overworld is which at the time) that stands next to the PC in Battle Tower of the Battle Frontier. Show him any of your Pokemon, and he will tell you how well your Pokemon's "potential" is. I'm sure there's some complex formula to determine what makes him spout what phrase at this point, but all I can tell is that his answer reflects how high your Pokemon's average IV sum is.

After that, he'll tell you the Pokemon's stat which has the highest IV out of all else. He'll then tell you just how high it is.

From what I have observed, he'll say any of these three statements, each somewhat determining the precise number of IVs. However, this method simply narrows it down.

"It's very good in that regard." - 18-24
"It's fantastic in that regard." - 25-30
"It can't be better in that regard." - 31

There are probably other phrases as well, I just haven't seen him say anything else yet. I found this in HG/SS and have no idea if it is also in Platinum. Another thing to note: if your Pokemon has, say, 31 IVs in two or more stats, I don't know what he will say. He'll probably say that your Pokemon's overall potential is fantastic and pick one out of the 31 IV stats and tell you it can't be better in that regard. Dunno, just guessing at that point here.

ALSO. I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but I'll mention it now. For the Hidden Power page, you should include that there is a short way of solving your Pokemon's Hidden Power type in-game. This only works in HG/SS, from what I've seen.

In the Celadon Game Corner, there is a man in the "Prize House" who will identify any Pokemon's Hidden Power type for you. Just present it to him, and he will tell you up front. This eliminates the need to type in any gigantic formula into a calculator (IV calculator or otherwise) to figure out the type and gives you the type, and therefore the value, of the Pokemon's Hidden Power. It does NOT determine the Hidden Power's base power, but it does allow you to immediately head into the second formula. Plus, it also will help you determine if you used the IV calculator right, because if you did, the type result on the IV calculator will match what the man has told you.

I am certain that I am not the first non-Nintendo employee nor the first person on this forum to notice this, in fact I can assume Serebii has already seen these, but I just think they should be put up as alternatives for some overly tedious formulas.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
could you add quilava to ash's bio under "pokemon going to have" like torterra and infernape were when the new intro came out?
[IMG200]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8256/13367547811530.png[/IMG200]

Now that's interesting. I'll have to make sure that that is Ash's and not Dawn's though.

Sorry that I don't have time to search through this thread to see if the idea has been suggested.

A Serebii.net iPhone/iTouch/iPad app.
Complete with everything on serebii except for the news updates.
Completely offline, but it does check for updates to the site periodically .
Maybe it could have a twitter feed through it that pops up every time serebii tweets for site updates.
There's a lot of things that could happen for it. :D
Just an idea. Tell me if you like it. :D

I've considered that but it'd waste resources and kill the site :p

On the IV page, it should mention another option available for HG/SS users (possibly Platinum users as well, I never bothered to get Platinum so I would never know). The Super Nerd/Collector/PokeManiac (I can't determine which overworld is which at the time) that stands next to the PC in Battle Tower of the Battle Frontier. Show him any of your Pokemon, and he will tell you how well your Pokemon's "potential" is. I'm sure there's some complex formula to determine what makes him spout what phrase at this point, but all I can tell is that his answer reflects how high your Pokemon's average IV sum is.

After that, he'll tell you the Pokemon's stat which has the highest IV out of all else. He'll then tell you just how high it is.

From what I have observed, he'll say any of these three statements, each somewhat determining the precise number of IVs. However, this method simply narrows it down.

"It's very good in that regard." - 18-24
"It's fantastic in that regard." - 25-30
"It can't be better in that regard." - 31

There are probably other phrases as well, I just haven't seen him say anything else yet. I found this in HG/SS and have no idea if it is also in Platinum. Another thing to note: if your Pokemon has, say, 31 IVs in two or more stats, I don't know what he will say. He'll probably say that your Pokemon's overall potential is fantastic and pick one out of the 31 IV stats and tell you it can't be better in that regard. Dunno, just guessing at that point here.

ALSO. I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but I'll mention it now. For the Hidden Power page, you should include that there is a short way of solving your Pokemon's Hidden Power type in-game. This only works in HG/SS, from what I've seen.

In the Celadon Game Corner, there is a man in the "Prize House" who will identify any Pokemon's Hidden Power type for you. Just present it to him, and he will tell you up front. This eliminates the need to type in any gigantic formula into a calculator (IV calculator or otherwise) to figure out the type and gives you the type, and therefore the value, of the Pokemon's Hidden Power. It does NOT determine the Hidden Power's base power, but it does allow you to immediately head into the second formula. Plus, it also will help you determine if you used the IV calculator right, because if you did, the type result on the IV calculator will match what the man has told you.

I am certain that I am not the first non-Nintendo employee nor the first person on this forum to notice this, in fact I can assume Serebii has already seen these, but I just think they should be put up as alternatives for some overly tedious formulas.

Both good points. I really should have updated the pages with those. I'll get on it

Rakurai

Another thing to note: if your Pokemon has, say, 31 IVs in two or more stats, I don't know what he will say. He'll probably say that your Pokemon's overall potential is fantastic and pick one out of the 31 IV stats and tell you it can't be better in that regard. Dunno, just guessing at that point here.

If that's the case, he'll indeed pick a random 31 IV and state that it can't be better in that regard.

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
Another thing to note: if your Pokemon has, say, 31 IVs in two or more stats, I don't know what he will say. He'll probably say that your Pokemon's overall potential is fantastic and pick one out of the 31 IV stats and tell you it can't be better in that regard. Dunno, just guessing at that point here.

I've actually checked this scenario. He picks a random IV. Talking to him multiple times will get different results.

I also have a suggestion. I'm not sure it's possible, but maybe you could make some kind of encounter rate calculator for the HG/SS safari zone. It could involve inputting the number of objects of each type in a section of the zone, and the number of days that have passed. Then it could output the pokemon that can appear, and the likeliness.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I noticed you haven't made a Black/White page with the new moves. I know we only know two so far, but it'd be good to have anyway.