• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Aegon

I think you should update the Gen V Pokédex to display the new type bars, rather than the old Gen IV ones.

Instead of
fire.gif
we'd have
fire.gif
. The sidebar on Pokédex pages already reflects this change, but the main section does not.

Additionally, on the Dream World event Pokémon page, this change should also come into effect. On the topic of that page, Altaria's sprite at the bottom of the page should be this, while it is this instead.

11DBHK

Banned
an application that causes serebii users to slam their heads agaist their desks everytime they are about to make a bad post. this will cause users to rethink things before they post thus, improving the overall quality of posts, cut down on the number of forum trolls, spammers, and make sppf overall more efficient.

No. 1 Machop Fan

The AttackDexes would benefit greatly if they listed Pokemon that learn moves in an earlier generation, such as Alakazam and Sableye learning Gravity in Gen 4.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
For some items (in item description), list the situational effects; things that you will rarely come across, but little technicalities that can bug people if they're hard to find on google/other search engine.
For example;
Flying gem-you could mention that when used in conjunction with acrobatics, you get the boost from both (or you could list this under the move acrobatics)
Absorb Bulb/Cell Battery- say whether or not these things boost the SpA/ATK when the pokémon "absorbs" the move, via water absorb, storm drain, or dry skin/the pokémon has an immunity, or the ability lightningrod or volt absorb

EDIT-I started a new thread for this.

Last edited:

Zachmac

I'd like to see a damage calculator, I can never find a good one. Just a simple plug in the stats, type, and move power, and other effects later.
an application that causes serebii users to slam their heads agaist their desks everytime they are about to make a bad post. this will cause users to rethink things before they post thus, improving the overall quality of posts, cut down on the number of forum trolls, spammers, and make sppf overall more efficient.
I'd love that for myself, I won't have to worry about doing something embarrassing as much.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
For Pokemon that you can't tell the nature/characteristic right away (i.e. Reshiram/Zekrom and Shadow Pokemon), could a calculator be made to predict the most likely nature. Suppose that I have a Shadow Baltoy that I couldn't tell right off the bat what its nature and IV ranking, I would put it in a calculator, and the results would look something like this.

Baltoy

Most Likely Nature:
Modest

Other Good Possibilties:
Quiet
Timid

Most likely highest IV:
Special Attack

Possible IV ranks:
HP: High
Attack: Low
Defense: Med
Special Attack: High
Special Defense: Med
Speed: Med

I would admit that it won't encompass many examples, but I wouldn't find this hard to make with computer know-how.

Edit: I thought of a way this could be programmed. I have my ideas in a spoiler box.

Set the calculator as it tells you what the Pokemon IVs would be calculated as if it was in a neutral nature. An IV higher than 31 would show the boosted stat in the nature, An IV that cannot even work for zero would show the hindered stat in the nature. There are 5 possible cases.

Case 1: Nature is predicted.
HP: 15
Attack: X
Defense: 15
Special Attack: 32
Special Defense: 15
Speed: 15

Nature is shown as well as IVs.

Case 2: Augmented stat is predicted.
Attack: 15
Special Attack: 32

Four or less boosted natures are shown with possible IVs in each. HP and augmented stat IVs are shown.

Case 3: Decreased stat is predicted.
Attack: X
Special Attack: 15

Four or less hindered natures are shown with possible IVs in each. HP and decreased stat IVs are show.

Case 4: No nature can rightfully be predicted.
Attack: 15
Special Attack: 15

HP IV is shown and other IVs are shown with different natures.

Case 5: A nature can be more likely due to relative stats.
Attack: 0
Defense: 0
Special Attack: 31
Special Defense: 31

HP stat is revealed. Most likely natures are shown with IV allocation, then less likely natures, then unlikely natures.

Edit 2: I have shown you just straight numbers, it would actually calculate IVs as low as -47 to 80 (I used a Lv 100 Shuckle to figure those numbers). If it could give a range like -4 to 5, it would most likely be a hindered stat, but if it is 30 to 38, it is most likely a boosted stat.

Lol Edits: I have actually thought of something massively simple for this. I thought of an addition that can be placed on an IV calculator.

Last edited:

Hunter-Z

Insert witty title
Would it be possible to add more specific news sections? I like how there's a section for news for all related things like the news section is now, but I would really like to see a few sections where users can more easily find the news that is relevant to them.
For example, a section for Japanese games, North American games, European games, then maybe anime alongside having the all inclusive main news section.
I personally would really appreciate being able to just see all of the NA game news to see if there's an important event, ect that I should know about without having so search through a bunch of articles that are irrelevant to me and I'm sure others feel the same way.

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
More in-depth walkthroughs for the main series games. I know that there are other sites that do this, but Serebii is such a good site all-around, and I'd much rather work from just this site.

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
Gen I and II sprites for avatars! Please! I'd love to have the classic Silver Sneasel as my avatar.

Azzanadra

Since the introduction of the move Trick Room, it would be useful to know, which Pokémon get the biggest benefit... A list of the 100 slowest Pokémon would be useful for Trick Room teams.
:579:;437;;199;:589:;213;;143;:598::563:

More in-depth walkthroughs for the main series games. I know that there are other sites that do this, but Serebii is such a good site all-around, and I'd much rather work from just this site.

Serebii doesn't want walkthroughs because they take the fun out of the game.
Gen I and II sprites for avatars! Please! I'd love to have the classic Silver Sneasel as my avatar.

That's for the forum...
Since the introduction of the move Trick Room, it would be useful to know, which Pokémon get the biggest benefit... A list of the 100 slowest Pokémon would be useful for Trick Room teams.
:579:;437;;199;:589:;213;;143;:598::563:

Slowest =/= Best in Trick Room

Could we have different channels on SPP WiFi chat? Like 5th and 4th gen so that people who are looking for things in 4th gen can go in that room, and 5th gens for the other.

Also, aren't the 5th gen pokemon icons supposed to be animated like this: ;243;

Instead they're just still like this: :517:

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Could we have different channels on SPP WiFi chat? Like 5th and 4th gen so that people who are looking for things in 4th gen can go in that room, and 5th gens for the other.

Like PikaPika677 is saying, that's for the forums, this thread is for the site. (even though I agree comepletely with what your saying ;))

About what Azzanadra said, I would like to see something like this; A list of ALL pokémon and their base stats, that can be reorganized by the user for any 1 stat, sort of like the one on Bulbapedia here

PJ_Graphix

Theorist Trainer
something that would be beneficial to those playing the tcg is an updated TCG area. something i was thinking of is a categorization in the carddex for specific type pokemon. this will make it easier for people to create their ideal deck. we currently have the options to search by number and alphabetically but not by type. this comes in handy especially with pokemon that have 2 types like Stunfisk or Bisharp which have both types as cards. so you can search for fire, water, electric, metal, dark, psychic, grass, normal or fighting type cards.

another thing missing are the sets after Platinum: Supreme Victors in the main card page. for US released sets it seems to stop there for some reason even though the new sections exist on the site? just a matter of adding them on for easy access and maybe adding the theme sets they are associated with...

a list of cards banned from competitive play would be cool but these are found elsewhere on the internet if need be...

my last idea, for a completely new section: Pokemon TCG Online beta

its technically a pokemon game that has a good following, and has many trainers to fight and leagues to challenge. itd be nice to know just what cards the opponents have for those that dont mind the spoilers. theres many things that can be cleared up on the online pokemon game if it had its own section.

Most people doesn't care about those hideous smilies. We're lucky that he went through the time and effort just to put those in the forum.

Last edited: