• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

pacack825

A meowing duck.
A suggestion for the pokedex: there is currently an option to view pokemon sorted by base stat, but it only seems to display the top 200 pokemon, and only sorts by highest of the stat selected.
Would it be possible to make it a little more interactive so one could sort by lowest base stat and see all the pokemon in the list? (much like the way it's done on bulbapedia, if you'd like a visual aid to my sad explanation)

That, and possibly including all pokemon in the pokedex, rather than the top or bottom pokemon by stats would help too. Please do this serebii!

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
A suggestion for the pokedex: there is currently an option to view pokemon sorted by base stat, but it only seems to display the top 200 pokemon, and only sorts by highest of the stat selected.
Would it be possible to make it a little more interactive so one could sort by lowest base stat and see all the pokemon in the list? (much like the way it's done on bulbapedia, if you'd like a visual aid to my sad explanation)

That, and possibly including all pokemon in the pokedex, rather than the top or bottom pokemon by stats would help too. Please do this serebii!

I would like the exact same thing. A list of the worst pokemon would be so handy. I'm sure you don't want me using Bulbapedia due to lack of information serebii do you?

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Also, maybe you could have a link to the POTW strategies for each pokemon on their pokedex pages. I bet I'm not the only one who wants to be able to get competitive strategies for a pokemon easier.

I really think you should consider the other idea as well. Perfect for people who wanna get a good trick room pokemon or suicide pokemon.

What I would like to see is an spot on peoples profiles to put trade reviews of people. I mainly use Serebii forums for arranging trades and the ability to click a tab on someones profile and see what others have thought about trading with them would be a LOT easier than checking blacklists

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
That would probably require some sort of forum addon (if it exists that is), and Serebii doesn't like that. Also would require further moderation and not necessarily reliable (someone could always lie on it, and then what?)

Also, this is suggestions for the site, not the forum; that's another thread.

Manene!

This is something a recommended a few months ago but it was around the time the new games came out so maybe you missed it or just ignored it, either way I thought I'd try again.

Will you ever update the character bios with newer pictures? A lot of Ash's older Pokemon appeared in D/P but they still have outdated pictures from when the first appeared. And some of the pictures used have writing on them (May's Wartortle and Ash's Monferno). Brock's Sinnoh Pokemon appeared after the switch to widescreen but they have the same pictures from when the first appeared. And some of them just have other Pokemon in them, which is okay, but Leavanny is 10% Leavanny and 90% everything else. And Scraggy shares a picture with Pidove. It'd just make the bios look nicer if the pictures used were as up to date as possible. I'm not saying the entire section, but the main characters at least would nice.

In fact, maybe you could update the way the section is organized too? Like the way PokeEarth is organized, maybe? One menu for the main characters. Another for the rivals. One for Gym Leaders, etc.? Then with the minor characters, you could organize them by region? Or something similar. That way it's easier to navigate.

Last edited:

Infiltrator

Bridge Guarder
Not 100% neccessary but I thought it'd be cool to mention on Secret Power's page that it is not affected by Serene Grace.

ZadeLunette

I really am sorry if this is not where it goes, but I've noticed on a lot of pages for the games some Pokemon will be outlined in a white circle?

I'm not seeing anywhere on the site that explains what that is supposed to signify. Am I being completely dense and overlooking something obvious here? It's driving me up the wall trying to figure out what the white borders are supposed to mean.

An example would be at the bottom of the page on breeding.

Maybe it's just me who's missing something...

Last edited:

ZadeLunette

None of the critters at the bottom of that page appear as outlines in white circles.

Seriously? ...I've checked two different browsers and my computer is trying to screw with me then. All across the site it's showing random Pokemon with white circles around them. I've been thinking for a month now it was some new feature indicating something I just never saw where on the site it was. ;_;

Well if it's just a glitch on my end then clearly the site doesn't need to address it publicly. ;_;

Edit: Ack, my first post had a pretty stupid typo, that might have led to some confusion too. >_< My sincerest apologies if THAT was the area of confusion...this whole situation is making me feel paranoid and stupid.

Last edited:

Flandre

Fluffy Flareon
EDIT: Crap, didn't see the forum suggestion thing >>>>

Last edited:

Electrolled

A songdex that has every single song from all the video games would be pretty cool. I don't know how, but something that's not just a bunch of links, I'd like to listen to the song without refreshing the page or clicking a link.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Razor Leaf suggested I post this here.

It's true I've been mentioning the RP forum a lot, in how the roleplays there are generally limited to lengthy RPs where you generally have to dedicate yourself to it, and put in a lot of work. I was wondering if there could be a Roleplay section for RPs that are simple and less strict. Like, not to the point where one-liners and god-modding are allowed, but at least to the point where it wouldn't be considered a chore for some.

Hiratsu

I really am sorry if this is not where it goes, but I've noticed on a lot of pages for the games some Pokemon will be outlined in a white circle?

I'm not seeing anywhere on the site that explains what that is supposed to signify. Am I being completely dense and overlooking something obvious here? It's driving me up the wall trying to figure out what the white borders are supposed to mean.

An example would be at the bottom of the page on breeding.

Maybe it's just me who's missing something...

I've been getting that too. Not on that specific page, though, but, for example, There's one around all the Eeveelutions owned by the Kimono Girls on this page: Right here

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Serebii, could you make a listing of Pokemon with Dream abilities that you don't get in the Dream World/Radar or Hidden Grottos? Examples include the event Lucario and Ninetales for those dynamic duo teams, the Pokemon you can trade with that one person in Black 2/White 2, as well the Braviary, Mandibuzz, Jellicent, and that Deerling.

Also, I still think it would be cool to have a shiny list on the event database.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Serebii, could you make a listing of Pokemon with Dream abilities that you don't get in the Dream World/Radar or Hidden Grottos? Examples include the event Lucario and Ninetales for those dynamic duo teams, the Pokemon you can trade with that one person in Black 2/White 2, as well the Braviary, Mandibuzz, Jellicent, and that Deerling.

Also, I still think it would be cool to have a shiny list on the event database.

Why disclude Hidden Grottos and not in-game Pokémon?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Why disclude Hidden Grottos and not in-game Pokémon?
Simply because the Dream World, Dream Radar and the Hidden Grottos are already obvious examples with their own pages. I was really wanting to see if the others could be wrapped up into one page. Whether you want to do it or not is up to you.

agumike

I have a suggestion for the EV page for BW2 Attack EVs. Route 1 is a good place because both Watchog and Herdier are super common there and both give 2 attack EVs per now. You only really have to worry about some Jigglypuff every so often