• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I think an official serebii.net Iphone app. would be a great idea.
A lot of the time I'm not near a computer and don't have access to serebii, but I've always got my smartphone on me.

Nintendo has taken down a variety of apps so they can do their own. It'd be a waste of time

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Are you planning to add Unova families to the trade forums section?

YeahMyMother

Legendary Y
how do you get a new title thing with the badges and the people on it? jsut wondering :)

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

I think We'll set up a new set Trade forums the same way for X and Y for the same way, but I don't get say in that, nor do we know the entire Pokedex yet.

how do you get a new title thing with the badges and the people on it? jsut wondering :)

Post more in forums that counts the posts. Most forums will have a message attached to it if they don't. Don't worry too much about them they don't mean that much.. I know several people who's not had theirs change in years.

Douchemon

Scientist
Increase login time to about 1 hour b4 logout instead of what 10 min it is now ? :p

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Can I suggest doing some actual 5th gen pokemon for POTW since Gen VI is not too far away and there are still lots of 5th gen pokemon which need to be covered.

BCVM22

Can I suggest doing some actual 5th gen pokemon for POTW since Gen VI is not too far away and there are still lots of 5th gen pokemon which need to be covered.

To which the response will be that it's picked by a random number generator and has nothing to do with what "needs" to be covered.

Furthermore, "not too far away" is relative. We're still nine months from Generation VI starting and introducing new Pokémon, attacks and mechanics into the battle system. Four weeks a month x nine months = 36 more slots with which the Generation V PotW has to work with.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Increase login time to about 1 hour b4 logout instead of what 10 min it is now ? :p
I think VB restrictions may not allow this to change. Plus I only need to log in to the forum once, but then I do have "Remember Me" ticked. (I do have to insert my password every time I access "Mod Control Panel", however that is down to the what I can do there.) For appearing Logged in, I don't think so, if we don't know that you're actually online or no,t for an hour after you "leave" is real problem for modding.

(Ok, If you don't hit log out, the forums will "assume" you are still online for ten minutes until after you leave.)

To which the response will be that it's picked by a random number generator and has nothing to do with what "needs" to be covered.

Furthermore, "not too far away" is relative. We're still nine months from Generation VI starting and introducing new Pokémon, attacks and mechanics into the battle system. Four weeks a month x nine months = 36 more slots with which the Generation V PotW has to work with.

As of 5th Gen, we've got 348 Fully evolved Pokémon to cover. Doing 1 per week, we've got enough to take just over 6 and a half years in one. We've just at 106 POTW, covering I think 115 Pokémon out of the 348 count so far. We've got between 36 to 50 more POTW before we move on to Gen 6. (We started the January after Black & White Launched in Japan. )

We choose the Pokémon for each week by a random number generator, and we've also got a list of "Special" Pokémon that we've held back for event related news.

Also, Look at the 4th gen, and you'll see that some "lines" are not covered at all.

The Good news is that, we can "double" up Pokémon, we've even done two themed "1 Pokémon per day".

The Bad news is that I don't really contribute for it all, and you may want to look here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?210-POTW-Collaboration

Manga Reader X

Suggestions:

1. Fix the bugged "PM to e-mail notification system". I got an e-mail notification for my first received PM over 1½ months ago after I got the actual PM on Serebii Forums and that's the only e-mail notification I have ever gotten. I get the e-mail notifications from Bulbagarden Forums almost instantly.

2. Add Pokémon 3D Adventure: Find Mew! and Pokémon 4D: Pikachu's Ocean Adventure to the Pikachu shorts section of Serebii.net.
Pokémon 3D Adventure: Find Mew! was only released in Japan, while Pokémon 4D: Pikachu's Ocean Adventure was also released in USA, but had only one screening in Avon, Massachusetts.
Pokémon 4D: Pikachu's Ocean Adventure Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTagVQQKQ78
More info about the 3D / 4D shorts that I found on The PokéCommunity: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284768

3. Make statistics of the number of active forum members public on the bottom of the main forum page.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I think VB restrictions may not allow this to change. Plus I only need to log in to the forum once, but then I do have "Remember Me" ticked. (I do have to insert my password every time I access "Mod Control Panel", however that is down to the what I can do there.) For appearing Logged in, I don't think so, if we don't know that you're actually online or no,t for an hour after you "leave" is real problem for modding.

(Ok, If you don't hit log out, the forums will "assume" you are still online for ten minutes until after you leave.)

As of 5th Gen, we've got 348 Fully evolved Pokémon to cover. Doing 1 per week, we've got enough to take just over 6 and a half years in one. We've just at 106 POTW, covering I think 115 Pokémon out of the 348 count so far. We've got between 36 to 50 more POTW before we move on to Gen 6. (We started the January after Black & White Launched in Japan. )

We choose the Pokémon for each week by a random number generator, and we've also got a list of "Special" Pokémon that we've held back for event related news.

Also, Look at the 4th gen, and you'll see that some "lines" are not covered at all.

The Good news is that, we can "double" up Pokémon, we've even done two themed "1 Pokémon per day".

The Bad news is that I don't really contribute for it all, and you may want to look here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?210-POTW-Collaboration

I knew it was decided by a random number generator, I just thought more 5th gen pokemon should be covered. Thx for clarifying though and doing all the maths.

Finally, thx for the link. I like who the next POTW is. :)

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Suggestions:

1. Fix the bugged "PM to e-mail notification system". I got an e-mail notification for my first received PM over 1½ months ago after I got the actual PM on Serebii Forums and that's the only e-mail notification I have ever gotten. I get the e-mail notifications from Bulbagarden Forums almost instantly.

2. Add Pokémon 3D Adventure: Find Mew! and Pokémon 4D: Pikachu's Ocean Adventure to the Pikachu shorts section of Serebii.net.
Pokémon 3D Adventure: Find Mew! was only released in Japan, while Pokémon 4D: Pikachu's Ocean Adventure was also released in USA, but had only one screening in Avon, Massachusetts.
Pokémon 4D: Pikachu's Ocean Adventure Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTagVQQKQ78
More info about the 3D / 4D shorts that I found on The PokéCommunity: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284768

3. Make statistics of the number of active forum members public on the bottom of the main forum page.

1. Though a forum issue, it's a problem with the server's mail system but is getting fixed. It's just running through a backlog

2. Trying to get my hands on those shorts (and all the others) before I do anything like that

3. That's not really anything that's relevant

Manga Reader X

2. Trying to get my hands on those shorts (and all the others) before I do anything like that

2. They were only shown at a few cinemas in Japan (PokéPark for example, which is closed) and the 4D short was shown at only shown in English at Jordan's Furniture MOM Theater in Avon, Massachusetts, so unless you:
1. Go to Jordan's Furniture, they still have it and you get the staff to show it to you
or
2. Know someone who works at SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment
or
3. Get a 3D / 4D cinema to order it from SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment and start screening it​

you're never going get to watch the second short in English. The only way you could watch the Japanese dubs of these shorts is if you find a cinema in Japan that still has it saved.

I'm not asking for any in depth summaries, just post some general info (where it was shown, etc.), the movie posters and take some screenshots from the second short's trailer and this clip from the second short. You can get limited summaries of the second short here and here. Or at least make empty pages in the Pikachu shorts' section so that fans know that they exist.

3. That's not really anything that's relevant

I wanted to compare Serebii Forums to The PokéCommunity and Bulbagarden Forums in terms of active members, but it's not that important.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
2. They were only shown at a few cinemas in Japan (PokéPark for example, which is closed) and the 4D short was shown at only shown in English at Jordan's Furniture MOM Theater in Avon, Massachusetts, so unless you:
1. Go to Jordan's Furniture, they still have it and you get the staff to show it to you
or
2. Know someone who works at SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment
or
3. Get a 3D / 4D cinema to order it from SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment and start screening it​

you're never going get to watch the second short in English. The only way you could watch the Japanese dubs of these shorts is if you find a cinema in Japan that still has it saved.

I'm not asking for any in depth summaries, just post some general info (where it was shown, etc.), the movie posters and take some screenshots from the second short's trailer and this clip from the second short. You can get limited summaries of the second short here and here. Or at least make empty pages in the Pikachu shorts' section so that fans know that they exist.

I wanted to compare Serebii Forums to The PokéCommunity and Bulbagarden Forums in terms of active members, but it's not that important.

Never said I'd get the English versions. Relax, I know what I'm doing

Manga Reader X

Never said I'd get the English versions. Relax, I know what I'm doing

I have no idea how you're supposed to get the Japanese versions, but I'll trust you. And it's English version, not versions as the first short was only released in Japan. (I wish I could find and buy the 3D and 4D short somewhere)

By the way, could you expand Serebii.net's manga section to Pokémon mangas that aren't Pokémon Adventures. If Coronis doesn't feel like working with other Pokémon mangas than Pokémon Adventures, you could post a thread in the forum's manga section and ask for help. I'm sure someone would be willing to do it.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I have no idea how you're supposed to get the Japanese versions, but I'll trust you. And it's English version, not versions as the first short was only released in Japan. (I wish I could find and buy the 3D and 4D short somewhere)

By the way, could you expand Serebii.net's manga section to Pokémon mangas that aren't Pokémon Adventures. If Coronis doesn't feel like working with other Pokémon mangas than Pokémon Adventures, you could post a thread in the forum's manga section and ask for help. I'm sure someone would be willing to do it.

It's on the to-do list :)