• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Artnerd

Insane Artist
The Trainer customisation is still missing what different colours hair you can have. I've googled and there is no site who has a better guide then Serebii...
Perhaps an image guide that shows the differences in skin colour, eye colour and hair colour along with the haircuts?

Freeturtle132

Just looked over the recently updated "Escape & Retreat" page and noticed that the move "Teleport" is no where to be found. I'm sure everyone knows that in a wild Pokemon battle, if the opponent (Abra, Ralts, etc.) uses Teleport, it automatically ends the battle.

Though it is not letting me post the link, if you go to the Pokemon subreddit, a user by the name of TruthAlone seems to have discovered a new mechanic of chaining that should probably be researched: using Super Effective moves on the Pokemon you are chaining seem to decrease the chance your chain will break.

fairytrainer

Laverre Gym Leader
Can you specify on the "friend safari" page all the alternate forms available?

For example:
  • Which colors of Floette are available
  • Which sizes of Pumpkaboo are available
  • Which colors of Sawsbuck are available
  • Are both East and West Gastrodon available?
  • Etc.

I already guessed only 3 colors of Floette (yellow, blue and red) are available but I'm not sure about the rest. Maybe it'll be useful for other people that are curious too.

Crimzon Sun

I have them all now, but when I was searching for all the mega stones, neither the itemdex nor the item listings under x & y were particularly helpful as the locations they gave were very vague and did not note that many of them could only be found post-game between 8pm and 9pm. Also it took me a while to find the mega stones under the xy item listing. I suggest that either a dedicated xy megastones page be put in or more indepth info added to item listing page and possibly linked headers put at the top of the page so you can link directly to the types of items you want (Hold, Pokeballs, Megastones Etc). If this information is already in there somewhere it should be made mroe obvious.

RandomGuy928

You should consider displaying the Egg Groups for each Pokemon in the AttackDex. One of the main reasons I use that is as a cross-reference for breeding egg moves around, and clicking through each individual Pokemon to check their Egg Groups is very annoying.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I am pretty sure you are already planning on this, but I hope you will add the 6th gen links to the previous generations' Attackdexes.

HMughal1

Back in my newb days, I had to search in several different pages for complete information on IVs and how to maximize them. Can you please fit ALL relevant topics on IVs (like how to transfer via breeding, items that affect the transfer, pokemon that can be caught with max IVs in a stat, the relationship between Characteristics and IVs, etc.) on to one page. This way we don't have to travel between the IV page and another page like XY. Currently, the Individual Value page in the Game Mechanics only talks about the effect and calculation of IVs, but not how to manipulate them or get optimal IVs.

LimeSoda

I'm very frustrated about the forum rules. Currently the 3rd generation forums are in a bit of a pickle, for almost every thread that's created gets locked due to 'there being an appropriate sticky for the matter'. While this may be true, the stickied threads are dead! No one posts on them. Look for yourself, the last posts are from October and November.

People want to help others out, so it's not annoying when someone posts a one question thread. As a result of so many threads getting locked, there's only 3 or 4 active ones and the forum itself is becoming dead.

It shouldn't be dead though, that's the thing. There's 40-50 people viewing the 3rd generation forum.

For the more popular and relevant forums like 6th Generation, fine, I can see the current forum rules making sense. But all it's doing to the 3rd generation forum is destroying what little community we have left due to over-moderation.

Thank you

General Nonsense

Star Glider
No clue if this is being worked on or not, but perhaps you can make a catalog of trainers and pokemon in the Battle Maison? I know that there is already one for trainers you can be partnered with, but I am referring to trainers you battle against.

EmeraldBear

TheLimeGreenUrsine!
Iv been playing around with super training and noticed once a pokemon reaches 252 evs in a stat it will say its maxed out so you dont have to keep track of it yourself in fear of going over so thats something that may be worth mentioning on its page.

EDIT:Oh and something else that may want to be added to the breeding page is that in X and Y whatever pokeball the female pokemon is in, is what the hatched pokemon will be in. So say if I bred a female cubchoo thats inside a dive ball with a male cubchoo thats in an ultra ball then the baby will hatch inside of a dive ball.

Last edited:

Monek_OP

bernie2016
My suggestion is creating a sub-form in Games where all the rating games go, and/or one where all the counting games go.

Overkill™

Snowflake!
Mu suggestion is adding some text to the name change thread OP from forum. Curently if a name us taken you can't chose it obviously. Yet if the name is made but not activated yet it will be denied even though the person checked everything before requesting. Meaning the person is forced to wait months once again for somthing he didn't do wrong.

my suggestion is to either state in the op that this might happen rarely, warning the people or make an exception rule for these people.

with kind regards,

Snowflake!

Would you include a clickable map of Kalos on the Pokéarth page? That would be a great help :)

loop721

Fly in the Sky
can there be a top 100 base stat including the XY pokemon too?? like update it?

Found it never mind

can you make noivern a pokemon of the week?

Last edited by a moderator:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Maybe you can make a page detailing all of the Pokemon that are shiny locked.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
For Pokemon that can be found in the friend safari, it would be incredibly helpful if the page told me what Type Safari I should look in and which slot the Pokemon is in rather than simply saying "Friend Safari". Alternatively, link the words "Friend Safari" to the Friend Safari page so I can look it up easily.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Maybe you can make a page detailing all of the Pokemon that are shiny locked.

We do this :) http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml

For Pokemon that can be found in the friend safari, it would be incredibly helpful if the page told me what Type Safari I should look in and which slot the Pokemon is in rather than simply saying "Friend Safari". Alternatively, link the words "Friend Safari" to the Friend Safari page so I can look it up easily.

Well typically it's obvious :/ but ok, I'll look into it

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
Can you update the hyperlink from the Forums to the Pokedex to not link to the gen 5 (I think) and instead link to the gen 6 Pokedex? The same with linking to the attackdex, I end up at the gen 4 attackdex more often than I should with hyperlinks from the gen 6 Pokedex.