• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
In addition to mobile version of the site in progress, I think an app to access the website and possibly forums would be a great idea. I have some knowledge in coding Android Apps, and would be more than happy to assist with the creation of one.

Unfortunately it wouldn't be legally viable. I have looked into it.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I mean that if I do one, it'll likely get taken down like many others have

And heres a Link to a news on one of the more bigger take downs a few years ago: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokédex_apps_pulled_from_market

The App was pretty much everything you could want from a Pokédex app. Due to some Weirdness with Googleplay with Apps not being deleted if you've purchased it, I can still use it.

Besides you do have an app you to access Serebii's Pokédex, it's call Chrome or Safari.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
I mean that if I do one, it'll likely get taken down like many others have

You don't necessarily have to put it on the market. I've seen a lot of people make APK files for their apps that you can download. A guy at Smogon Forums for example, made a Pokemon Showdown app that isn't available in the store but works fine. I'm not sure if this is illegal and if you can get in trouble since you own Serebii while the PS app isn't being endorsed by Smogon.

While on the subject I've seen some Pokemon apps in the appstore that haven't been taken down for a long time. One example is a poorly translated app I downloaded over a year ago that calculates your Pokemon's stats for each number of IVs given EVs and nature, while having a nice damage calculator that is pretty accurate. It was updated with Hoopa when it came out a few months ago.

And heres a Link to a news on one of the more bigger take downs a few years ago: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokédex_apps_pulled_from_market

The App was pretty much everything you could want from a Pokédex app. Due to some Weirdness with Googleplay with Apps not being deleted if you've purchased it, I can still use it.

Besides you do have an app you to access Serebii's Pokédex, it's call Chrome or Safari.

Yeah but Google is dumb and puts bulbapedia/smogon first and sometimes sends you to gen 4 entries lol

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Maybe there should be a list of Pokemon that you get that you can't reset once you got it.

Examples: Dream Radar, Pokewalker, Mew and Phione in Ranch.

DarkDragonSpyro

Can the Serebii Staff Please Make a Spin-Off XY Pokedex

Because Some of the Users Can Use that Spin-Off Pokedex on the Main Site to Search for Whatever they Need,I Myself want this too

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Because of the Direct today, what about a Gen I "IV calculator"?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Because of the Direct today, what about a Gen I "IV calculator"?

Serebii's current Calculators for Gen 3o to 5 and Gen 6 is on loan from another site, http://www.legendarypokemon.net/ which can't update like Serebii does. I'm not sure if Serebii can make one, I've not seen any evidence about to say he can.

Many of us use the terms "DV" and Stat EXP for Gen 1 and 2 to separate them from the Gen 3 and later's IV and EVs. I've done a few searches, and the best I can find is PsyPokes DV calculator, which requires a "Fresh" or a Fully trained Pokémon. http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/dv.php PsyPokés Is built for Gen 2, but as long your get some info in how Stat EXP, and which stat is being used, It's possible to work it out after a little guess work. There was one better, but that's no longer working.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Both Gen II and Gen I Dexes are missing Dex entries, are you planning to add them in the future?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I was trying to get the creator of the one we had to get one to do it before launch, but he's busy until March. We'll try and get one up asap
When we find out exactly how the Pokemon from these games will be "transliterated" into sun and moon. It may be a good idea to put an output on how the DVs would appear in the new games.

On a separate note about 1st gen, because of how limited the item storage is in that game, I think it would be helpful to make a list of purchasable and renewable items vs limited ones. This especially would be helpful for TMs.

Blastoise91

I'd imagine it's been suggested before but I've been coming and checking this site for years and years while not using the forums much as evident by my post counts except for trades and whatnot but I'd suggest an official Serebii app for smartphones just because you'd have like everything in one not that it's any issue just going to the site but I figure there's an app for like everything these days including wikis for specific topics so it could definitely be a pretty convenient app for those who come to this site often!

Solid_Riddle

Re Design the Site? Its not very attractive for newbies. It would also raise the income, become more people would visit and become regulars. (Don't know if someone already said this, didnt read all the pages)

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
Might be a bit better if the Game Corner prizes were organized into a table for the RBY sections, along with the addition of the JPN prizes.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
What about a pokemon league on the forums for ORAS/XY? Like, we have people set as gym leaders, elite four and champion? I don't have much further of an idea beyond that, but what would you think, Serebii? Maybe put it in the competitive battling section?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

89mewtwo

It would be really cool if u guys could move the base stats of all the pokemon in the pokedex more towards the top of the page. I don't like having to scroll to the bottom of the page for every pokemon i search, also i think that base stats are important enough to be in the main characteristics of the pokemon and not just thrown in at the ending. It would be very helpful if u guys could consider this. Thx