• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Acer11

Just a minor suggestion, but it would be better if the pages for older pokemon games such as Ruby/Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond/Pearl, and others were updated with accurate details.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Actually I think the moviedex is a good idea. However I feel like the moviedex should definitely have a separate categorization, a separate list of only Pokemon that actually appear in the movie to make it easier to navigate for curious Pokemon fans instead of just the entire 800+ list of Pokemon alone. Currently the cinemadex is only focusing on the Detective Pikachu movie and at the moment it's unlikely that even half of the 800+ Pokemon would appear in a movie that is at least over an hour.

Also. Can we please have a list of Pokemon for Pokken Tournament DX that appear outside of the playable and support list, most notably Pokemon that appear on stage listings like Lugia or even a Rayquaza statue similar to the Pokemon Signs featured in Pokemon Snap.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Just a minor suggestion, but it would be better if the pages for older pokemon games such as Ruby/Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond/Pearl, and others were updated with accurate details.
Details are accurate, it's just the aesthetics that are a bit off and they are on the to-do list. Ruby & Sapphire has been done, however

Actually I think the moviedex is a good idea. However I feel like the moviedex should definitely have a separate categorization, a separate list of only Pokemon that actually appear in the movie to make it easier to navigate for curious Pokemon fans instead of just the entire 800+ list of Pokemon alone. Currently the cinemadex is only focusing on the Detective Pikachu movie and at the moment it's unlikely that even half of the 800+ Pokemon would appear in a movie that is at least over an hour.

Also. Can we please have a list of Pokemon for Pokken Tournament DX that appear outside of the playable and support list, most notably Pokemon that appear on stage listings like Lugia or even a Rayquaza statue similar to the Pokemon Signs featured in Pokemon Snap.

Well we do have the listing in the Detective Pikachu section which links in with the Cinematic Pokédex https://www.serebii.net/movies/detectivepikachu/

shoz999

Details are accurate, it's just the aesthetics that are a bit off and they are on the to-do list. Ruby & Sapphire has been done, however

Well we do have the listing in the Detective Pikachu section which links in with the Cinematic Pokédex https://www.serebii.net/movies/detectivepikachu/
That'll work. Still I hope you consider a list of Pokemon that appear aesthetically in the stages for the Pokken Tournament games and hopefully possible sequels that might happen.

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
I think it would be a fun and refreshing little addition to include an Pokemon Adventures appearances section for the Pokemon of the Week sections of the sites similar to Anime appearances. I think it's also possibly easy for mods who are in charge of the Pokemon of the Week section and have never read the Pokemon Adventures manga to add this since there is already a Adventures Pokedex section in Serebii as a point of reference and eased navigation. Of course I'm not a mod/admin so I have no clue how easy or how hard this is.
Now that I think of it, why not put chapter of the month for the manga? Is the manga too obscure for that?
Oh yeah, and I also want the manga section to be updated, for example make a new Trainer Card for the Pokédex Holders. Here is one I made as an example:
https://imgur.com/gallery/aWxTpO9

shoz999

Now that I think of it, why not put chapter of the month for the manga? Is the manga too obscure for that?
Oh yeah, and I also want the manga section to be updated, for example make a new Trainer Card for the Pokédex Holders. Here is one I made as an example:
https://imgur.com/gallery/aWxTpO9
I don't know if the manga should deserve that much attention. Not even the anime gets that much attention.

However it would be nice to see Trainer Card's updated. I think I heard somewhere in the forums that they had plans to but there were some delays or something? Personally however I'd like the Pokemon Adventures section to get a Character Bios section more similar to the anime's take which features nearly every character, important and non-important. The Pokemon Adventures section has one and you can tell that a lot of care and hardwork has been put into it but it hasn't been updated since Gen 3.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I know, previously, I suggested a list for moves that are not in Let's Go, but it may also be a good idea to have an inclusive list for Let's Go.

BenLee really not taken

I don't know if the manga should deserve that much attention. Not even the anime gets that much attention.

However it would be nice to see Trainer Card's updated. I think I heard somewhere in the forums that they had plans to but there were some delays or something? Personally however I'd like the Pokemon Adventures section to get a Character Bios section more similar to the anime's take which features nearly every character, important and non-important. The Pokemon Adventures section has one and you can tell that a lot of care and hardwork has been put into it but it hasn't been updated since Gen 3.
I meant, where for the anime, it has the following week’s feature in “Next in Japan,” so I was thinking about the manga having the same. Although, as you said, it may not deserve the attention, where Pokémon anime is officially by the Pokémon company whereas Adventure is more or less. Lastly, what is your view on the trainer card I made, and also possibles improvement?

shoz999

I meant, where for the anime, it has the following week’s feature in “Next in Japan,” so I was thinking about the manga having the same. Although, as you said, it may not deserve the attention, where Pokémon anime is officially by the Pokémon company whereas Adventure is more or less. Lastly, what is your view on the trainer card I made, and also possibles improvement?
Honestly I have no clue because I have no clue what the state of the Manga Character BIOs are as of now.

According to the actual page itself, it's being updated slowly and I have heard that there were plans to update it somewhere on the forums but were in 7th gen right now and the 8th gen story arcs will come soon after the 8th gen games are released so I am expecting 6th gen BIOs to be done already but on the other hand the Pokemon Adventures Character BIOs definitely has far more quality than even the Anime Character BIOs so it must require more time and effort... so honestly. I really have no clue what's the state of it as of now.

As for your trainer card. It's nice and simple. Actually kind of reminds me of Let's Go's simplistic aesthetic of it's UI.

BenLee really not taken

Honestly I have no clue because I have no clue what the state of the Manga Character BIOs are as of now.

According to the actual page itself, it's being updated slowly and I have heard that there were plans to update it somewhere on the forums but were in 7th gen right now and the 8th gen story arcs will come soon after the 8th gen games are released so I am expecting 6th gen BIOs to be done already but on the other hand the Pokemon Adventures Character BIOs definitely has far more quality than even the Anime Character BIOs so it must require more time and effort... so honestly. I really have no clue what's the state of it as of now.

As for your trainer card. It's nice and simple. Actually kind of reminds me of Let's Go's simplistic aesthetic of it's UI.
Do you know who can edit those manga bio pages? Because personally, I do want to, but I do feel unauthorized,

shoz999

Do you know who can edit those manga bio pages? Because personally, I do want to, but I do feel unauthorized,
I believe Coronis was in charge of the bio pages but he recently retired from his position a month or two months ago. I think @lolipiece is also in charge of that databases's section too as he has a large array of knowledge on the Pokemon Adventures manga and seems to be aware of the progress going on in that section however I'm not entirely sure as I know that a mod of the forums isn't the same as the mod of the main site that features that forum. I suppose you should just go and ask questions to the mods here and hope you can get some answers. As for you wanting to do it yourself, I'm not sure they'll allow that because their probably looking for someone who has admin/mod experience from other sites or at least has been here for a long time. You can try applying for it or asking for it but don't get your hopes up.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This is an admittedly minor complaint, that I don't really see getting fixed, but I figured I'd bring it up anyways.

As someone who exclusively watches the dub of the anime, it can be very difficult at times to avoid spoilers from people watching the Japanese version. I'm typically able to avoid things, the only spoilers I really can't avoid are those posted on the Serebii homepage. Now, to be fair, Serebii is very good about not putting blatant spoilers on the homepage, but there is one factor, which came up again today, that I'd rather be able to avoid. Right there, on the homepage, you have it saying that both Sophocles and Lana have had their character pages updated. This on its own isn't that much of a spoiler, but when combined with the upcoming episode image that was on the side of the website for the past week, it becomes very easy to guess how their teams changed. This combination of factors is nearly impossible to avoid if you want to check Serebii for news, and is constantly an issue every time a change is made to a main character's team.

Basically, it would be really nice if instead of saying specifically which characters had their team changed, it would be better for us dub viewers if you just generically said that the character profile section has been updated, without saying which character. Link to the specific page that was updated if you want, but just don't make it obvious who had their team changed. I understand why you present things the way you do, but I just figured I'd point out the problem with it in case you haven't realized.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think a page with all the base stat changes among Pokemon labelled with the Generation that saw the change would be a nifty page.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I was thinking that since Pokémon Bank is currently cross Gen and will continue to be cloud based for the current future, could it get its own special place instead of being labeled as a Gen VI game? It isn’t relevant anymore and I don’t think it will be only usable on the 3DS when Gen VIII gets announced and is released.

Dinoleaf

Change the layout. Serebii.net is pretty much THE site to go to for information on pokemon. The layout is too outdated, it looks horrible. It's been the same since the beginning. For such a big site as this, it should at least look professional. The sections on the left and right sides are too messy. Way too many spelling mistakes and the colors are dull.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Change the layout. Serebii.net is pretty much THE site to go to for information on pokemon. The layout is too outdated, it looks horrible. It's been the same since the beginning. For such a big site as this, it should at least look professional. The sections on the left and right sides are too messy. Way too many spelling mistakes and the colors are dull.
There is a new layout in the works, focusing on the mobile layout first then changes to the desktop elements shortly after.

However, current "professional" layouts do not account for sites that have the level of content that Serebii has. Most are designed for blogs or for sites with less than 2 dozen different pages compared to the literal hundreds of thousands of pages on Serebii.net so current layout trends do not mesh with how Serebii.net works if you want to have access to a page in less than 5 clicks.

I will try to rectify the spelling mistakes (it's actually more typo than spelling mistake) but need to be made aware of them. For that, the e-mail is on the site.