• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
If I wanted to exposed to "members" I'd go onto those vile shipping threads and read their smut.
Says the guy who literally has the word “hard” in his username. I believe that is callled a burn.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Are there a list of words that are banned to use on serebii? Curse words, etc? I can't believe that "member" is not there. can I see this list?
Member has a meaning that has existed long before the 60s attempt to turn it into a slang. That slang is seldom used to this day so doesn't warrant removal

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I've been long time fan of this site since I was around 10 and I often come to this website as a kid because I know this is one of the best databases around when it comes to games, anime, manga, TCG. However I've also noticed that the site is not living up to it's reputation anymore as it's faltering behind in one huge area, the manga section. I understand that part of the problem is that Coronis isn't here anymore but when you are going to prioritize in updating the manga section, especially for some of the extremely outdated problems?
  • The character bios's are quite frankly extremely outdated, over ten years outdated I think. I personally suggest that the section gets a new straightforward list like the one that the anime has as it will be easier to update with every new chapter. It's not the same as fan game sprites where Coronis put a lot of care and love into it but it will get updated faster this way.
  • The detailed character bios are also outdated. It hasn't been updated since the BW2 chapter.
  • The volume section is up to date for now but I suggest that there should be a section for mini-volumes of XY, ORAS and SMUSUM.
  • I've noticed that the mangadex hasn't been updated for some while. For example, there's no Pokedex entry of Necrozma who has been making enough appearances recently.

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I've been long time fan of this site since I was around 10 and I often come to this website as a kid because I know this is one of the best databases around when it comes to games, anime, manga, TCG. However I've also noticed that the site is not living up to it's reputation anymore as it's faltering behind in one huge area, the manga section. I understand that part of the problem is that Coronis isn't here anymore but when you are going to prioritize in updating the manga section, especially for some of the extremely outdated problems?
  • The character bios's are quite frankly extremely outdated, over ten years outdated I think. I personally suggest that the section gets a new straightforward list like the one that the anime has as it will be easier to update with every new chapter. It's not the same as fan game sprites where Coronis put a lot of care and love into it but it will get updated faster this way.
  • The detailed character bios are also outdated. It hasn't been updated since the BW2 chapter.
  • The volume section is up to date for now but I suggest that there should be a section for mini-volumes of XY, ORAS and SMUSUM.
  • I've noticed that the mangadex hasn't been updated for some while. For example, there's no Pokedex entry of Necrozma who has been making enough appearances recently.
We do have a new possible person to help out. I'm hoping they fill the backlog to get info up

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Is there any way we could get a search function for the pokédex? Perhaps for the gen 8 dex? Like, if I want to look for a pokémon with base stats in a certain range (like Sp.Atk above 80), with a certain combination of moves, with resistances to this (or these) types, and with access to this ability, it'd show all pokémon that qualify for all the requirements.

shoz999

We do have a new possible person to help out. I'm hoping they fill the backlog to get info up
That's fantastic news! However you did say possible person after all so there is no guarantees. Still I wish whoever this person is the best of luck if he or she gets the job. I'm not kidding about the manga section. The manga section is in dire need of updates.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Is there any way we could get a search function for the pokédex? Perhaps for the gen 8 dex? Like, if I want to look for a pokémon with base stats in a certain range (like Sp.Atk above 80), with a certain combination of moves, with resistances to this (or these) types, and with access to this ability, it'd show all pokémon that qualify for all the requirements.
I'll see what I can do for a comprehensive search.

However we do have a Moveset Searcher for you to check Pokémon with certain moves https://www.serebii.net/games/moveset-sm.shtml

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'll see what I can do for a comprehensive search.

However we do have a Moveset Searcher for you to check Pokémon with certain moves https://www.serebii.net/games/moveset-sm.shtml
I would, but it's a bit outdated. It doesn't seem to know certain combinations that are legal, like Feraligatr's Ice Punch (which isn't that obscure of a move for it, it's both tutor and egg move), Dragon Ascent on Rayquaza, Plasma Fists on Zeraora, and that's just what I'm finding now. There's probably more that's missing.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I would, but it's a bit outdated. It doesn't seem to know certain combinations that are legal, like Feraligatr's Ice Punch (which isn't that obscure of a move for it, it's both tutor and egg move), Dragon Ascent on Rayquaza, Plasma Fists on Zeraora, and that's just what I'm finding now. There's probably more that's missing.
Huh that's odd. It was definitely updated with USUM. I'll look into it.

shoz999

I have some suggestions to update the Pokemon manga section of the forums. I know I said this already but the forums and Serebii manga section are in desperate need of updates and future-proofing considering the Pokemon Adventures fanbase is actually growing, slowly but it is growing. For now, I just want to tell you some suggestions I had in mind for the Pokemon manga section of the forums.

You know the subsections? For example, in the anime section that has anime spoilers, anime polls and episode discussions? The manga section desperately needs this type of organization. I've noticed that the mod, @lolipiece is trying to keep order in the section in one way by blocking or deleting threads that are too specific, preferring to keep them in larger broader subjects in order to attract more activity and prevent flooding in the manga section, especially threads that may die. For example, I was trying to create a RGB and Y discussion thread but the mod thought that individual story arcs could turn out inactive and overwhelming to the thread. We came to a compromise that it would be by generations. However, why did he thought it would be overwhelming and inactive? I came to the conclusion that it's because of the manga sections simple but messy organization or rather lack of. I feel many of the mod's problems and maybe even make the work flow easier in order to keep track of certain threads, could be solved with some organization. I suggest subsections similar to the anime section...
  • Monthly Plot Discussions
  • Pokemon Adventures/PokeSpe Story Arc Discussions & Other Manga
  • Pokemon Manga Polls
The "Monthly Plot Discussions" section are for the monthly pieces of information announced. They are very helpful and vital to the manga section's success and are arguably the most active part of the section. So I feel that there's a need to organize all of them together into one subsection, especially for those curious of past information which is becoming harder to track due to the messy organization of the section.

The "Pokemon Adventures/PokeSpe Story Arc Discussion & Other Manga" features discussion sections for each specific story arc organized individually by chapters, not by generations. This is similar to how the anime handles discussions for Pokemon seasons. This is especially vital as a subsection because the threads I've made are dying, not because people have grown bored of them but because they've been constantly piled on top of other threads, including my own. I believe this is also a result of the messy organization of the manga section. Although I wouldn't mind myself making them self, I'd prefer that @lolipiece, @Coronis if available or @Serebii make the individual story arcs with 5/5 rating polls and everything for this particular subsection. I see this way as a way to establish further trust between the mods and the fans.

The "Pokemon Manga Polls" section. This is really an extra but it would help lighten the load for discussions on the main front.

Also, a sticky thread I liked to see updated is Coronis's PokeSP Statistics thread. Since the manga section of the main site is stuck from another time, I'd at least hope that the PokeSP Statistic thread is updated. If no because of maybe that you want to protect Coronis's work from other people's additions, then I suggest an entirely new PokeSP Statistics Thread, one that is future-proofed so any mod in charge of it can update it.

Also may I suggest that the Pokemon manga section have another sticky thread added? A Battle Records sticky thread. Basically, records that list Pokemon battles and who wins and loses. I thought this would especially be fun for Pokemon Adventures because unlike the anime, it's much easier to keep track of Pokemon battles since most of them are quite important in the manga.

Finally I have a suggestion for the anime section about a topic that's been banned from the manga section because it's declared to be "done to death" by the manga mod. A theoretical Pokemon Adventures Anime Discussion Thread as a sticky thread. The way I see it, that means this is a popular topic of discussion that has fan demand. Apparently in the past, fans annoyingly created too many theoretical Pokemon Adventures anime discussion threads. This can be easily solved if you make a sticky thread for this subject in the anime section as the only place where one can discuss a theoretical Pokemon Adventures anime. Also I believe any speculative talks on theoretical anime productions, including Pokemon Adventures, belong to the anime section, not the manga section. This would make everyone happy. The fans would be able to partake in such a popular topic and the mods would have a much better reason to ban or move Pokemon Adventures anime threads because there already is one.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
When Sword and Shield come out, I think on each Pokemon Hub page, you should have which Regional Pokedexes the Pokemon can be found in.

For example:

Raichu
Kanto/Johto: Yes
Hoenn: Yes
Sinnoh: Yes
Unova: No
Kalos: Yes
Alola: Yes
Galar: Yes

shoz999

Are you guys going to update the synopsis for each and every anime episode till now? It says "Full Guide Coming Soon" but from the looks of it there hasn't been a full guide since Gen 4, as in over ten years.

shoz999

I have another suggestion and I feel it would be much easier to future-proof the Pokemon Adventures character page for future admins who might want to take over if you created an entirely new template that didn't relied so much on consistent spritework. You should followed JoJo Bizarre Adventures wiki's example where the list of characters are categorized by pictures featuring each character's appearance from the manga.

mxeNNXf.png

Look at this template. It's easy to navigate, it features the artwork of each main character of how they originally were in their first appearances and it doesn't depend heavily on the consistency of fan-made spritework. Now imagine that for Pokemon Adventures.

LC6PefB.jpg

8otCGJ0.png

Even pictures this small, you can still see a slight difference in the artstyle giving off a sense of history in Pokemon Adventures which is one thing I love about the JoJo framework where they don't use the newer modern artwork representing older characters but use older artwork, giving the JoJo series a sense of history and Pokemon Adventures is over 20 years full of history, from Mato's older hand-drawn gamey-like artstyle to Satoshi's more modern clearer anime-like artstyle. As a matter of fact, Coronis kind of did most of the work for you guys.

Black_Profile.jpg

The circular borders featuring the Pokemon trainer's face would be a great start for such a framework only it's circles shaped like Pokeballs instead of rectangles like the pictures featured in the JoJo wiki page. It would be a cool little detail, have the circular bordered pictures line up like rows of Pokeballs and have a name underneath them stating who they are.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
There should be a list of pokemon that can be Ditto in GO, or a Ditto subpage in general

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I have another suggestion and I feel it would be much easier to future-proof the Pokemon Adventures character page for future admins who might want to take over if you created an entirely new template that didn't relied so much on consistent spritework. You should followed JoJo Bizarre Adventures wiki's example where the list of characters are categorized by pictures featuring each character's appearance from the manga.

mxeNNXf.png

Look at this template. It's easy to navigate, it features the artwork of each main character of how they originally were in their first appearances and it doesn't depend heavily on the consistency of fan-made spritework. Now imagine that for Pokemon Adventures.

LC6PefB.jpg

8otCGJ0.png

Even pictures this small, you can still see a slight difference in the artstyle giving off a sense of history in Pokemon Adventures which is one thing I love about the JoJo framework where they don't use the newer modern artwork representing older characters but use older artwork, giving the JoJo series a sense of history and Pokemon Adventures is over 20 years full of history, from Mato's older hand-drawn gamey-like artstyle to Satoshi's more modern clearer anime-like artstyle. As a matter of fact, Coronis kind of did most of the work for you guys.

Black_Profile.jpg

The circular borders featuring the Pokemon trainer's face would be a great start for such a framework only it's circles shaped like Pokeballs instead of rectangles like the pictures featured in the JoJo wiki page. It would be a cool little detail, have the circular bordered pictures line up like rows of Pokeballs and have a name underneath them stating who they are.
Interesting stuff, I'll give it some thought. Still need to reorganise how the manga section is done so may tkae a while

Pokemon Power

I have a suggestion for 8th Gen Pokemon of the Week. You should only focus on Pokemon that are in Sword and Shield for the first year.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I have a suggestion for 8th Gen Pokemon of the Week. You should only focus on Pokemon that are in Sword and Shield for the first year.
I mean that will be the case. We can't really do Gen 8 analyses for Pokémon that aren't in the games

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I mean that will be the case. We can't really do Gen 8 analyses for Pokémon that aren't in the games
As an addition to this, would it be too much to ask to focus primarily on pokémon that haven't been covered in gen 7 PotW and/or pokémon that have changed substantially in playing style between the generations? Like, in gen 7 we're getting pokémon like Slaking which was already covered in the XY PotW while it gained virtually nothing other than Stomping Tantrum in the generation shift, so you're sort-of repeating yourself, while interesting pokémon like Tsareena, Oranguru, and Comfey haven't been covered yet at all.