• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
As an addition to this, would it be too much to ask to focus primarily on pokémon that haven't been covered in gen 7 PotW and/or pokémon that have changed substantially in playing style between the generations? Like, in gen 7 we're getting pokémon like Slaking which was already covered in the XY PotW while it gained virtually nothing other than Stomping Tantrum in the generation shift, so you're sort-of repeating yourself, while interesting pokémon like Tsareena, Oranguru, and Comfey haven't been covered yet at all.
That is the intent

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
Question: Will there be a Map for the locations of each den featured in the Max Raid Battles?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Question here! Will there be a master pokedex made by chance that has all the pokemon together from 8th gen to 1st gen? I find I Have to look at sword and shield and then SM back to back when I am trying to look at all the pokemon and then I have to relook at SS and then SM and it's a sad cycle.

If not I understand as no game has access to them all yet and I already appreciate everything you've done so far. I feel like I'm talking to the hand that feeds me :p

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
With the IV calculator, instead of having stat buffs and nerfs (i.e. +Att -Def), can we have the above labelled "Nature/Mint" with the nature text listed instead?

I find the current system having abbreviations that blend together. I would find it more helpful with natures like Adamant.

Even if we use a mint, it would be properly labelled.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
For Sword & Shield, when are you guys going to add sidequests to the site like the ghost one?

shinypokemon

shiny searcher
Question here! Will there be a master pokedex made by chance that has all the pokemon together from 8th gen to 1st gen? I find I Have to look at sword and shield and then SM back to back when I am trying to look at all the pokemon and then I have to relook at SS and then SM and it's a sad cycle.

If not I understand as no game has access to them all yet and I already appreciate everything you've done so far. I feel like I'm talking to the hand that feeds me :p
While not a Pokedex per se, this link https://serebii.net/pokemon/all.shtml has all the Pokemon in a list, and also lets you check each gen alone. It still hasn't been updated, but with all the movement of the last few days, I can't blame anybody for that. I'm sure it will be updated soon enough

Luthor

Can we get a page for the fossil Pokemon of Galar. They have a particularly odd gimmick and that probably warrants a page.

Triplehigh345

Is there a page for Origin Markings like the blue pentagon from Gen VI or black plus for Gen VII pokemon? Or the new gym challenge symbol mark?

Luthor

Perhaps it might be worth a game mechanic page for Fishious Rend and Bolt Beak. Both double damage if the user moves before the target

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I assume this is something you're working on already but where the locations are listed on Galar mons some have a click tab already and some don't. Like Hatanne has the spawn chances but SirFetch'd doesn't??
Also can you be way more specific with locations. Like say Rt 1, 2 rather than the town name.

Kingudora

My favourite
I would like to know more about how wild pokémon can join your team in Pokémon Camp. Are there any special pokémon who can join (similar to poké pelago) or is it just the pokémon in that area?

Also, the Brilliant Aura page could use some clarification on what pokémon encounters can have a brilliant aura or not. For instance, at first I assumed that only overworld encounters in grass/water could have an aura until I encountered some of the flying pokémon that had one too. And some of those can be easily confused with Strong pokémon (which as far as I know can't have a brilliant aura).

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Here's a suggestion for the potw: For the anime corner, include appearances made by the entire evolutionary line, not just the final stage. This is especially given you've made a pre-evo corner once in a while.

The same can be said for locations--instead of listing just the final evo, include which stage can be obtained at where.

For example, for the case with Pidegot's:

(...)
Red/Blue/Yellow:
Evolve Pidgeotto
(...)

can be written as:
(...)
Red/Blue/Yellow:
Route 1, Route 2, Route 3, Route 5, Route 6, Route 7, Route 8, Route 12, Route 13, Route 14, Route 15, Route 21, Route 24, Route 25 (Pidgey)
Route 14, Route 15, Route 21 (Pidgeotto)
(...)

The problem with this suggestion, however, is branched evolutions. If, say, Vileplume is the one of the upcoming POTW and then the next is Bellosoom, then all articles on Oddish and Gloom would have to be copied and pasted, so following up this problem, I suggest the POTW to cover the entire evolutionary line instead of a single species of pokemon.

[ANOTHER SUGGESTION]

Since we are entering gen 8, can we also use this potw to discuss how to use the pokemon in question in max raid battles as well as how to deal with them when they are the raid pokemon. This may not be competitive battling, but this will help player co-operate with one another so that can take down high-difficulty raid pokemon together.

Last edited:

XaelOstigian

Competitive...kinda
I have an itching question regarding the Battle Tower from Sword and Shield. I saw no mention on the Sword and Shield "Battle Tower" section detailing the usual limits that were associated with the tower and similar battle facilities in the past such as no legendary Pokemon, no two Pokemon can hold the same held item (Can't have two different Pokemon holding Leftovers), no two Pokemon can be of the same species (Can't run two or more Charizard for example), and I believe there were other restrictions. Are all of these restrictions still in the game or have they been removed completely? An update to the page may be called for just to clarify any misunderstandings.

Specific answers regarding the Legendary, Duplicate Held Items, and Same Species limitations (Or lack there of) would be greatly appreciated!

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I have an itching question regarding the Battle Tower from Sword and Shield. I saw no mention on the Sword and Shield "Battle Tower" section detailing the usual limits that were associated with the tower and similar battle facilities in the past such as no legendary Pokemon, no two Pokemon can hold the same held item (Can't have two different Pokemon holding Leftovers), no two Pokemon can be of the same species (Can't run two or more Charizard for example), and I believe there were other restrictions. Are all of these restrictions still in the game or have they been removed completely? An update to the page may be called for just to clarify any misunderstandings.

Specific answers regarding the Legendary, Duplicate Held Items, and Same Species limitations (Or lack there of) would be greatly appreciated!

Idk about the other questions but Legendaries are allowed

Hayleqwyn

I just was looking at the gender mechanics page due to the update mentioned in today's news and then checked the breeding mechanics page. Neither page discusses paired single-gender Pokémon. By which I mean Pokémon which share parentage for breeding purposes (in the sense that eggs will hatch into one of two species depending on the gender of the hatched Pokémon), i.e. the Nidorans, Tauros/Miltank, Volbeat/Illumise, etc. I feel like this would be valuable information to include on either the gender or breeding mechanics page (or both) as this factor isn't always apparent.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I just was looking at the gender mechanics page due to the update mentioned in today's news and then checked the breeding mechanics page. Neither page discusses paired single-gender Pokémon. By which I mean Pokémon which share parentage for breeding purposes (in the sense that eggs will hatch into one of two species depending on the gender of the hatched Pokémon), i.e. the Nidorans, Tauros/Miltank, Volbeat/Illumise, etc. I feel like this would be valuable information to include on either the gender or breeding mechanics page (or both) as this factor isn't always apparent.
It's on the pokédex pages. And Tauros and Miltank aren't related at all.