• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
May we please have the Expansion Pass Returning Pokémon page divided up by expansion?

It would be nice to know which pokemon are returning in which expansion. Right now it's just one combined list. Having two will make it easier for players to do team planning and other preparations for the DLC.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
May we please have the Expansion Pass Returning Pokémon page divided up by expansion?

It would be nice to know which pokemon are returning in which expansion. Right now it's just one combined list. Having two will make it easier for players to do team planning and other preparations for the DLC.
There are separate lists under the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra pages.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/expansionpass/theisleofarmor.shtml
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/expansionpass/thecrowntundra.shtml

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Could you create a page on Available Pokemon in New Pokemon Snap?

I've taken the liberty of documenting everything I've seen so far. As of now, we know of the following:

I've timestamped all of the Pokemon listed here for reference.

Squirtle 0:41
Blastoise 0:48
Pidgeot 0:50
Caterpie 0:23
Pikachu 0:09
Dodrio 0:34
Exeggutor 0:09
Magikarp 0:44
Lapras 0:28
Hoothoot 0:58
Pichu 0:34
Bellosom 0:58
Mantine 0:07
Wurmple 0:58
Wingull 0:09
Pelipper 0:07
Taillow 0:04
Shroomish 0:33
Sharpedo 0:31
Waillord 0:07
Zangoose 0:25
Torterra 0:51
Bidoof 0:04
Drifblim 0:28
Finneon 0:31
Ducklett 0:50
Swanna 0:04
Emolga 0:33
Bouffalant 0:02
Vivillon 0:02
Primarina 0:28
Crabrawler 0:09
Pyukumuku 0:44
Grookey 0:34
Scorbunny 0:38

There also appears to be more shown, but they're not as clearly visible so I can't quite confirm them:

Poliwag 0:25
Stunfisk 0:09
Sandygast 0:09

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Can you detail how Pokemon following you through the Isle of Armor affects happiness?

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
On the page for the master dojo it seems to list everything but a list of level up rewards for the dojo. You get different rewards for each amount of Watts you donate but there's no list of how many watts gets you what items?

danburite

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
PLEASE, Joe, just say "coronavirus" on your news posts. We know exactly what you mean when you say "current global situation", so I would really, really, really like to know what the purpose of using a euphemism is for something we're all well aware of.

It's not a dirty word.
If you had the flu you wouldn't say "my current medical situation". So why are you so hell-bent on avoiding saying "COVID-19"?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
PLEASE, Joe, just say "coronavirus" on your news posts. We know exactly what you mean when you say "current global situation", so I would really, really, really like to know what the purpose of using a euphemism is for something we're all well aware of.

It's not a dirty word.
If you had the flu you wouldn't say "my current medical situation". So why are you so hell-bent on avoiding saying "COVID-19"?
Because of search engines. I don't want to risk search positions by including it because Google is finnicky. I also don't like talking about negative things.

This is my journalistic choice and I will forever stand by it

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Just wanted to alert you that the mobile version of this site isn't working. I'm not sure if it's a "my phone" problem, or not.
Seems to work for me. What exactly is the problem with it

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
We need to gird our loins in case Joe has to go to the US to go to Copyright Arbitration in the US because of the CASE bill.

Are we prepared to crowdfund Joe's legal and travel expenses?

Stop adding data-mined material of Pokémon Masters EX to the front page without warning! Do you know that some people hate to see data-mined material before they're officially revealed? I, for one, didn't want to know about the new sync pairs besides N and Zekrom! Hide that stuff behind (inline) spoiler tags, and let players decide if they want to see the data-mined stuff on their own.

Also, Serebii, because I respect you and your staff, here are some suggestions on how to give Pokémon Masters EX the care it deserves:

• The "Moves" page of the Pokémon Masters EX area...
    • ... lists Slash as a ground-type attack. It's a normal-type attack that only becomes ground-type on Cynthia and Mega Garchomp because they gain the Ground Shift Passive skill, which turns their normal-type moves into ground-type ones, on Garchomp's Mega Evolution.
      • A corollary to this is that Slash is normal-type on the main character and Meowth/Persian (in any role), so Meowth's and Persian's sections in the main character's page (of the Pokémon Masters EX area) should state that.
    • ... fails to accommodate for Pokémon moves that only use MP (e.g., Accelerock, Bullet Punch, Aqua Jet, Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, and Fly) or use both MP and move gauge (e.g., Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail, Sandstorm, King's Shield, Light Screen, Reflect, and Defog). The page's table for Pokémon moves needs a new column that lists how much MP these moves use.
      • A corollary to this is that each Pokémon's section in each sync pair's page that mentions any of these moves must provide similar accommodations.
    • ... needs to state that Bug Buzz has 99-118 BP, Electroweb has 39-46 BP, Eruption has 135-162 BP, First Impression has 200-240 BP, and both Vine Whip and Water Gun have 20-24 BP.
      • Each Pokémon's section in each sync pair's page that mentions any of these moves must acknowledge these facts, too.
    • ... mistakenly states that Vine Whip uses two move slots when it really uses one.
      • Each Pokémon's section in each sync pair's page that mentions Vine Whip must acknowledge this as well.
    • ... NEEDS to hide ALL data-mined information except officially revealed ones! For example, showing names of each move N and Zekrom's move-set is fine because the Pokémon Masters EX staff officially revealed them, but their effects should be hidden until after the pair gets released. Some people want to avoid data-mined information before they're officially revealed, and exposing unrevealed moves like any other move does them zero favors. If people want to see the data-mined information, they can just click the hidden parts.
  • The "Passive Skills" page of the Pokémon Masters EX area...
    • ... lists the Ground Shift skill twice.
    • ... doesn't list Cynthia and Mega Garchomp as carriers of the Ground Shift skill or Glacia and Mega Glalie as carriers of the Last Word skill.
      • Mega Garchomp's and Mega Glalie's sections in Cynthia's and Glacia's pages (of the Pokémon Masters EX area) also don't show these facts, respectively.
    • ... should change a certain link's name from "Leaf & Venusaur (Female)" to "Leaf & Venusaur" to remove a needless detail.
    • ... should change the names of links of all sync pairs with Mega-Evolved Pokémon in the following way as an example: from "Leaf & Venusaur (Mega Venusaur)" to "Leaf & Mega Venusaur." This way, the link only specifies Sygna Suit Leaf and Mega Venusaur instead of also implying Sygna Suit Leaf and regular Venusaur due to how parentheses work.
    • ... needs to sort newly added Passive skills in alphabetical order for consistency with other skills.
    • ... should specify a sync pair's role if there are multiple versions of that sync pair and they neither use Mega Evolution nor have their moves changed after using sync moves. For example, please specify that the main character and Blastoise-Tech get access to the Racing Rain 2 skill. This page currently implies that all versions of the main character and Blastoise have that Passive skill, which is false.
    • ... must have each sync pair's link lead directly to the mentioned Pokémon's section of that sync pair's page. For examples, a link to the main Character and Machamp-Strike should go directly to Machamp-Strike's section in the main character's page, and a link to Jasmine and Mega Steelix should go directly to Mega Steelix's section in Jasmine's page.
    • ... most remove the row that lists all sync pairs without listing any Passive skill or skill description. That row's useless, and it only makes navigating the table harder.
    • ... NEEDS to hide ALL data-mined information except officially revealed ones! For example, hide skill Entry Freebie and its user until after the Pokémon Masters EX staff officially reveals them both, which will be after N and Zekrom get released for play! Again, if people want to see the data-mined information, they can just click the hidden parts.
  • The "Trainer" page of the Pokémon Masters EX area...
    • ...should list separate all Sygna Suit and seasonal variants of trainers from their original counterparts. For example, have one row for Elesa and Zebstrika and another for Sygna Suit Elesa and Rotom nearby. This way, this table stops misinforming readers that all versions of Elesa play strike roles and that all versions of Siebold are available at 4★, and people can see what each trainer's alternate version looks like (if officially revealed—more on that soon).
      • Have six rows for the main character. The first one is the main character and Pikachu, the second one is the main character and Torchic, and the third one is the main character and Solgaleo.
        • The fourth row should say the word Support in the main character's "Role" cell, and its "Pokémon " cell should list all support variants of Pokémon available through eggs.
        • The fifth row should say the word Tech in the main character's "Role" cell, and its "Pokémon " cell should list all tech variants of Pokémon available through eggs.
        • The six row should say the word Strike in the main character's "Role" cell, and its "Pokémon " cell should list all strike variants of Pokémon available through eggs.
    • ... NEEDS to hide ALL data-mined information except officially revealed ones! For example, it can show N and Zekrom and N's portrait because the Pokémon Masters EX game's staff officially revealed them all, but their role must stay hidden for now because the Pokémon Masters EX game's staff didn't officially reveal those details yet. This allows people whom are avoiding data-mined spoilers/"rumors" to use this website to do research on the Pokémon Masters EX game with less fear or risk, which will give this website one more advantage over Gamepress. If people want to see the data-mined information, they can just click the hidden parts.
  • If a sync pair's page of the Pokémon Masters EX area would contain some information that's officially revealed and some that's not, such as Lillie's page (as of the time that this message was posted), that page also NEEDS to hide ALL of the latter except officially revealed ones! Serebii's Pokémon Masters EX committee must give more respect to people avoiding data-mined information.
  • Not all nodes of sync grids are available starting at either at Move Level 1 or Move Level 3. Some are available starting at Move Level 2; please acknowledge that and accordingly alter all sync grids in certain sync pairs' pages of the Pokémon Masters EX area.
  • The "Main Character" page of the Pokémon Masters EX area...
    • ... needs group the Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle lines that have the Power Reserves 2 Passive skill just above the rest of the Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle lines, respectfully. This way, the anchors for the each Kanto starter leads to all variants of that starter's line, and navigators no longer have to search manually for Support and Tech variants of that starter's line.
    • ... must fix its anchor's link of Pikachu.
  • In Erika's page of the Pokémon Masters EX area, Erika (Holiday 2020) and Comfey's Lei Up move targets all allies. Its description even implies that. Please change the move's target-type accordingly. (Seriously, considering that said description's every sentence has the phrase "all allied sync pairs" and never mentions the user specifically, how the heck did the Pokémon Masters EX committee interpret the move's target-type as "Self"?)
  • Each page of the Pokémon Masters EX area should've had Level-130 stats after they were released—not before! That would've prevented each page from temporarily discoloring each sync pair's maximum potential.
  • The "[6★] EX" page of the Pokémon Masters EX area...
    • ... needs to list affected trainers as sync pairs instead to specify whether Steven and (Mega) Metagross, Steven (Summer 2020) and Alolan Sandslash, or both pairs can be raised to 6★ EX. Its table's title should change from "List of 6 Star EX Trainers" to "List of 6★ EX Sync Pairs" to accommodate for this fix.
      • This applies to, but is not limited to, the following sync pairs: Acerola (Fall 2020) and Mimikyu, Sygna Suit Blue and Blastoise, Cynthia and Garchomp, Elesa and Zebstrika, Erika (Holiday 2020) and Comfey, Sygna Suit Grimsley and Sharpedo, Hilbert (Fall 2020) and Mightyena, Sygna Suit Leaf and Venusaur, and Steven and (Mega) Metagross.
    • ... must add rows for Blue and (Mega) Pidgeot, Rosa (Holiday 2019) and Delibird, and Skyla (Holiday 2020) and Togekiss, etc. Remember to hide the ones that aren't officially released yet.
  • The "Gym Leader" section of the Pokémon Masters EX area's "Theme Skill" page ...
    • ... lists Sygna Suit Brock and Tyranitar as a tech sync pair. They're a strike sync pair.
    • ... NEEDS to hide ALL data-mined information that wasn't officially revealed yet!

Serebii, do you feel my concerns?

Jan. 4th Edit: Neither the Japanese nor the English Twitter account of Pokémon Masters EX officially revealed the Electric-type and Steel-type Egg Event as of the time of this edit. Maybe the devs posted that news on one of the those accounts before, but do you know that that news isn't there anymore (if ever)? This means that the devs don't want that news yet; if you truly respect the developers and the players of Pokémon Masters EX, then you should follow suit at least hide it all Serebii.net's info about that event, only un-hide what's still in those Twitter accounts, and occasionally check said accounts to ensure that what should be hidden stays hidden.

Last edited:

sevipereid

Consider updating the sword/shield IV Calculator to include the Pokémon available through the Expansion Pass. I tried to look up Krookodile and he isn't in the list.

Front-page news about Pokémon Masters EX is more respectful than before, but the news still occasionally shows data-mined material before they get officially revealed, and I believe that all whom edit the Pokémon Masters EX sub-site ignored all my previous feedback about this game. Some people on the Pokémon Masters EX committee are insensitive to those whom want to avoid leaks, which makes me feel uncomfortable in visiting this whole website because I'm one of those people. Serebii.net should treat Pokémon Masters EX like they do main series gamesconsistently only post information that's officially available. So, whether on the front page or within the Pokémon Masters EX sub-site, will you please stop exposing upcoming sync pairs and trainers in Pokémon Masters EX until after they're officially announced on at least the Japanese Pokémon Masters EX Twitter account? Also, will you please quit using leaks as sources to reveal newly expanded sync grids, new grid skills, new moves, etc.? The Japanese Pokémon Masters EX Twitter account shows off move names, trainer moves, some grid skills, and now even Level 130 stats and passive skills of upcoming sync pairs; please use that account as a source instead. Thank you.

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Front-page news about Pokémon Masters EX is more respectful than before, but the news still occasionally shows data-mined material before they get officially revealed, and I believe that all whom edit the Pokémon Masters EX sub-site ignored all my previous feedback about this game. Some people on the Pokémon Masters EX committee are insensitive to those whom want to avoid leaks, which makes me feel uncomfortable in visiting this whole website because I'm one of those people. Serebii.net should treat Pokémon Masters EX like they do main series gamesconsistently only post information that's officially available. So, whether on the front page or within the Pokémon Masters EX sub-site, will you please stop exposing upcoming sync pairs and trainers in Pokémon Masters EX until after they're officially announced on at least the Japanese Pokémon Masters EX Twitter account? Also, will you please quit using leaks as sources to reveal newly expanded sync grids, new grid skills, new moves, etc.? The Japanese Pokémon Masters EX Twitter account shows off move names, trainer moves, some grid skills, and now even Level 130 stats and passive skills of upcoming sync pairs; please use that account as a source instead. Thank you.
While I appreciate what you're saying, I do actually treat Masters EX the way I do the main series games. Once the content is coded into the game, we include it.

Take Mythical Pokémon for example, such as Zarude, even though Zarude wasn't available until August 2020, and its Caped Form until December 2020, our Pokédex included full data for it from June 17th when it was coded in, and it was in every section accordingly, despite it not being available for anyone until months later.

I do not post leaks often, but once something is in the game data, it goes on the site. This is how it has always been

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I recommend reconsidering the apparent recent decision to have video pop-up ads now appearing on every page. They are intrusive and are easy to accidentally click on.