• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I recommend reconsidering the apparent recent decision to have video pop-up ads now appearing on every page. They are intrusive and are easy to accidentally click on.
Is that happening on the site or just the forums?

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Seems to be just the forums.
Basically it was an unintended side effect of a new script, ad network informed me that it happened and I updated the script so it shouldn't happen again. The script may be in your cache still. It can be corrected with a force refresh

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Basically it was an unintended side effect of a new script, ad network informed me that it happened and I updated the script so it shouldn't happen again. The script may be in your cache still. It can be corrected with a force refresh
Thank you. I currently am not seeing them anymore. :)

While I appreciate what you're saying, I do actually treat Masters EX the way I do the main series games. Once the content is coded into the game, we include it.

Take Mythical Pokémon for example, such as Zarude, even though Zarude wasn't available until August 2020, and its Caped Form until December 2020, our Pokédex included full data for it from June 17th when it was coded in, and it was in every section accordingly, despite it not being available for anyone until months later.

I do not post leaks often, but once something is in the game data, it goes on the site. This is how it has always been
Please pardon my ignorance. I now grasp this website's consistency and will no longer challenge its mined data because of that, but may you please give warnings on at least this website's home page for when you post inaccessible game data and for which game(s) so that people like me will know when and how to tread carefully?

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I know you've (Serebii Joe) said that you don't have complete control over the IV checker, and I don't know how much you can really get done on it, but hear me out. I think one thing the IV checker could really use are stat ranges. For one example, the Pokemon you catch in dynamax adventures have four perfect IVs. It's useful to see the ranges for those Pokemon to see which stats are perfect, and which one aren't before accepting legendaries.

Edit: Changed "Pokedex" to "IV checker". I dun goofed.

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I know you've (Serebii Joe) said that you don't have complete control over the Pokedex, and I don't know how much you can really get done on it, but hear me out. I think one thing the Pokedex could really use are stat ranges. For one example, the Pokemon you catch in dynamax adventures have four perfect IVs. It's useful to see the ranges for those Pokemon to see which stats are perfect, and which one aren't before accepting legendaries.
The site's Pokédex does list this for Level 50 and Level 100. The problem is, and this is the same with every site, EVs are also shown. If I was to include it without EVs and for every level, it'd be an absolute mess

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The site's Pokédex does list this for Level 50 and Level 100. The problem is, and this is the same with every site, EVs are also shown. If I was to include it without EVs and for every level, it'd be an absolute mess
Oh sorry, I meant the IV checker.

BronzeHeart92

Let's see here... Who's here responsible for the look and contents of the pull down menus in Pokedexes for instance? Well, for whatever reason, they look kinda ugly on Firefox, having these totally superfluous borders and all. Especially since the likes of Chrome and it's ilk doesn't have them. If it's possible, it probably should be possible to tweak their appearance so that they can look alright on FF as well. Just a minor suggestion that came to mind.

Luthor

For this page https://www.serebii.net/legendsarceus/hisuipokedex.shtml it might be worth removing Pokemon we haven't seen in game yet just because we've seen evolutionary relatives. For example Onix has bee seen in trailers but so far as far as I'm aware Steelix hasn't and while normally that would make perfect sense looking at Kleavor we might not be able to make these assumption as we can in most games.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Maybe it would be a good idea to add a page for save bonuses, like the G-Max Pikachu/Eevee, the Jirachi and Mew in BDSP, and the Shaymin and Pikachu/Eevee masks in Legends: Arceus. I would also include the Partner Pikachu/Eevee spirits you get in Smash Ultimate from Let's Go.

If we were to include slot-in bonuses, there would be those decorative items from GBA to D/P/Pt, and the Pokemon in Pokemon Dream Radar that come from Gen 4 DS games.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Maybe it would be a good idea to add a page for save bonuses, like the G-Max Pikachu/Eevee, the Jirachi and Mew in BDSP, and the Shaymin and Pikachu/Eevee masks in Legends: Arceus. I would also include the Partner Pikachu/Eevee spirits you get in Smash Ultimate from Let's Go.

If we were to include slot-in bonuses, there would be those decorative items from GBA to D/P/Pt, and the Pokemon in Pokemon Dream Radar that come from Gen 4 DS games.
That's an interesting notion for a mechanics page, I'll think it throguh and figure something out

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Pro Suggestion: What if we removed the angry button and replaced it with a disagree button?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't think either works, reactions seem to be mostly just there to give a response while being too lazy to actually add an argument or comment to the discussion. Like, if someone puts an angry or disagree reaction on my post I'm not going to care. I don't have a clue why that user put that reaction there or what their opinion is, nor do I feel pressured to chase them down and ask for it if they can't even be bothered to think for a minute on phrasing their opinion in an understandable way. If they want to express themselves the onus is on them to do the minimum effort for that, and a reaction emoji, whatever the emoji is, lacks that.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This is more of a forum suggestion, but on this topic, I don't think the angry emoji is as misused as people think.

I posted about something annoying in Smash and got an angry emoji because the person also found it annoying.
I've haven't seen it usually directed at the users themselves.

Now the laughing emoji, I have seen abused when people are trying to make serious statements.
Although you could just be saying something funny, so that part works.

Is there any possibility of the BDSP Pokemon Hideaway encounter page broken up into several smaller pages? The current page is so large it crashed Google Chrome.

Kingudora

My favourite
I would like to see a page on the new Alternate Intro encounter mechanic from BDSP (the one with a close-up on the player character before the pokémon is showed). The Pokémon encountered in this way have at least two perfect IVs, similar to Brilliant Pokémon in SwSh.

From my knowledge, the intro is also used against Legendary Pokémon (who always have at least 3 perfect IVs) or pokémon with perfect IVs through the Pokéradar, so it might just be a visual indicator that the pokémon has more than one perfect IV.

But yeah, I would love to have some insight about the Alternate Intro encounter, as to why they happen and how likely they are. It isn't that clearly signalled by the games that there is anything special about the pokémon. I've seen players who thought it was just a visual bug!

Just as you avoid placing blatant spoilers of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl on the front page, may you please not put there data-mined from Pokemon Masters EX (PMEX) that aren't yet officially announced? I can't stop you from adding those embedded secrets to the website, but please at least hide them from the home page until they're properly revealed. For example, don't blatantly reveal all sync pairs, but just state that new sync pairs have been added, add a link to them, and then only drip-feed the home page with one new sync pair at a time after PMEX's Japanese Twitter account announces it. For another example, don't say when an event is coming or when certain sync pairs are arriving until after PMEX's Japanese Twitter does so first. Plus, I believe that you have the power to edit articles, so may you please start these requests on the one posted on 24-11-2021 at 06:00 GMT / 01:00 EST? I'm asking all these to end of this website's few double standards. Thank you.

P.S. Did you know that many facts in your subsection about PMEX are untrue? If you want, I'm happy to list all the ones that I've noticed.

Last edited: