• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Suggestion Thread

J. D. Guy

Not sure where to post this, but the Berry Master on 208 and the Berry Woman in Pastoria give out more Berries then they are conventionally known to give.

The Berry Master can give out higher-numbered Berries, beyond the usual 1-30/Cherry to Nomel. Liechi is actually listed on the page, but Ganlon should be, too.

Pastoria's Berry Woman is similar, in that she can give out more than just the damage-reducing Berries. Between her and the Berry Master, I've gotten Silac and Rowap.

There may well be more of these sorts of Berries. I'm not sure what, if anything special, prompts their inclusion.

MrJechgo

How about the abilityt to zoom on screenshots, mostly for the anime captures?

I've seen a few times when the captures are much larger than usual, only to then reduce back to a thumbnail.

try87

My suggestion is the following. When you go to the character bios on the website to see which pokémon the character has newly catched, you always have to scroll down… this is kind of a pain especially when there is another section below like: at oaks lab, training, etc…

Go has caught so many pokemon, that you cant really see where the section changes (small titles). Therefore i suggest to add the newly catched pokemon always on top not inbetween sections

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
My suggestion is the following. When you go to the character bios on the website to see which pokémon the character has newly catched, you always have to scroll down… this is kind of a pain especially when there is another section below like: at oaks lab, training, etc…

Go has caught so many pokemon, that you cant really see where the section changes (small titles). Therefore i suggest to add the newly catched pokemon always on top not inbetween sections
I’d like to add to a problem I’ve been having since November. Whenever I try to load the homepage or go to a link with a lot on it, my browser keeps reloading the page repeatedly until I get a blank page saying that an error keeps happening but doesn’t state what the error is. I think it may be the ad block at the bottom of the page as I don’t have this problem if I close it fast enough or on smaller pages and I get the same problem on a couple other websites that use the same ad sponsoring blocks and only on my iPad so I think Apple products have an issue with these ads.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I’d like to add to a problem I’ve been having since November. Whenever I try to load the homepage or go to a link with a lot on it, my browser keeps reloading the page repeatedly until I get a blank page saying that an error keeps happening but doesn’t state what the error is. I think it may be the ad block at the bottom of the page as I don’t have this problem if I close it fast enough or on smaller pages and I get the same problem on a couple other websites that use the same ad sponsoring blocks and only on my iPad so I think Apple products have an issue with these ads.
That's strange. We'll look into this

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I made an unfortunate mistype the last time I mentioned this, making it look like I was talking about something else.
I will try to mention this again, but with more detail.

I don't know how much influence Serebii has with its IV checker, but one thing I don't like about it is that you have to put every stat in to get the IVs, and you cannot look up the ranges in case you want to get an estimation before crunching numbers in. I wish you could, say, if you caught a Level 50 Pikachu that is Timid, you can find out what its stats are at 0 EVs for each stat, rather than having to type a stat every time. If we could see the ranges, there are times, we may want to reset/try again because we saw the Sp. Attack stat as being too low on the range, or what not.

Once again, I don't know how much control Serebii has with it's IV calculator, as I think I heard it was outsourced.
However, if this could be adjusted, I would actually appreciate it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I made an unfortunate mistype the last time I mentioned this, making it look like I was talking about something else.
I will try to mention this again, but with more detail.

I don't know how much influence Serebii has with its IV checker, but one thing I don't like about it is that you have to put every stat in to get the IVs, and you cannot look up the ranges in case you want to get an estimation before crunching numbers in. I wish you could, say, if you caught a Level 50 Pikachu that is Timid, you can find out what its stats are at 0 EVs for each stat, rather than having to type a stat every time. If we could see the ranges, there are times, we may want to reset/try again because we saw the Sp. Attack stat as being too low on the range, or what not.

Once again, I don't know how much control Serebii has with it's IV calculator, as I think I heard it was outsourced.
However, if this could be adjusted, I would actually appreciate it.
I don't really understand what you are asking here, you need to provide stats for the calculator to be able to do anything, otherwise it won't be able to tell you anything about the IVs of your Pokémon, no matter how you program it. And seeing as the stats are literally visible in the game itself they're also quite trivial to get.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't really understand what you are asking here, you need to provide stats for the calculator to be able to do anything, otherwise it won't be able to tell you anything about the IVs of your Pokémon, no matter how you program it. And seeing as the stats are literally visible in the game itself they're also quite trivial to get.
You have to put in every stat for the Serebii IV calculator to even give you IVs. On top of that, you can’t see the range of possible stats for any given Pokémon, level and nature combination which would let you know about how high or low an IV is without having to plug the stat in every time. I would give an example, but I have limited Internet access right now.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have a new suggestion.

Since Home has been out, I've noticed that there are certain sections of the Pokedex that do not fill out completely with all the new forms.

For example, the regional forms and the different forms of Zarude. I think gender differences are automatically registered by contrast.

I was wondering if you could make a page in the Home section of the website about that.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Please get rid of the ridiculously long cooldown time between reporting forum posts. This forum gets SO MUCH SPAM and often dozens at a time, and reporting all of it with that cooldown takes ages.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Please get rid of the ridiculously long cooldown time between reporting forum posts. This forum gets SO MUCH SPAM and often dozens at a time, and reporting all of it with that cooldown takes ages.
Yes, I know.. You may have missed the Great Spam bot attack of 2011.. I didn't: I was mod at the time. The staff got Deluge of Spam bot notifications.

Here's a selection of email from the time: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhJAZbyYUCpXgctDdd85SKDWhrcD1w?e=Coddsk

That's 9 out of 17 emails of reports. All 9 of reports are for bots, in 2 hours. There's a few for the same post, mostly as I would be sleeping at 3am. There are worse days, but this is just the first lot I picked up. Now I should point out that there a 'Adbot Report Thread' thread at the bottom of the image, this was, at the time, a means for staff who couldn't clear out all the spammy messages to alert staff who could.

While it takes 10 seconds to send a report, you may want to help out by seeing if the Bot in question posts in other sub forums or add notes saying that there's other bots in same Subforums. It just make it easier for staff to find the offending post to remove them.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It doesn't take 10 seconds to send a report. The cooldown is MUCH longer than that. It's at least 30 seconds.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It's exactly 30 seconds cool down. But to be frank, that cool down is probably helpful to prevent the reports from being absolutely flooded with botted nonsense, the cool down wouldn't be any hindrance whatsoever to regular users if there weren't such a spambot problem here in the first place. I'd much rather see preventive measures being taken here that directly prevent these folks from being able to spam with throwaway accounts in the first place over making it slightly easier for us to report them.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
It doesn't take 10 seconds to send a report. The cooldown is MUCH longer than that. It's at least 30 seconds.
Then you've not read some of those reports.. Quite a few of them are short, as in 1 word reports.

Mind you, Serebii was using a different forum back then. I thought it was 60 Second lock out. I could ban bots faster than someone could report the bots.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm not a mod here, but this is technically the Serebii.net suggestion thread, not the one for the forums.

Also, I believe mods are well aware of unwarranted ads popping up on the forums. They usually get deleted within a reasonable time frame.

This conversation popped up somewhere else, and the multiple reports clog up the reports mods get. I wouldn't even necessarily report them unless they are deeply problematic (spreading misinformation or hate) or there are so many of them, that they fill up a page or so.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
A lot of them recently have been REALLY offensive, especially the ones about call girls.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm talking something more along the lines of doxxing people or spreading lies about minority groups.

I think if they are just something stupid like that, the mods will eventually take care of it.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Since we've got SV-native Shiny pics for all new Pokemon, could we get them for all returning old Pokemon, too? (Excluding the ones that physically can't be in the game yet until HOME gets updated, of course)

matteeeo91

It would be very useful to add a list of abilities with out-of-battle effects (such as Compound Eyes or Magnet Pull). I know these effects are described in the page of each ability, but unless one knows about them, checking every single ability is a hassle.
Having a dedicated list would be nicer.