• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net turns 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Wow, I'd have never guessed that the site was 10 years old. Where does time go, eh?

Happy Birthday, SPP!

ZFXZFX

I'm 10 Months older than this site! I'M OLDER THAN A WEBSITE! I still feel so left out of the conversations these people are having...

Happy B-Day SPP!

muumajii23

Woot!

xD I feel like I missed a lot because I got here so late...

I just came here for DP... xD

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I dunno, that international taco day seems a lot more important...

HB Serebii.net. You make a cute ten-year-old.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Well Happy birthday Serebii, although I could have sworn we had an birthday already, time really has flown by though

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I am pleased to say I've been here since the R/S coverage in 2002. Joined the forums in late 2004 and have been here ever since. Serebii continues to be my only real source for Pokemon news, information and everything in between and I think it will continue to be that way.

Long live Serebii!

Trillian

The hoopy frood
What are you talking about? The cake isn't a lie. You just don't get to get any :p.

Yeah, it's been said, but I'll say it too! Bonne Fête Serebii.net!!!

Aw, no cake? :( S'pose I'll just have to make do with a chocolate muffin! :p

If we're speaking in tongues (and more importantly, to keep this post on topic) - Buon compleanno to serebii, and massive thanks to everyone who's contributed and helped keep the site running for the past ten years.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Ah SPP :] You're old now arent you?

Been a pleasure and an honor being apart of this sight for 1/5 of its lifetime. Heres to another ten years.

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
Wow, ten years... Happy Birthday, SPP!

Now for Birthday Punches!

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
As it's now the 21st in some areas of the world, I figure I'll post this

October 21st 2009, a seemingly meaningless date;
-Apple Day in the UK
-The celebration of the victory at the Battle of Trafalgar
-The international day of the taco.
However, on this day, just 10 years ago, the website which grew into Serebii.net was born during a simple lunchtime at secondary school.

Since then, it has grown into the world's biggest and most popular Pokémon site, and most trainers’ first stop for new game news, the best game coverage and some of the best and most comprehensive Pokédexes around. Let's mark a few noteworthy dates down

October 21st 1999;
Created as Joe's Pokémon Page on Geocities
Sometime in Early December 1999;
Changed to Serebii's Pokémon Page
March 2000;
Site accidentally deleted
September 5th 2000;
Serebii.net domain purchased and Serebii's Pokémon Page name demolished (SPP now stands for Serebii.net. Two silent Ps)
September 19th 2001;
Site blows up a server. Down until February 2002
2002;
Early Coro Coro scans courtesy of our old friend and ex-staff member Latios and later Coronis brought us fully into the public eye
November 2002;
With RS coverage coming quickly in through Serebii.net, another server bites until March 2003
January 2004;
FireRed & LeafGreen coverage gets us more noticed
September 2004;
Emerald coverage gets us even more recognition
August 2005;
The first dynamic system on Serebii.net opens; Our updated Pokédex and Attackdex
2006;
Pre-Diamond & Pearl stuff appears and eyes turn to us again
September 2006;
Diamond & Pearl coverage by myself & Coronis quickly shows us to be the quickest and best for the details
December 2006 - March 2007;
Exclusive reveals of many Pokémon names arrive and later on April 1st, everything else DP related
April 2007;
Diamond & Pearl's US release comes out and we reach over 400,000 unique visitors in a single day
September 2008;
Quick & Intensive Platinum Coverage
November 2008;
Pokéarth released
January 2009;
Serebii.net Animédex Created
June 2009;
Serebii.net returns to the TCG fray after a 4 year hiatus
September 2009;
After many weeks of anticipation and build up, our HGSS coverage is well received by all and still ongoing. While other sites stopped after a week, we continue on and will still continue until we have found every tiny detail
October 2009;
Serebii.net turns 10

Some could say this is full circle, what with us opening just prior to Gold & Silver's release in Japan and the remakes for Gold & Silver having just been released.

Well, here's to 10 years of glorious success and hopefully several more. I'll be doing this until it bores me; luckily I can manage both my life and this and still keep to our high level of excellence.

What's left for the future? Well there's the top secret Project Valhalla that I intend to get up before HeartGold/SoulSilver's US release and a lot more planned

Geesh, Serebii, you're not really being humble...Kidding, kidding!

The international day of the taco? What are we doing celebrating this?!?!?

And woohoo! 10 great years of Pokemon awesomeness, and hopefully many more to come! With luck, I'll be here to celebrate Serebii.net's 100th Birthday, too! Thanks, Serebii Joe. Without you, the Pokemon world would be just a little bleaker...Not to mention the fact that we'd all be relying on Bulbapedia. *Shudder*

So, basically, Happy Birthday, Serebii.net!

eevee worshiper

Evil She Demon ^_~
CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's too 10 long years :D

SmartD

That's really awesome. 10 years, it's really that long. I always go to website ever since I stumbled upon it; now it's one of my favorite websites. Happy Birthday, SPP!

Peter Quill

star-lord
The international day of the taco seems more important then this. :rolleyes:

But in the spirit, Happy birthday SPP :)

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Wow... I never knew you guys were around for that long! Anyways, happy birthday and lots of congrats to the site! I hope the future continues to shine bright for SPP. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.