• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net turns 15!

I know im late but happy 15th Serebii. Im a year older than this site lol

Nodame

Misty <3
Happy birthday! Lol I remember when I first came here freaking out and asking about Misty. I was spamming with angry writing style the whole time. Funny though because I'm still a Misty stan, but thank god I've matured lol

Last edited:

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Super Late but whatever....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEREBII!!!!

Shadow_Hunter

Sneak Thief
Happy Birthday Serebii.net even if it's late, I have used the site for many years now and I hope the website lives for a long time.

Psychic

Really and truly
There are members of this forum who weren't born when the website started. Way to make us all feel old.
Came here to say exactly this.

I just realized that when I first discovered Serebii.net, Ruby and Sapphire were just coming out. Looks like things have come full-circle with ORAS.

Reisuke

Apparently i died
Happy birthday serebii.net and that many years may come

Happy 15th birthday serebii.net! such an amazing site.
Without serebii I'd suck at playing pokemon. I love u.

corpy

Blackest-Mamba
Hmm just realized that 15 years ago I just got pokemon Red and a gameboy color for my 10th birthday.

Ever since I found this site I've used it as my go to source for everything pokemon related. Happy belated 15th birthday and keep up the great work!

Togia

The Gawd
15 years, wow. What a long way this site has come. Keep up the good work!

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
No way! This site is THAT old! Cool!

Happy Anniversary!

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Really? It's 15 years old? That means I joined... two years in. Wow. Now I feel old. I'm so glad I found Serebii, though. I've taken long breaks from it, but I keep coming back. Without it, I never would've met people who were just as obsessed with shipping as I was... It was so great to find people who I could talk with about it; we helped each other out a lot. And I'm so glad I got to share my love for the characters I ship here! I think it would've been a waste if I hadn't. And in the fanfic I'm working on now, I'm getting to share my own characters. Well, I suppose I would've done that, anyway, in different stories, but... changing the context does change the character, and besides, their relationships to the canon characters are important to me. Yep, I'd be a different person without Serebii!

EDIT: No, wait, I joined 5 years in. ...I still feel old.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I vaguely remember coming here even before my reg date, I remember the forums constantly getting deleted back then for some reason? Back then the site itself was also constantly down, must have been hard to keep an internet running back in 2001-2002, huh? :p

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I vaguely remember coming here even before my reg date, I remember the forums constantly getting deleted back then for some reason? Back then the site itself was also constantly down, must have been hard to keep an internet running back in 2001-2002, huh? :p

Yeah, back in 2004 the forum server died and the backup was corrupted so we had to start over.

As for the site, when Ruby & Sapphire came out, hits spiked (it's a mere fraction of what we get in an hour now) which caused the server to crap out and we were no longer welcome to be hosted, so had to find a new place. It was down for over 6 months.

Illusione-Tempus

Why are all major events on 21st of October? I was in the middle of mourning for my Milotic that day so I didn't bother visiting Pokemon sites that day.

But still, a belated Happy Birthday to SPPf! I remember discovering the site back at 2007. It was also one of the first sites I've ever been, and I'm still sticking around 'til now.

When I look at my join date (despite lurking around the forums for a bit before joining), it's almost 6 years since I first join, with the 6th anniversary coming up next month. Also, apparently I still have all those wallpapers from the advent calendar since 2008. Ah man, I feel old now.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Whenever I'm looking for answers, "Serebii" pops up, so thank you for all your effort.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
You know, I don't think I went onto Serebii.net the first time for Pokemon information. I remember way back that I used it to look at the "Congratulations pictures" for Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Thanks for all of your hard work over the past decade-and-a-half, Joe. Although I've only been apart of the forums for three and a half years, I've been keeping up with the news since 2007 when Diamond and Pearl were new to America. I'm looking forward to what you'll be bringing us in the future!