• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Friday: New Pok#233;mon Game in 2010

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

28-01-2010- 08:12 GMT / 03:12 EST by Serebii This update will be updated throughout the day. Since Heart Gold #38; Soul Silver have been released, the Chatroom #38; WiFi Chatroom have been booming with discussion #38; trade respectively so be sure to visit ...

More...

Avieure

I didn't really understand that translation very well. I'm curious; why do you say that?

EDIT: ...Nevermind. Missed the heading, somehow. Geez. Maybe it's a turn of phrase that doesn't mean the same thing in English, though.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Wat.
Hopefully, /BUT/, no two generations thus far have had the same amount of hand held main series rpgs.

It's either 5th gen or a revisit to Hoenn. I almost garuntee it.

If it's 5th gen and on the DS, it'll likely be able to trade with 4th gen, it likely means we are getting a "DS Color" soon that'll have slightly better graphics when the 5th gen games are played on it, and it will hopefully continue the sprite art style (I really don't want 3D yet).

Likely possibilities:
-Series reboot, or above the Johto/Kanto mountains
-"PBR2"-type game released very soon afterwards
-at least 107 new Pokemon?

Anyways, I sure hope this is a new generation. Next-gen revealing season is always so much fun.

"Pocket Monsters Completely New Series in Developement for 2010!"
"New game and new Pokemon"
"You will be reborn in all innovative"
That last line scares me. Please not Pokemon GX 5Ds Wii. But, there's always a major battle change. Definately not fusions, hopefully not a gameplay changer but a metagame changer. That being said, Delta Species would be very awesome.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I also hope for A GenV game or R/S remake.It clearly said something about ''new pokemon''.And going on pattern,This year is a year for a new gen.
R/G=1996
G/S=1999
R/S=2002
D/P=2006
GenV untitled games=2010.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Bricks will be shat between now and the announcement of the new game. That is all.

Skirgedot

Are Nintendo DS sales still going strong?

I don't mind having the game again on DS. I just hope they don't become some kind of flop. Pokémon has everything needed to easily endure itself for the next 20 generations.

Other than that, I can't wait to know what's coming. 2010 is going to be an awesome year.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
This news is.....spectacularly batshit insane on Gamefreak's side. I cannot, will not, and shall not cave into the idea of gen 5, with gen 4, becoming a jumbled mess with each other like gen 1 and 2 where, cause that was still the beginning. People are also ignoring many, many many factors. Original can be a very misleading word, seeing how this is gamefreak and the Pokemon company in general, the same people who came up with a ****ing spiky eared pichu. The anime isn't over yet for the main series, and the league will be over by august. That late, and the 5th gen on the brink? NO. I'm not saying its MC, but its very likely. I mean with this, we know now that the 5th gen will be out 2012, THE EARLIEST.

Said this over on BMGf and I'm saying it here.

Dannytoge

信じる!
As stated, Pokemon gold and silver first debuted on the game boy colour even though they could be played on the game boy. Perhaps this is a simular pattern, but with the dsi , i mean the dsi has new features that the ds or ds light does not have that could be implemented. But still i will be skeptical, I have been let down before, allthough my hopes are for a 5th Gen and the little clues we have point to a fifth gen , I will not be suprised if this ends up being a new dungeon game with cameo appearences of new pokemon.

I hope Game Freak isnt just trolling us and is actually going to provide a 5ht gen, 4th gen has been around for too long and to the point where i'm starting to lose interest in pokemon.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
If they do make GenV for the Ds,It would break the pattern for a new gen on a new handheld system.They probally did it,because that the Ds is one popluar system.I hope that one of the new pokemon be introduced in Phantom Champion Z.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir/?p=237
Yeah I was just given this link, forget what I said. Masuda wants to surpass DP with this(these?) games and he'll be on PS with news for it('em?) so....damn. We really are on the brink of a new gen.
The summary for the Pokémon Sunday episode just indicates that Z's identity will be revealed...seriously, don't expect much

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Brb shitting bricks. But damn, Gen. 5..

though that makes me worried a bit for the anime. Yes, I know anime=/=games, but if this is true, the anime would need to rush to keep up with the constant flow of games. Thus, Torterra and Infernape will evolve quickly, perhaps the same for Gible, and then almost immediately be released/Oak'd. And the BF (or whatever they choose to do, if anything) will seem rushed as well.

Bleh. ><

But for the games...I'm pumped. Really pumped. I predict they'll hit Japan around the same time HG/SS were released last year, and thus March of next year for other countries.

dudleyspud

Master of Disguise
I'd like a Pokemon Yellow type game for the Wii(Colosseum and XD were horrid) but seeing as it states DS that won't be happening... yet.

Andy787

Bricks will be shat between now and the announcement of the new game. That is all.

And if it DOES turn out to be a 5th generation in the end, I can picture thousand's of fanboys screaming at the top of their lungs "I TOLD YOU SO!!"

I'm just hoping that this'll be a re-visit to the Hoenn saga.