• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Friday: New Pok#233;mon Game in 2010

SudovVoOdO

The afro is powerful
I really hope some 'NEW' pokémon will be introduced and not some crappy evolutions... *looking at his smilies*;476;

Rannoyin

sing your story
I don't know about a new generation just yet. Gamefreak must of still been working on HgSs a year ago, right? I think the 5 gen's gonna take a little longer to develope than the time between that and now. And Gamefreak was recently looking for 3d designers, so I think that may of been signs of develoment coming. Also, we still haven't seen any new Pokemon (as of yet), and there's usually a period of cameos before the gen release. But I can't really tell any more. It may be a "new series" of spinoffs that show some new Pokemon.

I also think a RS remake is faaar too early. :/ If it is any sort of main game release, Id guess it to come out in winter for time's sake, but Pokemon doesn't like giving details anymore till the last minute.

Aaaagh I don't know. x___x

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I agree that the R/S remakes are little early for.They just recently came out with G/S remakes last year for Japan.I think it would be GenV games.Rember the last seasons of the AG,First,the end the Hoenn league and then statred with the Battle frointer in the 8th season.Based on this,Season 12 will end with the start of the BF2 and Season 13 will end the BF2.I hope to see the GenV anime to air for Season 14.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
I'd expect R/S remakes around March 2013; 10 years after R/S' first release. But it does give time for the first two gen. 5 games to come. Maybe a third if it goes like gen. 4. very anxious, I am.

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
The only way I can see it being the 5th gen is if they have been working on it's since they finished DPP. The last one at least and just been keeping it hidden till now. Recently it seems like that would with the movie and the two new plushes. It hasn't been confirmed if they are New plush pokemon or new pokemon plushes right. So there is hints I really hope it's like ranger was some random spin off but maybe it's a typical pokemon game told from the manga perspective or maybe ur rivals and you can go thru the all 4 regions it's a thought. Maybe just shinnoh, kanto and jotho for now. I don't want it to be 5th yet cause by sept they are going to be in the BF and the league will be rushed.

evandeck

Remember that Generation IV was announced 2 years before the game got released. So Gen V may come out in 2 years.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Uh,They said it would be realeased later this year.And for the R/S remakes,It would come in late 2012 for Japan and early 2013 for America.

Martyrdom

You Found...Me.....
would I be a little too hopeful in hoping that the Gen V games (if they are) can go to all regions? Even if you have to nerf the leveling process to do it? Or what Ash does in the anime by "Oak"ing his Pokemon every season and you getting a new starter pokemon; placing a level cap on what team members you can use that were caught in other regions and the cap is taken off by winning gym badges. Anyone?

lansbury9

Don't get your hopes up. It might well be set in the Hoenn region, as we have yet to see all GB regions on DS yet. If so, bring on Enigma EMERALD. If it's a gen V, the games will be an Orange and Turquoise color. The hero's starter would be a fire-type like in GSC/HGSS, as generation V is the 2nd after DPt. It might still be too early for that though--they usually wait for the next handheld generation. Also... from what I've read, the DSi might just be a flop the way the GB micro and *cough* GBA SP mark II were...

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
DSi a flop? (I dont track sales so IDK) Its too early for a R/S remake we JUST had/not even gotten yet a G/S remake.

Besides G/S was compatable with the orignal game boy IIRC.

mysteryperson

Unknown Trainer
It seems way too early for a R/S remake. It seems like a lot of things point toward the games being 5th gen, such as the movie merchandise and Pokemon Sunday revealing the key Pokemon. Also, we have the Deoxys from Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light that has a "secret". If the RPG isn't a 5th gen game, then we'd probably see a lot of in-game events for that game, 3-6 (we don't know if the Pokeball image projector, the plushies, and the key Phantom Ruler Z Pokemon are related) would be too many events/new formes for one non-gen 5 game at this time.

lansbury9

The precedent for the canon is this: (not counting remakes) gen 1: Red chooses a grass-type starter. gen 2: (sequel to previous) Gold chooses fire. Then Battle Red. gen 3: Brendan chooses water. End of Game Boy and DS starts. gen 4: Lucas chooses grass. gen 5!! (future sequel to DP) ??? chooses fire. Battle Lucas. Actually DSi-compatible so that the graphics aren't too shoddy. What it said on the Game Freak website sounds speculative on their part. Ties in to back when Gold and Silver were in development. *wants a beta version* Re-born in all-innovative?! Yay battle-with-Lucas! And BARRY you dumb Bulbapedia. Emerald re-jig should happen before the 5th gen console game, and INCLUDE the Sevii islands already! If you dis-believe the thing I said about re-battling Lucas, (or WHATEVER you named him) there is this Ace Trainer up north in Sinnoh (sorry I can't remember where) who says this: "even if you're the BEST TRAINER IN SINNOH" Red much? The new games will probably be called Amber and Topaz. (unless a fan has took it already as a hack)