• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: New Games Coming? + Episode Titles

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

We have had a busy two weeks, right after a news drought. Plus, we have Pokémon Rumble Blast coming in Japan next week, lots to do. This update may be ammended throughout the day
With the first summer since the release of Generation V about to begin, the Chatroom & WiFi Chatroom have been a major hub for discussion & trade respectively so be sure to visit them. Our Forums have also been fixed of all problems and have a bustling trade and competitive section for the games.
Last Update: 11:47 BST
Edit @ 11:47; Episode Titles

In The Games Department

More Pokémon Games coming soon?

In the newest Famitsu magazine, an interview with the head of The Pokémon Company, Tsunekazu Ishihara, has revealed that there are more games in the works beyond Pokémon Rumble Blast this year. In the interview, he stated that there are plans for games which surprise the players in the near future. He stated that they also intend to continue support for the Nintendo DS while pushing forward with support with the Nintendo 3DS. Full details about the games were not confirmed, but when we get information, it will be posted on the site.

Maxim

Beyond repair
If Ishihara announces a "surprising" Pokemon game and juxtaposes it with Rumble Blast, then nothing good can come from this. Call me a whiner but to me this is just a foretelling of more unworthwhile spin-offs.

We'll have to wait really long time for the first Pokemon Wii-U title. And I'm not sure if it'll be worth waiting.

The Fifth Generation seems to be the generation of low-quality spinoffs. Stadium Series, TCG Series, Orre Series... WE MISS U!

Gelu

I'm thinking that if they are spin offs, they'll end up being PMD games and having one released for the DS and the other for the 3DS.
If they aren't spin offs, then go ahead and call me one of those "surprised players."

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
If Ishihara announces a "surprising" Pokemon game and juxtaposes it with Rumble Blast, then nothing good can come from this. Call me a whiner but to me this is just a foretelling of more unworthwhile spin-offs.

We'll have to wait really long time for the first Pokemon Wii-U title. And I'm not sure if it'll be worth waiting.

The Fifth Generation seems to be the generation of low-quality spinoffs. Stadium Series, TCG Series, Orre Series... WE MISS U!
One spinoff which isn't out yet and you call it poor quality? All he said regarding Rumble is that these games are after it.

Stop being so negative

Radlin

He Returns.
From what I understand, I'm guessing that the new games could be the 3rd game to the Black and White series, Pokemon Gray, the remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, and altough I doubt it, the remakes of Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green. If i'm right, then I guess I saw into the future.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
From what I understand, I'm guessing that the new games could be the 3rd game to the Black and White series, Pokemon Gray, the remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, and altough I doubt it, the remakes of Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green. If i'm right, then I guess I saw into the future.

I don't think its any of those.

Unless they've had it planned since developing Black and White, a third version would be too soon - Platinum came out 2 years after Diamond and Pearl, the same with Emerald. If they will do a 3rd version, they won't announce it until probably early next year. Not only do they update the graphics slightly (and working all in a 3D environment and then rendering it D: ) but they also have to improve programming, add new events, plot points, maybe new characters, etc.

Ruby and Sapphire remakes I think would be too soon. They spent a great deal of time making this new generation distinct from all others before so I'd think they'd want to keep as much focus on Unova for as long as possilbe. Not to mention, remakes are always aesthetically distinct from the original entries, and I don't think a year is enough time to make enough of a difference, at least not when you're working with 3D environments.

Its most likely either a PMD or Ranger entry that introduces the new Unova Pokemon. Those seem to be the only popular spin-off titles and the new Pokemon haven't been featured in those titles, although I won't rule out a Stadium-like entry for the Wii, but I personally believe they'll wait until the release of the Wii-U for that.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

If they are going to make more PMD Games and have Generation V Pokémon in it (that would be pretty good) and they do paired versions, I'm hoping one is for the DS and the other is for the 3DS, like with Blue & Red Rescue Team.

Seeing some more Ranger Games would be cool as well. I'm wondering if they are still planning more Pokémon Wii Games. Iwata said they were planning more way back in January.

rocky505

Slim chance of being a main game. But they did say it would surprise us so who knows.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
If it would be a main stream game (which is unlikely in my opinion), I think the likely candidate would be the ruby and sapphire remakes or something completely out of the blue. Pokemon Chrome is the most unlikely because as someone mentioned it is too soon.

As for a spinoff I think PMD is the most likely option and the most likely option overall. This is because Pokemon ranger:Guardian Signs only came out recently and we havent had a PMD in ages and the DS, 3DS dual game sounds excellent :D.

However, it could be something completely out of the blue like a wii game or something else.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Well, I hope it be a remake of Ruby and Sapphire or a third game of Black and white since I enjoy remakes and third version games.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Well, I hope it be a remake of Ruby and Sapphire or a third game of Black and white since I enjoy remakes and third version games.

I want the remake.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
If they are going to make more PMD Games and have Generation V Pokémon in it (that would be pretty good) and they do paired versions, I'm hoping one is for the DS and the other is for the 3DS, like with Blue & Red Rescue Team.

Pretty much this. I'd be willing to bet good money that it's either a PMD game or something new.

When is there gonna be another event in NA?

Most likely when we get the movie.

Aquanova

Im willing to bet because of the way it was worded that this means a completely new concept for a Pokemon game. R/S remakes or Mystery Dungeon BW might be nice but somethings telling me this is something different. What that is, I cant even guess at.

Aquanova

Me too, I dont care for the spin offs, the only spin offs Ive played were Ranger: Guardian Sign and Colosseum and I lost interest in Ranger quickly( i only bought it for the wi-fi events), but maybe if it was a new kind of spin off that was interesting I might check it out, Im biased towards the main series.

I'm hoping for a Pokémon XD sequel and one of my friends wants a Pokémon Snap sequel. I won't get excited about Mystery Dungeon games, though.

Let's see what turns up in the next couple of months.