• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: New Games Coming? + Episode Titles

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
I liked pokemon XD's battle CDs so I hope they'll bring them back

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
They said they wanted to surprise the players. Why not have a pokemon yellow remake? Think about it... Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem. Electric/Fire/Ice... see the first gen resemblance?

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
That pokemon rumble blast looks awesome can't wait to buy it

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Surprise, huh? Maybe it could be a Pokémon: ReBURST game? That would surprise me, seeing as how different it is to the Pokémon norm. If a game could be made about Pokémon Rangers, then I'm pretty sure they could also make a ReBURST game... Although I have no idea how it could be done. I would so buy that day one.

A new PMD game with 5th Pokémons would also be sweet and a day one purchase for me. And yes, having two versions of the new PMD on different platforms like what Red and Blue Rescue Team would also be awesome for those who haven't invested on a 3DS yet.

srullic

You know it actually could be an RS remake.
In the interview the Pokemon company guy said they are going to keep supporting the DS. Why would they do that? The 3DS is already out, why would they make spin-off games for an old handled when they have a new one they want to promote?
It will make more sense to do it for the main games. BW's graphics just doesn't fit for the 3DS, with all the pixels (as much as I like sprites). They might need to update the graphics if they want to make future games to be on the 3DS, so it seems more reasonable to make them for the DS (maybe with extra features 3DS exclusie).
Anyway, that's the only reason I can find for them to keep supporting the DS.
If that's so, that means a new DS product might come out in the near future, meaning a new main game!
It also fits with the time. Between the release of RS and FRLG there's only a 14-month gap. If a new game will come around at this time, then first bits of news about it should surface some 5 months earlier (it's 11 months since BW was released).
And it also makes sense. They wouldn't want a 3rd version to come out this early, we've just played BW. If they'll release the remakes now, it will distract everyone from their BWs, and by time the 3rd version is released everyone will forget they ever owned the games and rush to buy it. And also I don't think Nintendo would want the 5th gen to last as long as the last one (4 years, longer than any other).

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
I'd rather have an Emerald remake becuase you get to fight Team Magma and Team Aqua. Plus I really like Emerald its my Pokemon favorite game.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
In the newest Famitsu magazine, an interview with the head of The Pokémon Company, Tsunekazu Ishihara, has revealed that there are more games in the works beyond Pokémon Rumble Blast this year. In the interview, he stated that there are plans for games which surprise the players in the near future. He stated that they also intend to continue support for the Nintendo DS while pushing forward with support with the Nintendo 3DS. Full details about the games were not confirmed, but when we get information, it will be posted on the site.

If those are the Hoenn remakes, I will be happy. If those are the PMD games, I'll also be happy.

R/S/E were, in my opinion, the best of the bunch, and the PMD games are seriously some of the best spin-offs I've played.

Man, I hope the Hoenn remakes will be supported on the DS...

Nebbio

NINJA!
If those are the Hoenn remakes, I will be happy. If those are the PMD games, I'll also be happy.

R/S/E were, in my opinion, the best of the bunch, and the PMD games are seriously some of the best spin-offs I've played.

Man, I hope the Hoenn remakes will be supported on the DS...

I will be pissed.

I doubt it will be remakes though.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
I will be pissed.

I doubt it will be remakes though.

What do you expect them to be? From previous experience, all two generations of it, it'll either be a spin-off, which won't be as popular as the main game, some remakes or PMD. I'm guessing you've never played PMD, which is a shame.

Point is, we don't know what it is, so we're just gonna have to wait and see.

altariaking

SPPF is friendly.
I'm really hoping for an R/S/E remake, and if it isn't for DSi I'll be so pissed off.
Sapphire was my first mainstream Pokemon game, and I love the Hoenn region and its Pokemon. There are so many hints towards a remake too.
However, I don't think it will be released until next year. In Japan. Then we won't get it because we'll all die at the end of December.

Nebbio

NINJA!
What do you expect them to be? From previous experience, all two generations of it, it'll either be a spin-off, which won't be as popular as the main game, some remakes or PMD. I'm guessing you've never played PMD, which is a shame.
Point is, we don't know what it is, so we're just gonna have to wait and see.

Guess again.

They were great when I was younger, I am noticing the pattern but, I can't stand them nowadays which is why I hope (even though it probably will be) not a Mystry Dungeons game.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Guess again.

They were great when I was younger, I am noticing the pattern but, I can't stand them nowadays which is why I hope (even though it probably will be) not a Mystry Dungeons game.

Suppose I can't argue with that. Apologies, it's hard to tell someone's life story on the interwebs.

All I can say is that I really hope the Hoenn remakes are supported on the DS.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Suppose I can't argue with that. Apologies, it's hard to tell someone's life story on the interwebs.

All I can say is that I really hope the Hoenn remakes are supported on the DS.

That was unecessary. If you think that is my life story you are very sadly mistaken.

Alothough I do agree with what you said below.

Psychic

Really and truly
Considering that he said "there are plans for games which surprise the players," I don't think it would be something we would expect, like a spin-off series sequel we already know such as Ranger or PMD. I like to imagine an R/S remake on the way, but it seems early for that, and as mentioned I'm sure they want to stay focused on Unova for as long as possible. Grey/Chrome also seems a little early, so something completely different seems most likely, considering that it's supposed to be "surprising."

Either way, I'd be interested in something new, so I hope they follow through and surprise me. :>

~Psychic

briguin

Dr. Geek
As cool as it'd be... I don't want Gray to come out this year. I just got White after a week of annoying my parents, and I don't want a third version until I finish one of the first two. A new PMD or Ranger would be interesting, with all the new Pokemon from Unova.

But from what he said about "Surprising players" and whatnot, he may be referring to a new type of spin-off. A Pokemon version of Mario Kart (Pokemon Kart ;)) is an unlikley but possible canidate.

Also, there's a chance of hinting 6th gen pokemon in a game. Hey, they've done it before in XD with Bonsly and Munchlax, so you never know.

These are just some ideas on some other "Surprises". If you think differently, I don't care as I know I'm probally wrong.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Personally, I'm hoping for either an (unlikely) Orre sequel or, better yet, something like Orre in that it uses the same battle mechanics and such as the main-series but has a plot that's unrelated to the badge-quest style of the main games. It wouldn't have to be Shadow Pokemon again, just something different. I feel the inclusion of games like that help flesh out the Pokemon world by allowing it to effectively exist with the same base universe (due to the same mechanics in play and connectivity with the main-series) but an alternative to the "usual" story that allows you to see the different roles trainers can aspire to in the Pokemon world.

Last edited:

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Well this does indeed sound very interesting. Hmmm....what if it's a game in which has a sort-of Mystery Dungeon game that uses the battle mechanics of Rumble? Though with level up and moves included. Another thing that I would guess at (likely very impossible but meh) is a Pokemon game that plays like Advance Wars or Fire Emblem. (not entirely sure exactly what the game style is called. Someone help me out here? Please? Pretty please? 0w0)

Silly people, the third game won't be Gray or Chrome. First we have Black and White, then it'll be Red all over again. :p

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I really hope they Remake Ruby and Sapphire as I love those games. I also hope they release them onto DS and not favor the 3DS.