• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: New Pokémon Game? + Japanese Cover Pokémon Event + US & Japanese

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net Update: New Pokémon Game? + Japanese Cover Pokémon Event + US & Japanese

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

If you have any ideas for the site during the news lull, don't hesitate to send them in
With the first summer since the release of Generation V close to ending, the Chatroom & WiFi Chatroom have been a major hub for discussion & trade respectively so be sure to visit them. Our Forums have also been fixed of all problems and have a bustling trade and competitive section for the games.
Last Update: 11:44 BST
Edit @ 08:37; Gliscor Password | Edit @ 09:08; New Pokémon Game? | Edit @ 11:44; Emboar Japanese Password

In The Games Department

New Pokémon Game? - Unconfirmed

According to various reports, notably from David Gibson who attended it, during Nintendo's Financial Results Briefing today, a new Pokémon game was listed for release in Japan this Spring. No details were revealed about this game, as to whether it's a spin-off game or a main series gamebut we'll bring details about this game, including confirmation as it's not listed in the details on the official site, as soon as possible.

vote.jpg

In The Games Department

Pokémon Black & White - Japanese Promotion

Japan is starting to run a promotion for the new giveaway. This promotion is to have players vote for the Pokémon they desire to be distributed during a special event next February. The Pokémon that are included within this poll are all the cover Pokémon from every game in the last 15 years; Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Pikachu, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Suicune, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram and Zekrom. Voting lasts from November 12th to December 25th while the giveaway lasts February 10th 2012 to February 27th 2012. We'll bring more details including how and where to vote, as soon as possible

In The Games Department

Pokémon Rumble Blast - Passwords

Another new password has been revealed for the US version of Pokémon Rumble Blast. This password, given in the Nintendo Channel, gives access to a special Gliscor. This Gliscor has the trait; Effective which increases damage from a Super Effective move, is around 1400 in strength and knows the Bug-type move; X-Scissor. The password is; 9625-7845
Edit: In addition to this, a new Japanese one has been released by the Daisuki Club. This password is for an Emboar with Fire Boost +. It has Heat Crash and is around 2100 in strength. Its password is; 8902-7356

-- Delivered by Feed43 service

More...

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
It BETTER be a new Mystery Dungeon game.

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
Spring release in Japan may narrow the chances of it being a main game, as the Main games are usally September.

Geekachu

Nidoking's right- I doubt it'd be a main series game. It's a small comparison, but if we look at DPP, Diamond and Pearl were released in Sept '06 (Japan), with details of Platinum first emerging in March '08. If we were to expect another main series game, we should be waiting until about Spring next year for details at the least, not a release. Plus there's the fact that for their main series releases, GF tend to do around a seven month run-up until release. If it was a main series game, we would have got details by now. Nevertheless, something to anticipate.

Following the patterns, a main game should be released a month ago.
Patterns have been broken.

The main pattern of reference here is the fourth gen, since it's the most recent. In reference to my post, the pattern dictates that a new main series game would be released next September, not the September just gone.

Last edited:

BCVM22

You better be kidding.

How dare someone like those things that you don't like.

You're the one who should be kidding, the way you foam at the mouth any time anyone dares praise one of the side titles.

Sure haven't. Two years since the initial pair to open a generation is the modern standard, for the most part. Two years since Black and White won't be until another year from right now. Ain't no patterns been broken. Look harder next time.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

Sure haven't. Two years since the initial pair to open a generation is the modern standard, for the most part. Two years since Black and White won't be until another year from right now. Ain't no patterns been broken. Look harder next time.

Yeah, every main game since Emerald (2004) has been released in Japan in September. They could go back to releasing them other months, but that's not likely. (But I wouldn't mind.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I hope its a main series game (Grey) but it is more likely to be another spin-off game so I wouldn't get my hopes high in case I get disappointed. I don't think Ruby and Sapphire remakes would come out since they have just done the HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes before Black and White but who knows? They might surprise us.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I looked at the pattern and compared it to that of the Japanese version of middle-of-the-road(connectable with main games and/or uses data within main games, but not really a main game) pokemon spinoff games, and I think I found that the new game is not likely to be a main series game, but rather a middle-of-the-road pokemon spinoff(middle-of-the-road means not any worthless spinoff that cannot connect to a main series game for any purpose. Spinoffs in pokemon that cannot connect to main series games include, but are not limited to: Pokepark, Hey You Pikachu/Channel-esque(Pikachu-focused game), Mystery Dungeon, etc.), meaning the new game is likely to be either a new Pokemon Ranger series entry(can connect to main game for purposes of giving set pokemon not native to the ranger region involved to Trainers(main game player)), maybe another Pokemon Box(this one for B/W, last version(Ranch) is not compatible with non-Japanese platinum and all language copies of hg/ss, idea debut version(Gen III) released in May '03 in japan, and Ranch released approximately 4 years and 10 months later), or even a new Stadium/Battle Revolution-esque game(first Stadium game released in April of 1999, but every pokemon middle-of-the-road game released after it so far, including subsequent stadium-esque incarnations, and excluding Box and the three Ranger games(as those four were released in a spring month), was not actually released in any spring month to Japanese gamers), but given it's just a guess at this point, I don't know if I'm right on that mark, but what do you think?

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

He said September, not every September.

Since it says a new game is coming, I would guess the following:
Third version, Ranger, or a new Wii/Wii U game.

A Pokemon Wii title is already being released in like 2 weeks, so it isn't that.

I assume it is a Ranger installment. The first 3 were released in Spring in Japan, not to mention Gen V Pokemon obviously haven't made their debut yet in this side-series.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Although I wish it'd be a new shadow pokemon game, it probably wont be because of how long its been since XD was released. Still, I hope its at least a RPG for the wii or wii U.

If it isn't, oh well, I'll most likely get it anyway. lol

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
There's been a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game come out every 2 years. 2005 for PMD Red and Blue, 2007 for PMD Explorers of Time and Darkness and 2009 for PMD Explorers of Sky and also PMD WiiWare (Not released internationally but it counts). So who knows...*fingers crossed*

Firebrand

Indomitable
It's likely going to be a spin off. It's simply bad marketing to release a main series game so soon after Black and White. Nintendo and Game Freak will want to keep us wanting more, so most likely we'll be getting a spin off. At the moment a Mystery Dungeon game seems the likely choice.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Whatever this new game is, it's probably gonna be announced on Pokémon Smash! today. That's my prediction.
Pokémon Smash! airs at Sunday 8am JST, right?

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
I'm praying it will be R/S remakes. Or... if my one true wish comes true... Pokemon Yellow Remake (impossible, but i loved Yellow so much ;-;)

Most likely it is Gen V Ranger/PMD.

And about this voting thingy... my vote is for Rayquaza, Giratina or Suicine.