• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: New Ranger Game Announced!

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

Could this be the information from CoroCoro and Sunday? Since Heart Gold & Soul Silver have been released, the Chatroom & WiFi Chatroom have been booming with discussion & trade respectively so be sure to visit them.
Edit @ 09:25 GMT; Confirmed
Edit @ 09:31 GMT; Details being translated
Edit @ 09:55 GMT; Details finished, picture page added

In The Games Department

Pokémon Ranger - Tracks of Light

The first details of CoroCoro are starting to leak out on Japanese forums and on this blog and they seem to indicate the possibility of a new game. This game is rumoured to be called Pokémon Ranger - Tracks of Light (ポケモンレンジャー 光の軌跡), with thanks to yaminokame for translation, and is said to feature a special download of Deoxys to your Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver games. It is said that CoroCoro gave a Japanese release date of March 6th 2010. Expect more details soon as we translate CoroCoro. Please keep checking back

• The game is set in the new Oblivia Region which is a small island range
  • The evil team in this game are called the Pokémon Nappers and are led by a character called Red Eye
  • The PokéAssist is back, this time where you send the Pokémon in question out into the field to assist in the capturing of other Pokémon. However, if the Pokémon receives damage, it will run away
  • The game allows you to ride on the back of the Legendary Beasts; Raikou, Entei & Suicune to get past certain areas
  • You encounter a Pichu whom carries a Ukulele whom seems to have a big part in the story
  • There are symbols that you can draw that all certain Pokémon, such as the aforementioned beasts should you need them. They have released a symbol for Eevee and a symbol for Croagunk.
  • There's a trial version coming on the Nintendo Channel on January 29th
  • There is a multiplayer mode. Up to four players can play to try and capture the most Pokémon
  • There's a secret about the Deoxys you can download. It is to be revealed next month

In The Games Department

Pokémon Ranger - Tracks of Light - Pre Release Pictures

With the details posted above, I have also compiled all the pictures provided by CoroCoro and placed them into our usual Pre-Release Picture page. We'll likely get high quality pictures on Friday but until then, you can see all the pictures available in this section. Expect more to come soon. Click the picture to go to the picture page

-- Delivered by Feed43 service

More...

This is surprising. I didn't think we'd be getting another Ranger game so soon. I was expecting one to be released after the 5th Generation. Not that this is a bad game, I'll be looking forward to it being released in the U.S.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well it seems that they are releasing the Ranger game in the gap of two years. First one was in 2006, the next one in 2008 & this one in 2010. So if we go by this the next ranger game would be out in 2012.
Maybe that would be the game which would showcase the 5th gen & would be the one which would be released just before the 5th gen games are released in the new Nintendo console (like the first ranger game which came out just before the DP games).

rocky505

What has it been now three pichus? Way too many before you know it Pichu will have as many formes as Deoxys.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well its a Pichu with a ukulele there's really nothing too special about it, and should never be considered a canon form. And PCP is really just the shiny coloring but now a canon name.

Chimchar15

Well it seems that they are releasing the Ranger game in the gap of two years. First one was in 2006, the next one in 2008 & this one in 2010. So if we go by this the next ranger game would be out in 2012.
Maybe that would be the game which would showcase the 5th gen & would be the one which would be released just before the 5th gen games are released in the new Nintendo console (like the first ranger game which came out just before the DP games).

Well you could be right because if you look back, both Pokemon ranger games came out about 6 months before a main Pokemon game was released.

Pokemon Ranger: Japan March 23rd 2006, Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Japan September 28th 2006

Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia: Japan March 20th 2008, Pokemon Platinum: Japan September 13th 2008.

Also I think it's ironic that this ranger game is called Tracks of Light and the previous ranger was Shadows of Almia. So we had a dark and light version.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well you could be right because if you look back, both Pokemon ranger games came out about 6 months before a main Pokemon game was released.

Pokemon Ranger: Japan March 23rd 2006, Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Japan September 28th 2006

Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia: Japan March 20th 2008, Pokemon Platinum: Japan September 13th 2008.

Also I think it's ironic that this ranger game is called Tracks of Light and the previous ranger was Shadows of Almia. So we had a dark and light version.
Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light: Japan March 6th 2010, Pokemon MindCrystal: Japan September 12th 2010

Amirite or Ami-bloody-rite?

It's safe to assume that the Light could be due to Cresscila?

ITOMARU

Answer Talker
Sounds lovely. I'd love to find out more about the whole 'shapes instead of loops in certain circumstances' muffin. Oh yes.

Despite how ridiculous the players look, I'll still go spend my tasty money on it, because that's what I do. But am I buying the games, or are they buying me...?
Anyway, the only thing that could really make me dislike this game is if Professor Hastings and Murph are not present. Because they're just necessary.

rocky505

I wonder if we'll be able to get events like in the SOA I know Manaphy will be one Hopefully Deoxys will be one.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I wonder if we'll be able to get events like in the SOA I know Manaphy will be one Hopefully Deoxys will be one.
Erm, we know Deoxys is one. That's all

Illusione-Tempus

Ooh, a new Rangers series? I'm soooo getting this game when it'll go out at Japan! That is, if it'll come out. I'm a really big Ranger fan

~:Shadow:~

I was never really interested in Ranger games for some reason, but this game might be different. I think the multiplayer mode, the special Deoxys and the fact that we can ride the legendary beasts appeal to me the most.
Again, what's with them and Pichus? It's getting redundant now.