• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Pokémon Upcoming Games + European Banette Giveaway + Episode Pict

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net Update: Pokémon Upcoming Games + European Banette Giveaway + Episode Pict

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

CoroCoro is due any day now and may provide some news so this update shall be ammended throughout the day. If you have any ideas for the site during the news lull, don't hesitate to send them in
With the first summer since the release of Generation V close to ending, the Chatroom & WiFi Chatroom have been a major hub for discussion & trade respectively so be sure to visit them. Our Forums have also been fixed of all problems and have a bustling trade and competitive section for the games.
Last Update: 14:12 BST
Edit @ 09:30; Global Link Banette | Edit @ 12:46; Banette UK Password | Edit @ 14:12; Episode Pictures

In The Games Department

Pokémon - Upcoming Games

Some news spreading round is regarding some comments on Junichi Masuda's Twitter Account. When asked about making remakes of the GBA games Ruby & Sapphire, he responded by saying that the original games were important to him and thanked the user for his input, not that he'll "consider" it as spreading around the internet. While this isn't an indicator of Ruby & Sapphire remakes actually coming out, anything is possible. We'll bring more news about upcoming games as and when they come so keep checking back

In The Games Department

Pokémon Black & White - European Banette Giveaway

For those of you with the European games, Banette is to be given away over the Pokémon Global Link. This Banette is a Level 37 Female Banette with the special move Cotton Guard and its ability; Cursed Body. This promotion runs from yesterday until December 7th 2011 and will be given via a variety of passwords released on various websites across the internet for each region in Europe. When the passwords are known, they will be posted here. The passwords are different for each region.
The United Kingdom and rest of Europe password is; BANETYahooGames
The Spanish password is; BANET3DJuegos
The Italian password is; BANETSpazioGames

In The Animé Department

Pokémon Black & White - Episode Pictures

As usual, I have done pictures from the episode that aired in Japan today. This episode features Ash and Trip meeting up with the Champion of the Unova region; Alder. The AniméDex has been updated with the vast contents of this episode. Click the picture to go to the gallery but be warned however as they contain spoilers;

-- Delivered by Feed43 service

More...

~Light

Already got the Banette ^^

But it isn't quite special since you can already get Shuppets in the mansion..

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
Worth it to have a female ASAP, I guess.

Thoaee

Im wondering, does this Banette have set stats, or is it possible to keep resetting till you get one with good stats/shiny ? I never received an event pokémon this way, so I wouldn't know. I also tried the search option (but that never works for some reason :S) and google, but couldn't find anything.

So, Ruby & Sapphire were important to Mr. Masuda.
Good to know.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Im wondering, does this Banette have set stats, or is it possible to keep resetting till you get one with good stats/shiny ? I never received an event pokémon this way, so I wouldn't know. I also tried the search option (but that never works for some reason :S) and google, but couldn't find anything.
Can reset for stats but not for shiny

Elecktivire

10-5 PO Record
ultimateplz.gif
Already got Banette, I guess I better get the european version!
ultimateplz.gif

But what about Grey? You don't release remakes of the original games without making a third game of that gen first.

Also, I have some news. I was talking with a guy on YouTube on his video about evidence pointing towards a third version of B/W, and we were discussing what platform it would be on. He said that the rest of Gen V will probably be on the DS, surprisingly, because it would be too hard for Game Freak to rewrite the engine to support 3D, which raises my hopes. It sounds obscure. I mean, come on, the most popular video game company in the world can't rewrite their OWN engine? That's laughable, but at least it raises hope in me for the third version being on the DS.

As with R/S remakes, I don't really care what platform they'd be on, but it's nice to hear that Masuda actually cares about the old games.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
But what about Grey? You don't release remakes of the original games without making a third game of that gen first.

Also, I have some news. I was talking with a guy on YouTube on his video about evidence pointing towards a third version of B/W, and we were discussing what platform it would be on. He said that the rest of Gen V will probably be on the DS, surprisingly, because it would be too hard for Game Freak to rewrite the engine to support 3D, which raises my hopes. It sounds obscure. I mean, come on, the most popular video game company in the world can't rewrite their OWN engine? That's laughable, but at least it raises hope in me for the third version being on the DS.

As with R/S remakes, I don't really care what platform they'd be on, but it's nice to hear that Masuda actually cares about the old games.
1. FRLG came out before Emerald did

2. By the time a new main series game is released, the DS will be long dead. At the very most, they'll be 3DS enhanced DS games but that's not likely

1. FRLG came out before Emerald did
Platinum came out before HGSS.

2. By the time a new main series game is released, the DS will be long dead. At the very most, they'll be 3DS enhanced DS games but that's not likely

Well, that's what everyone would say. As long as third party companies (at the very most) keep making games for the DS, that's the greatest thing to do, to put it on both platforms so that everyone wins.

Grey Wind

Oh good, I'm glad that this random Youtube person confirmed it won't be on the new system, and will be on the old, dead system. Thanks for the news!

Platinum came out before HGSS.
And your point is...? You said that you always get the third version first, which doesn't happen.

Well, that's what everyone would say. As long as third party companies (at the very most) keep making games for the DS, that's the greatest thing to do, to put it on both platforms so that everyone wins.
The DS is already dying. As Serebii said, by the time Grey/RS Remakes come out it will be dead. You didn't see Platinum come out on the GBA did you? I'm aware that BW are on the DS, but there's no point in making main, first party games for a defunct hardware.

Last edited:

BCVM22

As long as third party companies (at the very most) keep making games for the DS, that's the greatest thing to do, to put it on both platforms so that everyone wins.

You kid yourself by assuming companies worry about "everyone" winning.

They don't. Their concern is making money. There is no longer any considerable money to be made in releasing major DS titles. It really is that simple, and what is more confusing to me is your inability - or perhaps simply unwillingness - to recognize despite being told by any number of individuals at every juncture at which you choose to raise the topic.

Let me spell it out as simply as it possibly can be: the DS is dying if not dead. No company is continuing to produce major software for the DS family, and whatever software continues to trickle out as last gasps was in development prior to the 3DS, in which case there's no sense in wasting completed resources. Nintendo has since moved all of their key franchises to the 3DS and that is the one indicator you should be looking at, because it tells you all you need to know.

There it all is, in plain black and white. The reality is yours to accept or not accept, but make no mistake, your refusal to accept this reality doesn't change it in the slightest, no matter how many times you elect to rail against it.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
There's no doubt that Ruby and Sapphire remakes will be made, but it's a bit surprising that they haven't started to work on it yet.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Omg!! Whooo i am psyched!!!
Don't get too excited. This is what he tweeted:
Junichi Masuda: @RSremake Thank you!受Ke止Memashita heavy firmly. RS is also an important work for Masuda. You make a good thing. Thank you! !
He never gave a time frame or anything. All he did was thank a fan who said RS were awesome.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터

Don't trick yourself. It's not even a question if any new games will be on DS anymore.

Oh good, I'm glad that this random Youtube person confirmed it won't be on the new system, and will be on the old, dead system. Thanks for the news!

I diden't mean it as news news, I was just saying- oh forget it it dosen't matter. If he knew that Grey would be on the 3DS, then he woulden't post that comment, he must obviously know about engines.

And your point is...? You said that you always get the third version first, which doesn't happen.

You should see my point right there. Platinum was the last one to be a third game, and after that HeartGold and SoulSilver came out. So what you just said is invalid.

The DS is already dying. As Serebii said, by the time Grey/RS Remakes come out it will be dead. You didn't see Platinum come out on the GBA did you? I'm aware that BW are on the DS, but there's no point in making main, first party games for a defunct hardware.

The only reason Platinum came out on the DS was because Diamond and Pearl came on the DS. The only reason Emerald came out on the GBA was because Ruby and Sapphire came out on the GBA. The only reason Yellow came out on the original Game Boy was because Red and Blue/Green were on the original Game Boy.

Inb4Crystal

No company is continuing to produce major software for the DS family.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/releases/ds/

Really, BCVM, what is the worst that could happen if it came on the DS, regardless of whether it would be 3DS enhanced or not?

Last edited:

Grey Wind

You should see my point right there. Platinum was the last one to be a third game, and after that HeartGold and SoulSilver came out. So what you just said is invalid.
You said third versions always come out first.

Serebii said FRLG came out before Platinum.

Therefore, what you said was wrong. Yes, Platinum came out before HGSS. But what Serebii said still proves what you originally said was wrong.

The only reason Platinum came out on the DS was because Diamond and Pearl came on the DS. The only reason Emerald came out on the GBA was because Ruby and Sapphire came out on the GBA. The only reason Yellow came out on the original Game Boy was because Red and Blue/Green were on the original Game Boy.
Yes. But remember, when Platinum came out, the DS was still Nintendo's main hardware, and there was no other hardware they could have put it on. Platinum came out on the DS because it was the main console of it's time. It was the console that would make them money.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/releases/ds/

Really, BCVM, what is the worst that could happen if it came on the DS, regardless of whether it would be 3DS enhanced or not?
You literally just ignored his entire post. Kudos.

If you look at the link you so kindly provided, you'll see that the upcoming games stop at November. They would have already been in production before the 3DS come out.

It's not what could happen. He's not against it being on the DS, he never said that. He said that it won't be on the DS. I really don't see why it's so hard for you to understand this.

The DS is a dead console. Dead, mort, whatever. It's not going to sell anymore games. Nintendo have moved on to the 3DS, and whether you like it or not, all of their new games will be on it. Sure, some third party games may be released on it soon. But in 3-4 years, when Grey/RS remakes come, nobody will be making any games for it.

Nintendo make games to make money. They will make the most money buy releasing it on current hardware, not old, defunct consolse. Therefore, they will put any of their future games on the 3DS, whether you buy it or not.

Last edited: