• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Saturday: AttackDex Upgrades + New Games?

Janovy

Banned
I pray to God there's a second game. >_<

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Probably not. They never revealed a main game and a spin-off together. But, BUT, Mewtwo's very limited run, I mean come on, a month?, makes me think we still gonna wait till may for a main series game. No way if mewtwo were to be such a prominent feature in gray would they have it this early and this little.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Wii Game. Has Multiplayer this time. Coming this Winter in Japan

biangot

Hmm... What's intriguing is that why there is only one scan regarding the Mewtwo event and why it really doesn't confirm most of it's information aside from it's ability and release date? Do you think that there are other scans regarding Mewtwo that hadn't surfaced yet? I mean, Masuda appearing on Pokemon Smash just for this Mewtwo event means there is something big regarding this.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Winter? Any hopes of a mainline game appearing soon just shot up, if only briefly. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Hmm... What's intriguing is that why there is only one scan regarding the Mewtwo event and why it really doesn't confirm most of it's information aside from it's ability and release date? Do you think that there are other scans regarding Mewtwo that hadn't surfaced yet? I mean, Masuda appearing on Pokemon Smash just for this Mewtwo event means there is something big to happen.
Nope, I really think its just a damn Mewtwo and that's it. Masuda could be hyping for something else, but I just don't think so.

biangot

Oh great. Now our next move is to wait for Pokemon Smash to see what Masuda will reveal on that hidden question-marked cardboard. I mean, Masuda won't appear randomly on Pokemon Smash just to reveal that event, I really have a feeling that there is something more to that Mewtwo event. Anyway, it seems that all the scans hadn't surfaced yet, so maybe there's still another scan for the Mewtwo event.

biangot

Masuda did show up in October to show off a Cubchoo event...
Ohh... This brought me to a letdown. Well, it seems that some news on the main series game won't come until next year then. At least the fandom had such a small hype for a while though. :)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Its what we live off of though, so of course there was hype. While playing the main games is fun, after a year we need something to talk about. Theorizing can go so far.

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
New Game Confirmed; PokéPark 2 - Beyond the World. Full details of the game not yet known. Please bear with me

Awesome, I really liked the first game.
I hope it's not as easy to beat 100% as the first game.

biangot

Anyway, just want to ask though. When Masuda showed himself on Pokemon Smash for the Cubchoo event, did its episode's preview showed a question mark as well before its showing?

Blazing Charmander

That's bitterly disappointing news. When I first saw Mewtwo as the cover star of the new TCG deck alongside Kyurem, I was hoping that it was a sign that Game Freak had something big planned for the Gen 1 legendary in a forthcoming game. I still await the day where Game Freak decide to delve deeper into its backstory, including the accounts of Blaine and Mr./Dr. Fuji. Emerald's Faraway Island Mew event was a nice inclusion to RBY/FRLG's already established backstory but HGSS didn't do enough for me, where instead Mewtwo returned to Cerulean Cave without explanation and Mew was a 10th Anniversary Giveaway with no in-game event attached (the lack of a Celebi GS ball encounter event was a disappointment too). I really hope that this Mewtwo event isn't as shallow as it looks on face value, i.e. just a standard giveaway to fill the Pokedex.

As for PokePark 2? I was never compelled to pick up the first one for Wii but I will give it the fact that it looks fairly fun as a side-game, especially for the kids that it targets. However, i'm sure that more people were expecting a more important game in light of Masuda's appearance on Pokemon Smash next week. Hopefully this isn't the last of the news that we get before next year.

Maxim

Beyond repair
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

NO!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!
GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOD WHY?????????

Why are you doing this to us? WHY????????!!!!!!! *screams to heavens* WHY FREAKIN' WHY??????????!!!!!!!!!!!

First Rumble 2 and now this... All game news have been so disappointing since the revelation of BW but this... it's an ULTIMATE boner killer.

My God... No, wait. I'm now convinced that God doesn't exist.

If anyone is planning to commit a gremial suicide, then may I join?

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
Rumble 2 is actually a really good game, a massive improvement on the Wii one, which was and is consistently the best selling WiiWare game

Maybe. But it wasn't what I would consider as a "fun spinoff Pokemon game". It was just one of many mediocre spinoffs, not really memorable in any way.

Also, I'm already SICK of Pokemon-only spinoffs. Can't they make a Wii-U Stadium (and I'm saying Stadium, not PBR) or at least someone which has some kind of plot and some goddamn human characters?

All spinoffs this gen were Pokemon-only, except Typing DS (which isn't really worth noting) and none of them had any plot. Can't they make something... hmmm... different?

Last edited:

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
PokePark 2! Awesome! :D

I don't get why people hate all these Spin-off games...I guess people just don't like new things. I, on the other hand enjoy playing any kind of Pokemon games. I have the first PokePark game and I really enjoyed playing it. I'm a Gamer and I'll enjoy just about any kind of game. I've played pretty much every Pokemon game and I enjoyed every one of them.

...Well maybe not Dash. But the rest I like. Yes, even Pokemon Channel. And NOT because of Jirachi. :)

And what is wrong with Pokemon only Spinoff games? Pokemon Mystery Dungeon anyone? PMD Sky is probably my all time favorite Pokemon game! I guess all that people care about is battling nowadays and not caring about anything else. :(