• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Starter Evolutions & Dub Episode Titles

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

News could come at any moment now so be sure to keep checking back. Less than two weeks until our Black & White coverage begins. There's lots of news to come before then so keep checking back. Since the 40+ Black & White Pokémon have been out, the Chatroom & WiFi Chatroom have been booming with discussion & trade respectively so be sure to visit them.
Edit @ 10:10 BST; Starter Evolutions Confirmed. | Edit @ 13:57; New Pokémon

In The Games Department

Pokémon Black & White - Starter Evolutions

On Wednesday, these images leaked onto 2ch for the evolutions of Tsutaja, Pokabu & Mijumaru. Everyone was unsure about them until some user claimed he created them. However, with no evidence, we were all unsure as to whether they were real or fake. However, I have received confirmation that these Pokémon are in fact the evolutions of the starter Pokémon. While there's a slim chance that this is wrong, everything I have been told has turned out accurate thus far. We'll bring more as it comes. Click the spoiler tag to see the evolutions in case you didn't catch them on Wednesday.

Click to show images:
Images Within

Tsutarja's EvolutionsPokabu's Evolutions Mijumaru's Evolutions

In The Games Department

Pokémon Black & White - New Pokémon

A new image has just leaked onto 2ch from an as of yet unknown publication which features a new monkey Pokémon. This monkey is a similar monkey to Yanappu and is blue. According to the poster on 2ch, the monkeys form a trio of Pokémon called Yanappu, as we know which is Grass, Hiyappu (ヒヤップ) which is Fire and Baoppu (バオップ) which is of the Water-type. We're unsure as to whether they have any pure differences but we'll bring more on this as and when it comes

In The Anime Department

Dub Episode Title

The CartoonNetwork TV schedule has revealed a new title for an episod. This is the episode title for the seventeenth episode of this season and the 642nd episode total. This episode features the beginning of the Grand Festival. This episode is to be called Last Call, First Round! and is scheduled to air on the 18th of September. Click the picture for synopsis and episode pictures;

A second dub title was also revealed by the CN TV schedule. This is the episode title for the eighteenth episode of this season and the 643rd episode total. This episode features continuation of the Grand Festival and features Dawn face off against Ursula. This episode is to be called Opposites Interact! and is scheduled to air on the 25th of September. Click the picture for synopsis and episode pictures;

A third dub title was also revealed by the CN TV schedule. This is the episode title for the nineteenth episode of this season and the 644th episode total. This episode features the continuation of the Grand Festival and sees Zoey face off against Nando. This episode is to be called Coming Full Festival Circle! and is scheduled to air on the 2nd of October. Click the picture for synopsis and episode pictures;

-- Delivered by Feed43 service

More...

Grei

not the color
I'd like to quote a post from the Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread.

These are sooo fake, I can name at plenty of reasons why they are:

http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/8/84/BW_anime.png (here is the anime leak for comparison)

Wotter's 2nd Stage:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-mijumaru-evos.jpg
-THE MOUTH, if you look in the anime leak, it's curved like this: "3", in the evolution's art-in-question the mouth was incorrectly made a "<", which is the way Wotter's mouth is designed, also the ears are too big and a bit more pointy.

Smugleaf's 2nd Stage:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-tsutaaja-evos.jpg
-The shading, look on the abdomen, in the anime leak the shading only extends to the feet, while in the artwork being discussed it goes all the way across.
-The darker green near the eye ends in a point that goes downwards in the anime leak, where as in this it curls back, also it gets closer to the lip in the anime leak than it does in the rumored image.
-A WHOLE LINE is missing in it's collar, in the anime leak a "crease" directly in the center of each of the visible neck appendage.

Baycon's 2nd Stage:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-pokabu-evos.jpg
-Nothing I can really point out as false, though the transition from a ball tail to a puffy one doesn't make sense . . . . .
-THE SECOND FINGER ON THE RIGHT HAND IS INCORRECTLY COLORED YELLOW

Wotter's 3rd Stage:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-mijumaru-evos.jpg

. . . seriously, do you see ANY relevance between the two designs? At all? All of the past starter 3rd stages were easily traceable to their pre-evolution, this looks nothing like the 2nd stage, and, more importantly doesn't look like a pokemon. I'd say it looks like something from Digimon or even something Square would create, but not Game Freak.

Smugleaf's 3rd Stage
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-tsutaaja-evos.jpg
-Color change seems drastic, especially when compared to previous starters.
-No reason to lose arms and legs, in fact it's movepool would be hurt by such disappearances . . . .

Baycon's 3rd Stage
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-pokabu-evos.jpg
-Looks NEAR EXACTLY like Rypherior:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d9/464Rhyperior.png
-Notice how the "elbows", tail, finger amount, toe amount and placement, and the location of the band on the torso are very similar?
-The "thumbs" don't align properly, the one on it's right hand is further back than the one on the left.
-Design on the torso doesn't align properly with the center of it's body
-The "elbows" don't align properly, the one on it's right arm points outward while the one on it's left points inward.

And this:
http://pokejungle.net/2010/09/01/bw-rumors-iv/comment-page-1/#comment-9320

Looks like decent proof that they are fake, notice how these shots are zoomed out and DON'T look photoshopped, besides the error on the 2nd-stage fire-type's claw is more than enough proof.

Please note all of this, but especially note the ones I have highlighted in bold.

If this is real Sugimori art, or even beta art, why would there be coloring errors, much less symmetry errors, in the artwork? The number of errors with Pokabu's line is a bit daunting considering this is supposed to be official work.

I can't ask you (Serebii Joe) how exactly you can be sure that these are the real starters, but frankly, I don't believe it. There has to be some logical explanation for these errors, and I think that explanation is that these aren't real.

Perhaps you can ask Pokexperto about this. He seems to be the one who is so sure that these are real.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I am positive they are real. I wouldn't have posted if I wasn't.

-Salamence-

serebii, but what made you change your mind about them?
From where Pokexperto knows that they are real? What source does he exactly got today, that made you and pokebeach change your minds?

Grei

not the color
I am positive they are real. I wouldn't have posted if I wasn't.

Then would you kindly explain why Sugimori would make stupid mistakes like coloring a claw yellow instead of white, or making Pokabu's final form's symmetry incredibly lopsided, or making one of Miju3's whiskers considerably longer than the other? There are other discrepancies but I feel those prove enough. If these are official, the real deal, why are there mistakes?

Besides, how can you be 100% positive if you claim there's a "slim chance" these are fake.

Last edited:

Omegafire

He ain't no Giyigas
Serebii joe you've been wrong before on certain things too.
You were wrong with everybody called out Pochama's english was Piplup.
and you even called Shelloss a Lapras pre-evolve.

This isn't any different, you said it yourself fakes are getting better these days, so whats stopping these from being fake too? It can be a elaborate fake by 2chan trolling the american pokemon websites into believing them.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Right.

The Piplup stuff, there was merchandise among english names that said Pochama so I was right in posting that
Shellos being Lapras pre-evo was a mis-step 4 years ago in the rush of posting

This is information I've been given ahead of release...something that often happens and hasn't been wrong once

My god. Why the hell are people suddenly so untrusting

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Right.

The Piplup stuff, there was merchandise among english names that said Pochama so I was right in posting that
Shellos being Lapras pre-evo was a mis-step 4 years ago in the rush of posting

This is information I've been given ahead of release...something that often happens and hasn't been wrong once

My god. Why the hell are people suddenly so untrusting

Grei

not the color
I don't think people have stopped trusting you, it's just that there is a lot of evidence in either direction, so people don't know what to believe. I'm sure almost everyone here is willing to believe you and put their trust in you in all of the information that you give us.

In this particular instance, there's enough evidence that suggests some sort of deception or misunderstanding by someone down the line. Forgive us for remaining skeptical, I suppose.

-Salamence-

Because they have been removed from the site already, and now bringed back. It is very frustrating people, not to mention these are bad designs for starters pokemon....

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll
Those evos don't even make sense.

Wotter line: Bipedal Otter with no spikes- Bipedal Otter with no spikes-HURR NARWHAL WITH SPIKES EVERYWHERE

Smugleaf's final evo is Grass Milotic, and his second evo looks like it's going off in a completely different direction.

Pignite's evos look inconsistent, why is he suddenly bipedal and "hurr look at me i so strong". He just looks like he got fused with Magmortar or something, it's not something I expect a pig's evo to look like. Also if there's another fire/fighting type starter, I swear to god I'm going to murder everyone at Gamefreak.

Also, see: Suave Squirtles arguments.

altariaking

SPPF is friendly.
Those evos don't even make sense.

Wotter line: Bipedal Otter with no spikes- Bipedal Otter with no spikes-HURR NARWHAL WITH SPIKES EVERYWHERE

Smugleaf's final evo is Grass Milotic, and his second evo looks like it's going off in a completely different direction.

Pignite's evos look inconsistent, why is he suddenly bipedal and "hurr look at me i so strong". He just looks like he got fused with Magmortar or something, it's not something I expect a pig's evo to look like. Also if there's another fire/fighting type starter, I swear to god I'm going to murder everyone at Gamefreak.

Also, see: Suave Squirtles arguments.

Wrong starter names.

If those really are the starters, I'm releasing my starter straight away when I catch another Pokemon.

GunSaberSeraph

Those Golden Days
I know people have mentioned that this contact has gotten information right before, but there seems to be a significant difference between the past leaks and the one we're getting right now.

The name leaks for DP and HGSS have leaks specific to the localized versions of their games (in DP's case, the names of the new Pokemon; and in HGSS' case the names of new areas, Rocket admin names, and the inclusion of Voltorb flip).

But this evolution leak is something relevant to the original Japanese release of Black & White. Out of curiosity, has Serebii's contact ever claimed correct information about anything prior to the Japanese release of any of the games?

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
im not sure these are real but i hate how people just keep whining and try to prove them fake (suave squirtle's 'evidence' makes no sense, its just because of the somewhat blurry pics, there is no yellow finger)

i love these evos and i want one good reason to call them bad other than personal preference, so stop complaining, bcuz if these are real, it wont makes you like em better

altariaking

SPPF is friendly.
Ok, I originally hated them, but Mijumaru's final evo has really grown on me. I stilll really don't like the colours of the first evolve though. Pokabu's I don't like because it looks like yet another fire/fighting starter evolve, and Tsutaju's is just...no comment.

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll
Wrong starter names.

If those really are the starters, I'm releasing my starter straight away when I catch another Pokemon.
I'm not call them by their weaboo names because "hurrr glorious nippon ~uguu"

Zaykorz

Now we have confirmation these were just traced from the design notes we got.

http://i55.*******.com/24ngn5s.gif

Credits too Suave Squirtle at Mariokartwii.com for the picture, man he got good stuff..
And credit too ray the ruler, for making the pic, for which suave made the gif out of.

Last edited:

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll