• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Thursday: New Pokémon/Forms & Platinum Data

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
THose Pokemon can't be real....at least I hope.

ANd the gyms look AWSOME.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
As WPM said, its possible they are not in Platinum, considering the pamphlets will be released when Platinum is, and they said the pamphlets have 'hints'. If they were in platinum, why would they need hints? People could just play Plaitnum and find out the new pokemon/alt formes.

So its likely either 5th gen, or fake.
Bare in mind that several aspects of DP were "hidden" until after launch.

This is very unprecedented...the similarity between the five is definitely note worthy and the fact that they're revealed before Arceus indicates they are likely alt forms within Platinum

Oh, and a new image confirms the sihlouettes are real

slowkingsley

They are most likely alternate formes of existing pokemon. I guess they could delay their release by using a key item, similar to the glacidia flower for Shaymin, that will have to be downloaded at an event or pokemon centre. But as Serebii said the data for the item will most likely be in the coding and will be "discovered" before then if this is the case.

cittran

Sweet, new gym designs. Though if those Possible New Pokemon are real, then the Creator of Pokemon is running out of designs >.<.

THose Pokemon can't be real....at least I hope.

ANd the gyms look AWSOME.

...Actually, the first thing that I noticed when I saw those supposedly new Pokemon was that they all had a spike on their heads...
;479;
Remind you of anything? The second thing that I noticed was that when I clicked the link to the blue skY blog and scrolled down until I found the original pictures was that the background they are up against, (Sinnoh), has a large black 'hole' in the center; about where the top of Mt. Coronet is. I assume that this is the rift that opens up into the Torn World. Maybe the five 'new' Pokemon shown are Pokemon that are native to the Torn World; that is, you can't get them by any method until you have either gotten to the point where the rift opens, or have already closed the rift.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Yeah that's what I first thought it might be alt. forms of Rotom.

^^ Good point but I highly doubt it.

Yeah, maybe Giratina is not the only Pokemon that changes in the Torn World. I'll be interested to see what the deal with these are.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
You know, since the "new" pokemon look machine-like, could we be looking at a new Pokemon type? Machine-type? I'm not all for it (I want light first to be the polar opposite of dark). This sounds a bit gimmicky but its possible. The 5th generation of Pokemon could be based in the future where Pokemon have adapted and gained machine attributes. Though, this is based solely on silhouettes so its just something I thought of and in the end they could be just the shape that's machine-like.

You know, since the "new" pokemon look machine-like, could we be looking at a new Pokemon type? Machine-type? I'm not all for it (I want light first to be the polar opposite of dark). This sounds a bit gimmicky but its possible. The 5th generation of Pokemon could be based in the future where Pokemon have adapted and gained machine attributes. Though, this is based solely on silhouettes so its just something I thought of and in the end they could be just the shape that's machine-like.

Machine-type doesn't seem very elemental though, although it'd make more sense than Dragon. Plus, if they did make any machine Pokemon, they would probably just make them Steel and/or Electric-type.

jorisw

This is very unprecedented...the similarity between the five is definitely note worthy and the fact that they're revealed before Arceus indicates they are likely alt forms within Platinum

Oh, and a new image confirms the sihlouettes are real[/QUOTE which image? I really want to see it.

Naxte

No; they might be based around machines, but there won't be a whole new machine type, especially in the middle of a generation. Machine Pokemon would work just fine under Steel-type anyway, so I don't see it as being very likely.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Hmm... the orange one looks like it could be a fog form of Castform, and all the others look like possible alt. forms of Rotom. The giveaway that they're related to Rotom is that they have a similar style of... appendages... and their bodies look like TV sets. Personally, I think they're believable, but I don't really like them, except maybe the Castform.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I think they are all different versions of Rotom. Because 3/5 have the little cow lick he has. Secondly the appendages are very similar with some. The red one looks like a toaster to me. And the blue looks like a refrigerator. I think that they are based on if you find a Rotom in different electrical appliances

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
...Actually, the first thing that I noticed when I saw those supposedly new Pokemon was that they all had a spike on their heads...
;479;
Remind you of anything? The second thing that I noticed was that when I clicked the link to the blue skY blog and scrolled down until I found the original pictures was that the background they are up against, (Sinnoh), has a large black 'hole' in the center; about where the top of Mt. Coronet is. I assume that this is the rift that opens up into the Torn World. Maybe the five 'new' Pokemon shown are Pokemon that are native to the Torn World; that is, you can't get them by any method until you have either gotten to the point where the rift opens, or have already closed the rift.

All maps of Sinnoh in Platinum show the Torn World, so that doesn't mean anything.

AstralEon

The one and only.
They look like machines to me...

The Green one looks like a tractor(those machines used for farming)

The Orange one looks like a globe that just spins around.

The Blue one seems weird to me. Its arms looks like coat hangers and I believe it has a tail

The Red one looks like one of those old fashion lemon squeezers with crab like arms

The Purple one looks like the same thing as the Red one only taller and has Rotoms arms

If you noticed, the Blue, Red, and Purple, have the same pointy head.

I hope not all pokemon will look like this. If they are, then it looks the Creators have gone with technology...

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
The blue one looks like a mechanic Tangrowth
The green one looks like....I don't know what
The red one looks like the fighting obsessed robot from Wall.E
The purple one looks like Rotom has forgotten it's diet
The orange one looks like a small Hitmontop.

Kamui988

Azami Lover
I'm gonna bet my arm and leg that these or at least most of them are new rotom/castform transformations, not evolutions. Also, flashlight gym=sunyshore

Last edited:

Pokemaster271

Electropower!
It's obviously going to be Sunyshore, part of the plot of D/P is that there's a power cut there. Obviously in Platinum it isn't resolved before you challenge the gym.

No, actually its obviously NOT going to be Sunyshore. In fact, its probably Hearthome because of the Duskull.

PamperedPersian1

The green one looks like a thunderstorm form of Castform or a deformed miniature form of Magnezone, the red one seems like Metang and the orange one looks kind of like Porygon2 and PorygonZ mixed together...