• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Tuesday: Major Dex Update

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

- 28-08-2007- 24:05 BST / 19:05 EDT - Serebii Going to be busy most of the week
The WiFi Battling & Trading Chatroom is booming so now its even easier to find people in real-time to battle or trade, and not forgetting the Normal Chatroom ...

More...

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
This is indeed more helpful than what we used to have. :D

But I wonder... would it have been possible to generate actual breeding chains and report them to the user on the details page instead? Like, form a query when they hit the details link for THAT Pokemon, and what pops up are possible breeding chains that will lead to the desired result. It's something to think about, although I don't know how hardcoded your details pages are as they are now (I should hope not at all). You could use what you've already collected to generate the chains yourself if you so chose. :p It'd be more work, and it'd add more processing time to the requests, but I think it'd be worth it, myself.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Well the issue I have with that is, despite everything being PHP based, to conserve server usage and requests etc it creates the static pages that are always there

I'm trying to avoid having the site too dynamic as it'd kill the already dying servers...the sites too big for one server

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I just looked up Sneasel for an example since probably the most common breeding question (with respect to egg moves) is how to get Ice Punch and Pursuit on it.

Are there plans of tying this in with the 3rd Gen. Dex? Because I know Aipom and Zangoose can get both moves in the 3rd Gen.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Yeah, there should be an additional category for Pokemon who learn the desired move through 3rd. gen means (move tutors, R/S/E/FR/LG level up, and XD purification moves and move tutors. I didn't mention Pokemon Box Pokemon because 1; Swablu's False Swipe is now a TM move. 2; Nothing has Skitty's Pay Day as an egg move. 3; Nothing has Zigzagoon's Extremespeed as an egg move. 4; Pichu's Surf is an HM move. 5; Gardevoir learns Wish naturally now. (Wish Ralts WAS what took the place of Surfing Pichu in the jap. Box, right?)

MISTYFAN4EVER8887

Sorry if this is off-topic but I wouldn't know where else to put it......
Whatup with the SerebiiBot thing? IS this your doing, Serebii? Or is it a genuine user? Just concerned for security sake.

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Sorry if this is off-topic but I wouldn't know where else to put it......
Whatup with the SerebiiBot thing? IS this your doing, Serebii? Or is it a genuine user? Just concerned for security sake.

It's his bot; it posts news here whenever he adds something to the site.

Also, thanks for the alphabetical dex option Serebii. It's extremely helpful.