• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Tuesday: Platinum Release Date Revealed

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Mickey's dog, Pluto.
TBH I would have preferred Hades, as it's the Greek translation. That doesn't have the same ring to it that Pluto does, though. Well, and entirely different ring, actually.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pluto is Mickey Mouse's Dog

Pluto is the Japanese name for the new Galactic Admin.

Simple

Mickey's dog, Pluto.
TBH I would have preferred Hades, as it's the Greek translation. That doesn't have the same ring to it that Pluto does, though. Well, and entirely different ring, actually.
Hades is not a Celestial Body and thus would not fit within the Galactic Admin pattern

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH
Charon is a girl name, Nintendo. :(

And Looker? What's wrong with Handsome? Is it copyrighted, too?

Distortion World sounds terrible as well. Distorted World/Zone/Realm would have been ace.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Its on the Circuit City online store with the release date. I just want higher res before I put it on the site. Waiting for the press kit

I see. Makes sense, it is a small picture.

Also, Handsome is trademarked.....by me, because I'm handsome (j/k)

Distortion World just sounds horrible...

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Hades is not a Celestial Body and thus would not fit within the Galactic Admin pattern
Hades is the Greek name of Pluto.
¬¬
But touché.

Wow! Great news!

And some people used to argue, in the past, that Charon and Pluto could both be considered planets in a sense, because they both depended on each other's gravitational attraction so much.

Basically, Charon is about half the size of Pluto, so, whilst Charon orbits Pluto, Pluto also orbits Charon. Also, both their centres of orbit (round each other, not around the Sun), are not located on each other (which is quite strange).

Pluto and Charon are actually sometimes referred to as a 'dwarf double planet'.

Well, there's my pathetic attempt to make Charon sound vaguely like a planet. :)

evandeck

If you click the Circuit City link in the news post it will go to the site but it will say "requested item not found"

evandeck

Well if you all are wondering here is the US Platinum Boxart

pokemon-platinum.jpg

evandeck

Here is some information from Pokemonplatinum.net

New info is in bold

This is only a rumour and has not yet been officially confirmed by Nintendo, so take this with a grain of salt.

Translation guide:

yabureta sekai (lit. Ruined World) --> Distortion World

Wi-Fi Hiroba (Wi-Fi Square) --> Wi-Fi Plaza

Galactic Commander Pluto --> Charon

Detective "Handsome" --> Looker

Product description:

As the story unfolds, players will encounter the mysterious new Distortion World, an area unlike any seen in a Pok�mon video game before. The Battle Frontier area (first introduced in Pok�mon Emerald) has been added to Sinnoh, containing five new Battle Facilities for Trainers to challenge, each with its own special rules. Players can explore the new Wi-Fi Plaza � a virtual Pok�mon amusement park filled with activities, including three new mini-games where up to 4 players can compete at once.

Distortion World: As the story unfolds, players will encounter the mysterious new Distortion World, an area unlike any seen in a Pok�mon video game before. The normal rules of time and space don�t apply to this world, allowing the area to push the limits of the Pok�mon game world. Players leap from pieces of land suspended in midair, walk sideways and even upside-down. The Distortion World, where the powerful Giratina resides, is somehow connected to the regular Pok�mon world.

The Battle Frontier: The Battle Frontier area (first introduced in Pok�mon Emerald) has been added to Sinnoh, containing five new Battle Facilities for Trainers to challenge, each with its own special rules. Each facility is run by one of five new �Frontier Brains� (characters that are similar to Gym Leaders). The new battle formats in each facility allow players to challenge themselves in new ways.

Wi-Fi Plaza: Players can explore the new Wi-Fi Plaza � a virtual Pok�mon amusement park filled with activities, including three new mini-games where up to 4 players can compete at once. Up to 20 players from around the world can connect together in the Wi-Fi Plaza to experience games, take part in parades and even see a fireworks show.

Enhanced Storyline: New characters add to the story, including Charon, a new Commander of the villainous Team Galactic (who is suspicious even by their standards) and an undercover detective, codenamed �Looker,� who is in pursuit of Team Galactic. Looker will help you throughout your adventure. Team Galactic has a new scheme� they�ve turned their sights on all three Legendary titans of Sinnoh � Dialga, Palkia and Giratina (all three Pok�mon appear together in this game for the first time).
The Wi-Fi plaza doesn't say there is a time limit. The Fireworks Show is just for show.

EDIT: I found more news from Bulbanews

In addition, the Circuit City page names the fan-named dragon trio as the legendary titans, fitting to the great powers of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.

Last edited:

SmartD

Heh, all the Circuit Cities around here went out of business. xD Haha, that's great.

Looker?! Seriously, what the he...ck.
Distortion World...sounds kinda dumb. I'd prefer Torn World.

I'm still gonna get it, even though the dub of it kinda...ruined a few things. :p

Same here. My Circuit City is selling out everything. On the bright side, there's a Best Buy a few stores down from Circuit City, so it wouldn't be a problem to get my copy of Platinum.